Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them)?

I think I've shared my story before, but I'll do it again just for the sake of the thread.

"Chrome" is my longest standing and most used ID so far, though I'd pretty much stopped using it about two or three years ago. I got the name from playing an Initial D flash game, where I had registered the ID "ChromeAce" with the website. I tried to use the same name when registering an account at a forum called OnRPG, but it was taken, so ChromeAce turned into ChromeForce. After OnRPG switched domains, I re-registered as xChrome. This all happened around 2005-2006. I had also registered for Sleepywood in 2005 as just Chrome. Since then I had been using some variation of "Chrome" as an ID everywhere--S4 League, Gunz, Dragonica, Steam, etc.

"Illogic"/"iLLogic" is another one. I don't use it nearly as much as any of my other IDs, but people sort of still recognize me by that name. I came up with it as my Starcraft II tag and it ended up spreading into S4, TF2, etc. I haven't really used it since then, but I figure it's significant enough to mention.

"Dropship" is one that I only ever used for S4 and ESEA/ESL when I played in S4/TF2 tournaments there. I was a reasonably recognized figure within the S4 community, so that's the only reason this one is kind of important.

"Boneface"/"BFCE" is probably the second most significant ID that I have going for me right now, with BFCE being an abbreviation for Boneface--I mostly use BFCE nowadays. I coined this when I started having weird recurring dreams in 2010/2011 with a character that I called "Boneface" appearing in all of them. "Boneface" started to replace "Chrome" around 2010, and it became the character that I stuck with when I played S4, though I later changed that character's name to Dropship. The name has really stuck, partly because it has some personal value to me, but mostly because I can look at it every day without it really seeming tired. I'm mostly known as BFCE whenever I register anywhere now.

Also, all of the various IDs/IGNs I can remember ever using, just for fun. I'll try to put this in chronological order.

Hope this turns out to be an interesting topic. Looking forward to reading some of your stories.
    Last edited by chrome; 2013-07-17 at 12:45 PM.

2. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

"Loose" - Started out as "Loose_Wire". I was young and it sounded pretty damn awesome, sounded like some underground, hip-hop rapstar. Then I grew up and removed the "_Wire" because the low score looked ugly. Sometimes it had a 24 attached to it, because it's my favorite number, but not anymore. pineapple numbers on my username/IGN.

"Chavez" - It's my last name and damn proud of it. Sometimes I also include my other last name, "ChavezOrnelas".

"Xaevius" - Starting to use it if either "Chavez" or "Loose" is taken. Friends and I came up with Spartacus names for each other, mine is kind of a mix of my middle name (Javier) and my last name (Chavez), but mixed some letters in there to make it look more badass.

3. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

I use Words as username on pretty much every site I'm registered at. Most of my IGNs are Words too, that way people can recognize me.
    There's no great story behind it, just a big lack of creativity. I think it started when I made this account, I'm really bad with usernames/IGNs and I just thought "well, a username is just a word or two so... Words". Later on I discovered I actually really like words, how they work and that kind of stuff, but sadly it isn't why I chose this username... would've been a better story.
    I don't use other usernames that often, unless I want to feel some "anonymity".

4. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

Death, ZeroGravity (My previous name on here), Venom.

I don't have a lot of imagination so I guess there's not that much behind it.

Death:
    Why? because I simply like the black/red theme. and hiding that i'm actually an extremely sensetive guy.. );

ZeroGravity:
    I can't remember where this came from, I always liked the name Zero but it was always taken so I just used
    ZeroGravity instead after I heard about this sonic game. The reason I liked Zero itself because to me it meant you're not
    above or below someone. you're equal. Far fetched, I know but whatever. (No, didn't came from Megaman).

Venom:
    My favorite marvel character by far. He's on my background, my firefox theme and username for quite a few forums including StarBound.
    He's just to awesome not to like.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

In MapleStory, and its fan sites, I'm "SaptaZapta".
    It literally means something like "Granny Punch", and is the name of a comical character from a long-ago Israeli TV show. She is a little old lady who beats up muggers with her purse. I thought it was appropriate, when I started playing a "children's game" at age 43. (And that was before Pirates, so using a brawler-type name for a different kind of melee char was not that bad)

As for other names - uh, no. I use different IDs for different hobbies/interests, and the whole purpose is to keep them separate. Listing them here would rather defeat that purpose.

6. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

DeanNim

Spoiler

funnily enough, i started using the 'nim' suffix way before i got into kpop :x

nmsharhan

well my full name is nor muhammad sharhan, so yeah.

7. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

SoR0XaS- Sora + RoxaS. Mainly for Maple stuff. I was out of ideas at that time, and I liked Kingdom Hearts, so I decided, hmm, why not?
    G33KAT70N- anything related to League. At that time, I kinda plagarized from my friend's username >.> (-tron)
    L- my pen name in FanFiction when I review stuff.

8. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

Robotic Anxiety
    When I first started being serious about online communities - I'm pretty sure Steam was the first place I used this handle - I wanted something 'impossible' as a name. I immediately went to robots, and how they aren't supposed to have the ability to 'feel'. I didn't want to have something like 'Robotic Sadness', so I ended up going with Anxiety. People still ask me about it because it seems completely random.

Jedward
    In the book Microserfs by Douglas Coupland, the main character has a younger brother named Jed, who died when they were kids. I identified strongly with this character and how he felt that his younger brother always surpassed him, even from beyond the grave. Jed was too short for a lot of sites so I thought to expand it to Jedward as a silly composition of 'Jed' and 'Edward'. I was not aware of this at the time.

Eggelent
    Egg Venture is an arcade game from the 90s that I heard about on a videogame podcast that I listen to. It has some really bad egg puns, like.. well.. 'eggelent'. (It's "egg" and "excellent", by the way.)

Check the border:

9. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

Mazz/mazz33:
    When I was 11 my group of friends decided our names were boring so we added zs to them. Then when I started school I somehow ended up telling that story and since then pretty much everyone (at least, a lot of my close friends anyway) has called me Mazz. My first ever forum account (Neoseeker) is 'mazz33', I think Mazz was taken so I added some numbers. My first MapleStory character was mazz33 too.

Skylit:
    I used this for a little while, my S4 League username was 'Skylit.' and I signed up to a few gaming forums with that username, I didn't use it much though. I just like the way the word looks/sounds.

Subception:
    This is probably my most common online username now, I use it for pretty much everything I sign up for if it isn't already taken. It's a cool word and it's almost always available to use. I came up with it brainstorming for an XBox Live username with my friend on MSN. I never even bought an XBox so he used Subception himself xD

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (them

Razmos: Completely random. No idea why or how I thought of this name, I just did. I used to make account names with Z's in quite a lot, so that might have something to do with it.

Ayrtonius My friend started calling me this, my middle name is Ayrton, she expanded it to Ayrtonius, saying it sounds like a knights name. Thus Sir. Ayrtonius was born.

11. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

mar5hma110n - I liked this monster from Yu-Gi-Oh, most of my login IDs for stuffs are usually this, even my 1st maple character ign was that.

holycow - It just popped out of my mind like, HOLY COW ! instead of wtp. Thought it was a pretty fun name to use... so ya.

12. Default What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

I like to use my actual name online for the most part. I like to think that it makes it easier for people to get to know me. Recently, I've started using the name 'ChosenFruit' as an alternative because I found it fitting. My name is Magdiel, and a quick Google search tells you that the definition of the name is 'Chosen fruit of God'. I'm not very religious , so I cut it short to 'ChosenFruit', and there ya have it.

13. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

anthoy84 - Literally just a misspelling of my own name, with a random number added onto it. I liked how it sounded. I was also 7 or 8 at the time.

CakesXD - Started with my very good friend, when both of us were sucked into the MMORPG 2Moons (formerly run by Acclaim, now run by NexonEU under the name Dekaron Global). We both needed IGNs, and he suggested matching names. He was Cookies, I was Cakes. If the names were already taken, we'd just add an "XD" to it, and a username was born. I also take Cupcakes/CupcakesXD if Cakes is not available.

P.S. Thank you NexonEU for the enormous security leak, causing me to be hacked and lose all faith in that game. Acclaim never failed that hard.

CelestialRoar/VoltBolt - Both are moves known by Pokemon in the TCG. Only for Pokemon Battling Simulators, but who knows? I really like how both of these sound.

14. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

'Tis my name.

15. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

Oh this is fun!

Merc4hire- I played an RTS called generals zero hour, and I was ALWAYS a supportive type of player. I always could give the right instructions to win a seemingly lost fight. For example, I direct the angle of attack, distractions, and when to properly strike in a unified formation. So peopel jokingly would say they hired me to win their games for them, I liked the name "mer-K" and everyone referred to me as that, even in maplestory.

Thiefs1honor- I originally had ThievesHonor/Thieves1honor, but I lost access to the beta account, it was a direct contradiction, the thief only has one honor, an honor to himself. That was my main character for at least 3 years in bera.

Vindictive- My original ID, the combo of Generals zero hour's highly competitive vulgar atmosphere with maplestory's drowning of cynical sarcasm, made me not only hate majority of the posters on basilmarket, but could not believe how stupid they were. Once I got a feel of the general rules and the bounderies, I managed to bring both atmosphers together to piss a lot of people off. But basil decided that "vague interpretations" are grounds for week long, unnecessary sentences. So I left after I quit my chief bandit.

Fast forward a year;

SmileForMe

I got the untradeable smiling mask from gach, and I adored it. I eventually forked up enough money to buy a legit Khaini one for 3b back when mesos' had value. I decided to take a more mature approach and be a lot less hostile, though I became a lot more snappy. I also began getting rep in khaini for being the strongest DRk (At one point reached it) and smega's of course.

Khainiwest

After smileforme was deleted for calling someone's video worthless, I was discussing with a friend (lizz) about a new user name. At the time I was kind of the rep of khaini in omok, so we were trying to world play the "Khain-i", where she said KAN-YE. And it was born. This is the username I go by for majority of forums.

Character Ign's, I really like Obelisk, and Valkyrie.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

ClawofBeta. Was trying to think of Maplestory IGNs when I was little and I was making an Assassin. It was also Beta. So ClawofBeta it is.

It only changed to Corn because some plantains are like ClawofBeta >>> CoB >>> Corn on the Cob >>> Corn. So hence Corn.

17. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

Chewacala:
    It's just a conjuction of Chewbacca and wacala, wacala it's just an expression of disgust in spanish like "yuck". So it would literally be chewyucka in english.

Chew:
    Pretty obvious; too many people started calling me Chew, and I stick with it.

DiegoXP: A loooooooooooooooong time ago, my brother and I used to play A LOT of Age of Empires II, we used to participate in some local tournaments and his nick name was AttariXP for those. And me well, being a 9 year old with no imagination for nicknames at the time.. just called me DiegoXP.

MrToastMan:

18. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

mmochi - I was a kid and liked mochi. Someone took the IGN so I did the next...uh.. logical thing and added another m. I used this username on SP for a little while.

Zelkova - I was working on a project with someone who had recieved a few DMCA's and wanted a "code name". I liked .hack and chose Zelkova for my nickname. (Plus I love the letter Z)

★ - I used this name after my SP username Zelkova was banned for something silly. After Zelkova was unbanned I stopped using old 5 star.

ImZelkova - I use this username if Zelkova is taken. I chose it not as a statement of me being "Zelkova" but more after the quote

"When asked about who he is offline, he merely replies "I'm Zelkova.""
    Sauce - http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Zelkova#Offline

19. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

Spadow

When I was a little kid I read the comics of Spawn and even saw the live action movie of Spawn.
    I was fascinated by this character.

Spawn

After that I met the interwebz. I learnt that an alias was required on most of the community boards and in games.
    So I thought about Spawn but that's not unique since it already exists. So I removed 'wn' and added 'dow' and Spadow was born.

My very own unique alias.

20. Default Re: What is (are) your most used Internet ID(s) and how did you come up with it (th

I could've sworn it would be "Spade" + "Shadow". Thought your ID was SpadeShadow at some point, haha.