Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Alert] Girasol Has Withdrawn

1. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Well dayum i find these news really out of the blue and don't know what else to say good luck girasol.

2. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

I agree at @above. I really don't know what to say. I mean yes, I wish Girasol the best of luck, but this came out of nowhere.
    She seemed very excited this morning with the whole Marvel Machine event. :s

3. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Man this just pisses me off. Expect an angry dome thread about this tomorrow morning.

4. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Yikes. Yeah, that was sudden. Even I'm curious about what happened.

5. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Yeah, sad news, and it seems pretty sudden. She'll definitely be missed. Hopefully she does well in whatever she pursues next.

6. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

What the...

Well at least Girasol doesn't have to deal with all of Nexon's problems any more.

7. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Girasol gave me hope for Nexon.

NOT ANYMORE YA pineappleERS, NEXON AMERICA IS GONNA CRASH AND BURN JUST LIKE KMS IS. You did something to make your best employee leave...or she was just too good and set the standard too high and Nexon felt incompetent in comparison.

Once again, Girasol if you read this, I'd like to thank you personally for helping get my friend Attent unbanned, I know both he and I are extremely thankful for all the community work you've put in as well as having input with how things were run.

8. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

There was a Marvel Machine fiasco?

I'll miss Girasol, even though I haven't been back with the community for a while, I came here and saw Girasol's posts and was genuinely surprised at how much a GM was interacting with the community, and not just PR talk doublespeak stuff, genuinely taking player feedback, and reassuring us about things, I've been playing this game practically since it launched, and Nexon never had PR like that before. Girasol did a genuinely fantastic job.

PS Girasol: Try ArenaNet, I'd love to still have your awesome work around in the other game I play ;P

9. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

The sudden and quiet shelving of the "2X Marvel" was something I thought I'd see Girasol comment on, I was surprised I didn't but I guess I now know why. Even though we have word that she left on her own, many of us, including myself have conjectured something more sinister, in-line with what we have (unfortunately) come to expect from Nexon, whether fair or not.

In my mind, I have a romanticized version of the events where, long-story-short, Girasol stood up one more time for us and was shown the door as a result.

Is it naive and misinformed? Probably. Hero-worship? Borderline. But it is both a testament to Girasol and a stain on Nexon that in her short time with us here at Southperry, we have come to associate all positive aspects of customer service and community involvement with Girasol while reviling the greed and incompetency of the company that employed her, completely seeing the two entities as separate. I'd hope lessons were learned, but you never know, and when people are that skeptical of your company, that is a problem.

Thank you Girasol for all your assistance, knowledgeable responses and attempts to help the community through the search for answers or implementation of better gameplay. Most of all, thank you for letting us know that someone was reading what we wrote; that Southperry isn't simply a basement of chinchillas, but a forum where many of its squeaks were attended to by an anthropomorphic flower. A damn fine anthropomorphic flower.

10. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

What the actual pineapple? That came from nowhere.

I feel completely blindsided right now. She was all eager, cheerful, and helpful through the rough, post-Unleashed patch phase and then she's gone?

Anyone get in touch with Waltzing? What the hell Nexon America.

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Nexon's being shady and everyone with the least bit of sense can tell

12. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

I'm sensing a pattern here... All the good employees disappear.. It could only mea-- *gets pulled into the shadows*

13. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

No! Not another!

14. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

So Girasol acted without the total insight of the Nexon bigshots and got to reap the reward for being for us rather than them, or at least in between? A sad day for South Perry, Nexon and MapleStory indeed.

15. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Imma be pissed if Nexon works on Marvel Machine and turns it into total shit.

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It had nothing to do with nexon or maplestory. Relax.

17. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

Lol.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I have read where she said it has nothing to do with MapleStory or the team. I have not seen her absolve Nexon.

This is a huge loss to the community, to the game, and to Nexon.
    Girasol was the face of the "new Nexon", the one that treats the game and the community as something other than trash to squeeze for profits.
    If Nexon is at fault for her leaving, either directly or indirectly, they will be paying heavily for that mistake.

Girasol, thank you for everything, and good luck with whatever you do next.

19. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

I'd like to think a better company saw her ability to work with the community and snatched her up. She was the best nexon employee I've known and i'll be quite sad if someone with similar passion does not take her place.

@Girasol Good luck and best wishes. All the best in your future career. <3

20. Default Re: Girasol Has Withdrawn

I wake up from my nap to THIS??? Guess I need to update my signature again....sigh.

Girasol, you will be sorely missed. Your interactions with the community gave me hope for the future of Nexon NA. The transparency you gave us is something that any company should aspire to have.

=[[[[[[[[[[
    Last edited by FallenMemory; 2013-07-04 at 05:14 AM.