1. Question Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I don't make threads here often.

So I've just logged into the maple website with my account(as I do, daily, even though I don't really play anymore), and I noticed that under the "play" button, instead of my main, I have a character which I've never made or seen before.

Here's what it looks like:
    Spoiler

As you can see, it's listed as my main character at the top, but it doesn't appear in any of my 5 characters(which I made myself) at the bottom. It also shows that my ACTUAL main is listed as my main, at the bottom with the red tag.
    There's no other worlds that come under the drop-down world menu, only Windia.

I haven't really played the game much this year, apart from logging in ~5 times, just to see what the game's like, or to get the HS hat and the SP chair. I've never ever been hacked before, ever since starting the game in '06, although this account was made in late '09.

I've also never shared my account info with anyone else. I also pretty much use the same password for everything though.
    So if I'm getting keylogged, I guess there's not really any point in changing my password?
    I guess I'll run my antivirus and patch the game and login to see what's going on.

I'm hoping that this is just some glitch, it's weird though, if I got hacked, why are all my characters still here?(Unless they've been deleted, and the rankings haven't updated yet?) And why hasn't my password been changed?

2. Default Re: Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

Something similar happened to me the other day, someone's character appeared as my main character. I checked under 'My Characters' or whatever its called and my I/L Arch Mage was still listed as my main. A few hours later, it reverted back to the way it was before. It's likely a glitch, I wouldn't be worried.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

My friend had this problem. He logged on to see the guy not there so it could be a glitch.

4. Default Re: Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm still patching, and will check anyway. Didn't think glitches would be like this.

5. Default Re: Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

You're not getting hacked. It's just the rankings being glitchy.

6. Default Re: Am I Getting Hacked/Have I Been Hacked?

Okay, that's good to hear.
    /thread I guess.