Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

Nope, I mean.
    10 years?
    That's REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY a lot time.
    There's no way someone can stay sane wiith only those things, even with all of them.
    Sure the first 2 3 years will be cool. But then...
    You'll get sadness/loneliness/curiosity to go out.
    No man at least I can't do this even if they pay me 100mil.

2. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

The consoles + video games is a waste of points sine PC + Internet can do more (download video games + internet access)

However, I'm surprised many ppl are choosing Internet over Girl/Guy. You guys just gonna masterbate for 10 years? Not even a puppy/kitty to keep you company?

3. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

That's why I'm bringing a partner, at least someone to talk with. You'd go crazy with no human interaction after some time. Also the reason for the skylight, not sunlight increases your depression.

4. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: NPhantomN
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ISoSage
    Farm: netanel
    israel

Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

being alone for 10 years in a closed basement can be much worse.people can get insane of some months alone without speaking to anyone.
    if you will be alone 10 years,im pretty sure you won't make it and try suicide.
    you must at least have someone else to speak to.talking to strangers on the internet is not a replacement for actual humans speak.
    OT:the whole point of this,is to check what are the possibilities for each thing you take
    girl-18(look up^)
    kitchen-6 (if its all ingredients,its should also include juices since some recipes uses them)
    workshop-2 (with this and the library,you should be able to build the computer yourself+get any electrical device ever,even a pirated internet)
    library-4(if its all documents ever published,its should also include news and mail)and think about all the information it holds,with this and tools,you can basically make almost anything.
    garden-2 (will also provide sun light)
    gym-5
    med support-3.
    so when im finishing those 10 years,im already a cook,an engineer,a gardener,a millionaire,fit guy,healthy and married if the girl have something more than just looks. you are basically tony stark.
    35 points. challenge accomplished

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Um..you can still talk to people on the internet.

6. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: NPhantomN
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ISoSage
    Farm: netanel
    israel

means anything to you? @Corn

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

You can still talk to people you know in real life on the internet. Hell you can even see their faces.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Internet interactons are not the same as real life's. Not right now.
    And I know what I'm talking about, 4 years ago I only had like 3 friends and my gf, but I had dozens of internet friends.
    While it was good I still had the same empty feeling within myself, like I was missing something. You can argue a lot about how most of the times people on the internet can be more friends with you that your aqcuaintances and I'll agree with you, but it just doesn't cut it when you have some real problems. Sure your internet friends can cheer you up but soon or later you'll realize that you're in the exact same cold room doing the exact same things everyday all by yourself.

9. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

- Girl (18/40)
    - Kitchen (24/40)
    - Garden (26/40) (Skylight if no natural light is provided)
    - Library (30/40) (provided it's updated, hopefully with newspapers too)
    - Hygiene (33/40)
    - Medical care (36/40)
    - Workshop (38/40)

That leaves $2m. With the library and workshop I can easily build stuff myself, like workout equipment or musical instruments. Healthy food, all the information ever, plenty of time wasters and not going crazy because I have company. The only thing I'd like would be communication with the outside world.

10. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

Kitchen - 6
    Medical care - 2
    TV and Movies - 4
    Cell phone - 3
    Music - 4
    Garden - 2
    Skylight - 2
    Gym - 5
    Total - 28

Doesn't seem like a bad life to me. Become master chef, get ripped, listen to music, watch shows, and call friends once in a while.

11. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

why is chick-fil-a +1 point, it's not that great. Anyway,
    reduce to $5M for 35pts since I could live on that forever anyway
    14-internet
    9-chef
    3-bathtub and stuff
    4-PC
    1-drinks
    4-library

The PC and internet means you also get all movies, TV, music and games ever made aside from nonemulatables like current gen, and I don't bother with current gen for a while anyway so no big deal!

By the way, can I forfeit the money and just live in this dreamland forever? I get free internet, top class food and shelter, I don't want to leave.
    edit: hey, I bet if I got the gun I could shoot them when they try to make me leave! ITS THE PERFECT PLAN

12. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

35 points for 5 million dollars and my reasons why.

Kitchen - 6
    -I needed to learn how to cook some other kinds of meals.

Skylight - 2
    -Natural sunlight is important for your body.

Internet - 14
    -I don't watch tv, and besides. They never said you couldn't torrent did they? And skype? Easily talk to my girlfriend too, and videochat because what's the best computer in the world w/o a input/output or a mic accessory?

Computer - 4
    -Best PC? Steam? All the games? Please, I just found time to burn.

Games - 4
    -Above PS: Support your publishers. I'm assuming they pay for everything. >:S

Doctor - 2
    -Need to be healthy. You can get sick and things do go wrong.

Hygiene products - 3
    -Gotta bathe too... nasty f'ucks.

35 points for 5 million dollars. Hella easy. 10/10 would do again.

13. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

remind me to lock you in a basement next time you greentext on IRC

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Skype lets me video chat with my friends around the country and my family out of state. Pretty sure I would be alright.

15. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

If all else fails you can talk to your doctor.
    And pineapple them if you are so inclined.

16. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

It is stil no the same.
    I was in the exact same situation. Hell I even "watched" movies online with some friends. We used to buffer it and then press play at the same time to "pretend" we were all watching it.
    Oh and sometimes I fell asleep in the middle of skype calls and when I woke up some friends were still in the call (and asleep too as I can hear them snoring, and sometimes their moms woke me up by yelling at them).
    Those were good times, I don't regret them. But anyhow I still felt like I was missing something.
    Sure you can say I'm biased from my experiences and yes I am. But there's no way I'm going to do the same thing again not even if they pay me 10mil and give me all that I wanted for free.
    It took me 3 years (from 16 to 19) to realize I wasn't going anywhere, and I do believe it's everyones job to realize that, I just can't let you convice otherwise because it is you not me.

17. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

Implying no one on reddit does that?

Where is my kappa face from twitch when I need it.

18. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

No musical instruments? :(

6 kitchen
    5 workout room
    1 pool table
    2 garden
    2 skylight
    4 music system
    3 hygiene products
    4 library
    3 camera

30!

19. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

IRC : a place that is not Reddit :(

20. Default Re: [Post from Reddit] You're in a basement for 10 years and you have 30 points to sp

Why is Barry Bonds a choice...? And for 7 points? dafuq...?

Fast Food - 4
    Computer - 4
    Games - 4
    Internet - 14
    Consoles - 5

31 points, so $9mil