Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

"Q. Characters will not be deleted after the world merge, right?
    A. Even if you have a lot of characters, none of them will be deleted. You can have a maximum of 96 characters."

So, there you have it. Character slots are now on equal ground as inventory slots in JMS.

B> This in GMS as well.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

make ALL the classes!

...and subjobs.

3. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Jeez. Who honestly needs 96 character slots unless you plan to make one of every single type of character.

4. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

You know... Thinking about this, I wonder if, since the character slot limit is 96 now on JMS, will my character slots from the other worlds be transferred as well and not just characters? I don't think I have full character slots in each of the worlds, except Keyaki. If they keep the free character slots for us, I'll have around 72 total character slots. I'm guessing this is why they expanded the cap.

5. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

... multiple times.

As far as wanting an increase on max character slots.. 96 seems overkill unless they literally move everything onto a single server. Can't really complain though, an increase is an increase.

6. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

When kMS did their first server merge, they increased max character slots to 30, but if you had more than 30 characters across all the merged servers, you'd retain them all, but you couldn't make any more characters unless you deleted until you were under 30 characters, it might actually be like that.

7. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Wait a second. If it's 4 worlds merged, the thing is that you can enter from each server, and each server has its own slots. And since the maximum is 24... 24x4 is 96. I guess they just mean each character will still fit, but with the server limitations between them.

8. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

How many do we have total? 15 Explorers, 6 Cygnus, 5 Heroes, 4 Resistance, 2 Nova, 2 Sengoku, 2 Demons, 1 God/Goddess = 37?

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

As if I'm going to spend more money on character slots.
    It'll be a while until hot time/events give as much slots to fill it all up.

10. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

60 cannoneer mules, yes please.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

hrrrmmm...

hero
    paladin
    dark knight

I/L
    F/P
    Bishop

Bowmaster
    Marksman

Night Lord
    Shadower
    Dual BLade

Viper
    Corsair
    Canonneer
    Jett

Cygnus warrior
    Cygnus mage
    Cygnus archer
    Cygnus thief
    Cygnus pirate
    Cygnus Mihile

Aran
    Evan
    Mercedes
    Phantom
    Luminous

Mech
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Avenger
    Wild hunter
    Battle mage
    Xenon

Kanna
    Hayato

and i'mma assume god you mean Zero, right?

if that's the case, yea, 37 seems to be the number.

12. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Now, if we could organize our characters the way we want, that would be awesome.

Mains in the front, mules to the end.
    Last edited by EmpireSun; 2013-07-03 at 07:18 AM.

13. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

They didn't really specify. They just said, "You can have up to 96 at maximum."

From their wording, I don't think they're doing a KMS/GMS way of world merging. Considering the new "server" will be renamed to Azusa instead of a weird combination of the other servers' names, it's assumed they're literally merging them into one.

14. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Which is what KMS did with Union and Enosis earlier this year, which is when they increased the character slots to 30 and stuff. That's kinda why I think you won't actually be able to create up to 96 characters, even if you can have 96 characters.

15. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Jeez, Theres only ~46 Somewhat unique classes, Talk about excessive

Spoiler

16. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

What about choosing between shield and secondary weapon?

17. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

At least you can stack link skills on all 46 at the same time now...

18. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

Well.. INT based Kanna and then a Health based Kanna... and then a half&half kanna... yep... I can see getting maybe 60 characters lol.

19. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

I'm 85% sure this is what they mean, I doubt they're going to allow you to buy 96 character slots. It's more of a "Don't worry, because your account CAN hold the characters, they won't be deleted"

So the only way you'll have 96 characters is if you have 24 on each server already.

20. Default Re: Is 24 character slots a lot? Check this out.

It is indeed one single server.

IAmFear-Steve got it right. They put all characters and storage capacities together, so long as you have those slots filled. If you didn't have them filled, you don't get any empty slots from the merge. If you delete a character or remove an item from the storage, you will lose that slot (unless you meet the maximum number of slots you've purchased or been given for free via events).

I deleted one of my characters, since I now have (well, had) 29 characters in Azusa, due to all of the name holders I have. I lost the slot entirely, with the deletion of the character. I do not know, however, if I were to delete all of them if I would receive any slots past my initial 18 that I had before the merge.

This makes me curious. When a new class comes out and someone with all 96 character slots held wants to make that new class, what would happen? Obviously, they would not be given a free character slot, due to the fact that they're past the limit already, so what would they have to do? Delete 73 characters in order to make that new class?