1. Default Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

I have opened 9 of these and all are 30s. Did anyone get any 20 at all?

2. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

I got a beam dance 20. Just bad luck I guess.

3. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

Yeah, I was thinking about that myself. I've got like 4 or 5 Book 30s, and the only Book 20 I got was from Neo City, I believe o.o''
    All of the ones I've gotten from the Unleashed Shop have been Book 30s o.e Maybe it's just bad luck?

4. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

This also was the case with phantom and other thieves in the renegades shop, probably every class and event shop. Shop class MMBs only give 30 books.

That quote is from the first Unleashed patch's extraction.

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

I'm fairly certain that all of those class specific books in the current, as well as past event shops only gave the 30 versions of mastery books.

6. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

It's bad enough that class mastery books are a whopping 50 coins a pop, and that there's no special mastery. But they can only give 30 of any given skill? Nice.

7. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

For 55 coins, or 5.5k Maple Leaves, you can just get the Special Mastery Book from the 8th Anniversary shop.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Limit: 1

9. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

Maple leaves aren't easy to come by. They've gone up to 25k each in Scania, and the only way to get them for free is the town boxes. That comes up to 137.5m for 5.5k leaves.

And what are you going to do when the anniversary shop is gone?

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

takes just a few days of farming fifty boxes, one even, if you farm the boxes on all your chars. i get a good 400 to 600 leaves from a pack of 50 boxes

11. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

It's comparatively cheaper, though, than buying books, but it could also potentially be free. OOPArts Code 30 is like 80m+ in Windia, the last time I saw one, and I heard it was 150m yesterday, and it's 50%, I bought a 20 for 110m, (thinking it was 30, but I traded a friend the 20 for a 30, and failed it, twice total), so, it would've been cheaper for that particular book to get a special book through leaves, though, somehow I managed to get 33 coins, luck, I guess, over the past 2 or 3 days of opening boxes (50 a day, since I realized you could still get 1.5x EXP buffs). So, it only cost me 2.2k * 15k for leaves, cheapest I could find scouring the FM, to claim the Special book, or free if I just waited a few days. If we go the buying route, the full 5.5k would've cost around 99m, they're most common around 18k per.

Also, from what I remember, the LHC book is always a 20, and the Neo City book is always a 30, I don't know about the Silent Crusade book, though, I think that one can be either.

Like Sapta said, it's only one book, a potentially free method for at least getting another skill to max, I wasn't really suggesting it as something you should be relying on for skills. That being said, I'm probably gonna wait until books are cheaper to buy the rest of them.

12. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

That really depends on your luck. Some may not be as fortunate, and not have a surplus of characters.

So again, what happens after you get your special mastery that's limited to one purchase? Even if you manage to amass enough leaves, you're going to have to resort to the free market inevitably. And this is assuming that you're a Xenon!

Would it not just be easier if Nexon added the possibility of obtaining a 20 from mastery books (as per normal mastery books), rather than teasing players with false hope?
    Last edited by Zerard; 2013-07-10 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Added a bit more

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i thought so too, until i noticed that brooding over it would get me nowhere, and my xenon could use the 1.5x exp coupons too, so why not do it. ended up getting my book easily enough. and when the other option is the FM, well...

14. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

True enough; I suppose it's a waste of time to dwell on something that very well may not even be noticed. Still, we're all subjected to face the free market eventually if that is indeed the case.

I'll be as happy as can be when RED rolls around. That's for sure.

15. Default Re: Xenon Mystery Mastery Books only giving 30s

I'd say we need to get more data on this, because every class, except Xenon, has at least two one or two class specific Mystery Mastery Books, and as far as I've checked (I really only checked Hero and Phantom), both of them give both 20s and 30s. Xenon's the only class I've seen who has only one class specific MMB, and the only one I've seen that only gives 30s, currently.

Though, if it's any consolation, I know for sure the ones in the 10th anniversary shop give both 20s and 30s, and they only cost one coin each. But, I guess it doesn't really matter, by the time we get it, RED will have come and gone.

Class MMBs

Xenon AND Jett, apparently.

Also, the probabilities might not be accurate, I didn't want to really do all that, so I just took 1/(Number of Rewards), since they're usually, almost always, weighted equally.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i was repeating that last line in my brain while looking for my books in FM. luckily i managed to find most of the books i cared about (blade dance 20/30 and offensive matrix 30, got 20 from LHC)
    i'm seriously considering leaving MW for RED, at least MW30. still need to find mecha purge 20/30 and hypogram though, sigh.