Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: [KMST] KMST 1.2.482 Zero

1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

You should only need to hotkey 4 attacks for each Alpha and Beta.

2. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Watched the video of 175lvl Zero and lost all interest. I thought this class was supposed to be "dual play" but it seems like there's only 1 person being played through the whole video. It was such an good idea but they wasted it :(

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Thought so, thanks.

How would you have implemented dual play? Only other methods that come to mind are: using the same system, but with one as a mage and main stat being something new, or literally give you way too many skills that require you to use a number pad to be able to handle ll the skills. ?_? come too think of it the real issue with dual play is...if you were literally controlling two characters how would you move.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

So the IGN stays with Zero Alpha making Beta look like an overpowered android? Heck wait, even androids have the "android" under them.

They gotta fix that, I want 2 IGNS lol
    Last edited by byakugan; 2013-07-11 at 10:57 AM.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

2 IGNs would be a f'ucking nightmare for their querys. Stupid idea.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

If you have a query you'd just have to mention both IGNs and make note that's a Zero class. I don't see the naightmarish in it.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Database queries.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Really quite sure something would be bound to freak the f'uck out when handling that. It doesn't even accomplish anything. 2 characters in 1 isn't supposed to be taken literally...obviously there would be limitations in doing exactly that.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

You use first IGN as the key field or w.e in the character database. You use the second IGN below Beta for nothing else than for looks, like a medal tittle. I still don't see how that'd break anything.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I don't see the need to reconstruct their entire architecture just because of one class, and all for something that not only doesn't make them any money (database redesign is costly...), would cause conflicts in the future and increase maintenance, but also doesn't serve ANY purpose other than pushing the marketing point of "2 classes in 1!".

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Let me ask you something, why is there an option to give each pet a name when you get more than one?. It's the freaking same here. If anything it is more important here because we are talking about characters, not pets and you're supposed to see them as different individuals to control at the same time.

IDK why you keep brigging a database issue in this as if it'd be a gamebreaking or costy at all. They would, almost literally, have to copy/paste the same block of code used for naming pets and stick in Beta's code, while making Alpha's IGN work for all purposes required as they do in a normal character. Beta's ign would be just a tittle, only give hers a different color to make obvious which one is the main IGN.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Lol. Because they're different items. There is no conflict here.

Not gonna keep posting about this. If it were f'ucking easy they would have done it if they wanted to.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

This would cause issues regardless. the only thing that would limit this is forcing a prefix before the name which would limit you in character choice because of the 12 character naming system. Making the class let alone coding the prefix Alpha/Beta into the games would cause mor problems than it's worth.

The pets are items. There are more process running off of character name than off of your pets. Char names are no where near as cosmetic as they seem, everything else? Pretty cosmetic.

"IDK why you keep brigging a database issue in this as if it'd be a gamebreaking or costy at all. They would, almost literally, have to copy/paste the same block of code used for naming pets and stick in Beta's code, while making Alpha's IGN work for all purposes required as they do in a normal character. Beta's ign would be just a tittle, only give hers a different color to make obvious which one is the main IGN."

I don't code all that much but this would cause issues with adding to parties and expeditions, party search, and lag since the main problem of lag in this game is more text-based than anything. The coding wouldn't simply just fit in and you have to add extra parameters so that it doesn't flip the pineapple out and even then testing on a side server you STILL have margin for error when it goes live.

This. They said dual-character, that did not necessitate them doing a literal 2 class thing. 2 sets of skills that benefit you regardless of if you are alpha or beta sounds like more than enough for me. I know this is your opinion but implementing what you are asking is not cost-effective for them nor is it easily plausible.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Calling it a second IGN was definitely my mistake.

Let's define a character IGN as the name of the entinty which holds all the character-related information inside the database and serves as the keyfield for interaction between the character and the rest of the game processes. That's what makes it so hard to deal with an IGN.

Now lets say this name for Beta is nothing more than an aesthetic tittle which doesn't have any function in game, all the contrary to that of an IGN. No whispering, no adding to BL, no adding to parties, no name tag on items created in any way, just a tittle for the looks like with a pet, where its name doesn't hold any value in the processes that go behind to carry out its functions.

Anyway, I'm done with this. It's not like this is a must-add feature, I just don't get why peopel keep saying it would blow up the game.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

In that case, you are cementing the fact that Alpha is the character, and Beta is just a glorified summon/pet/familiar/android. If some person were to actually prefer to play the Beta as his main Zero, and only tag Alpha as needed, the name under the active character would not be the name by which you add him to party or whisper to him or w/e.
    At least the way Nexon has it, the name stays on the character that's currently being controlled by the player.

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Unless they are simply named FangBlade-α and FangBlade-β, I don't see how they can make "two IGNs" without blowing up the game. Sure they can go back and change a bunch of stuff to make it so you can have two IGNs, but that's most likely not worth the effort.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

The class has an interesting concept and I'm looking forward to actually trying it. The only thing that is off for me is the completing of chapters to get exp from the normal World.. won't knock it till I try it

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

The way you state it now it is entirely plausible. The reason the data would flip out is that you have two strings for the sime directory, and switching them as you had explained prior would have caused all the isses listed, and possibly more.

They could do this, the only question would be then if you'd go back to Alpha automatically when not fighting since that's the IGN you'd need to use if joining a party. Well that and how it would display if you were talking as Beta.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

Anyone know how you get that level 120 and level 140 set(#288+#289)?Just wondering because they have a sweet set effect!

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.482 Zero

#288 is the VL equivalent set for Zero, and #289 is the Empress equivalent. Well... I don't know if they are those or an equivalent.

Hadriel