Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Most emotional anime you ever watched?

What would you guys say is the most emotional (as in, crying) anime you ever saw?
    For me, it would be Inu X Boku SS. That anime had many emotional moments throughout it.

2. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Grave of the Fireflies.

You're welcome.

3. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: EastTimor
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 201
    Job: All of them
    Guild: Faith
    Alliance: Solace
    Farm: Travel
    canada

Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

that made me feel like i was hit in the heart with a bag of cement.

Hard Mode: watch the first 5 mins over again after you're finished for extra sadness

4. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Should we ban Clannad? I think it might come up a lot.

A movie actually, but here's my pick (it's also a very typical one): 秒速5センチメートル (5 Centimeters per Second)

It brought me way closer to crying than Clannad After Story did.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

too late, clannad it is for me (and there's also elfen lied, first anime i watched on a computer)

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

gonna go through myanimelist and list anime that either made me cry or almost did brb

Clannad (early stages in anime, shed a short tear thats about it)
    Props to Clannad: Tomoyo After(VN not anime) for legitimately making me cry(recently beat pc version)
    EF: Tales of series got me emotional, no tears
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien(Rumbling Hearts) got too real for me. inner tears but no outer tears
    Nagasarete Airantou made me cry for how bad it was
    First Shippuden movie made me cry tears of joy in the first scene because naruto was dead
    Pokemon: MOFO BUTTERFREE EPISODE. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE IM TALKING ABOUT
    Sora No Woto gave me a weird tear which I cannot really explain. Must have been Amazing Grace
    Wolf Children almost got me. held it in.

7. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Came into the thread to say this.

8. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Elfin Lied

Episode 8

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Your lack of FMA: Brotherhood disturbs me Southperry...
    Well I actually like that A LOT because it was one of the few animes where I could feel all the emotions just like the character does.

10. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Kotoura-san (The first half definitely; not so much the second half.)
    Kobato
    Angel Beats (Graduation.)
    Also everything else that everyone has said.

And, while not anime, the Japanese drama "One Liter of Tears." Eleven 1-hour episodes of heart wrenching agony. Just wanted to throw that out there.

11. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

The first FMA was much more touching to me actually, although maybe that's just because it also has Bratja and I can never listen to it without having my eyes water by the end of it.

Talking about anime- there's not many anime series that make me emotional on a whole so I'll be giving some honourable mentions. Fate/Zero did this pretty well in my opinion, even characters like Caster actually made me feel sad at the end of his story but Kariya's ending and entire story is pretty much one of the biggest emotional kickers in the gut I've ever had with a fictional story, it might not have made me weep buckets but the execution of it was tragic and bone-deep chilling considering the consequences that his actions had on Sakura's life.

Then there's Gintama. For a comedy series it has many moments that are very emotional, which is understandable since one of the themes of the series is about having a family and a place to belong. There's just too many of them to pick one as my favourite but one of the very best has to stem from the Mitsuba arc, which is a short arc about Sougo Mitsuba visiting her little brother Sougo Okita. Yes, it's that Okita who's based off Souji Okita in real life so you can probably see where this is going, except it's the sister that has TB instead.

This is pretty much that one arc that does get me emotional (...you know, like every other fan of the series) because it deals with the issue of separation, moving on and also death. For it being a short arc it's a very intense one because of the severe conflict it causes between the key characters of the arc (Shinsengumi, specifically Okita, Hijikata and Kondo) as they're forced to consider between duty and a dying woman's happiness, along with the reason that they left their village (And her by extension) to become what they are now. There's a very good reason why this is famously known as the Mitsubawww arc as the number of fans that can watch it without having sand gets in their eyes is probably vanishingly low.

12. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Pokémon.
    The emotional moments are few and rare and i've only watched the first 6 'seasons'.

But there are a lot of scenes in it that tear me up, this is one of them:
    Spoiler

Not the most emotional, but still.

13. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I WENT AND WATCHED THAT MOVIE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND NOW I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU.

;_;

... Also this.

14. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Ano Hana. All of my tears.

15. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Any episode where Ash gives up a Pokemon he actually cares about, like Butterfree or Charizard.
    Not gonna lie those episodes made me tear up more than a lot of other anime I've watched. It's not overly dramatic or tragic, which isn't a bad thing, but sometimes simple emotions just hit you the most. ;_;

Looking @ you, Studio Ghibli.

16. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: NPhantomN
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ISoSage
    Farm: netanel
    israel

didnt watched many anime in my life but i can tell:
    pokemon the first movie.where the they fight the clones and ash turning into a rock...
    and also when he left some pokemons after they were in his team.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

18. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Air
    Angel beats (well the ending.. )

Agh, I might be back to finish this bus leaves in 5..

19. Default Re: Most emotional anime you ever watched?

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood did it for me...Pokemon the First movie as well, when Ash runs between Mewtwo and Mew's blasts and gets turned to stone. Heck, even the first episode with the Spearow was really emotional. One Piece, Nami's betrayal by Arlong and she stabs her tattoo tying her to him, and Luffy grabs her arm. When Luffy saved Robin when all she wanted to do was die, during the Alabasta arc. TOO MANY AMAZING MOMENTS! Anyhow, those are a few.

OH, I almost forgot. Sola! That was really sad, argh.

Edit: Chrono Crusade! FFFFFF