Thread: [Magician] FP Training past level 200.

1. Default FP Training past level 200.

Hi All,

It has been a long time since I fully trained my FP mage, so naturally, the way FP mage works now has completely changed since I hit 200 more then 4 years ago.

I have done some training and hit Level 201, but at a much slower pace then what other chars are leveling.

Now currently I have about 40k range ~ 81% int which gives me about 2500 INT. (Slowly upgrading these equips since I came back)

The way I have been training the last few days is that I have been misting the platform ~> use mist eruption ~> mist again ~> use paralyze until mist eruption cools down, and then mist eruption again.

There has been a few times where the party has complained this is slow, and also I have noticed it as well that it is probably not getting me the fastest exp.

How do other FP mages train now, especially at the Twilight Perion: Warrior grounds map.

Improving my equips I know will help ~ as I can only do about 700k max with Mist Eruption and 250k with paralyze, but I'm wanting to know is there anything I'm missing with the changes to how FP mage's train? (All it used to be was spamming meteor until I hit 200.)

2. Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

doesn't mist eruption deal more damage the more DoT effects the enemy is under?

3. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

Absolutely. Mist Eruption can utilize up to 5 stacked dots to multiply its damage considerably. At this point, if you're only training with Paralyze + Mist + Eruption, you're severely under-utilizing your F/P. I've not tried future perion yet but I suggest to always stack 5 dots before exploding if you cannot kill a monster in a few hits.

4. Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

My thought's behind not using all the DOT skills because that takes a while to cast them all, where as I can use mist eruption every 5 seconds, wouldn't that add up to more DPS then stacking DOT skills on mobs? If I have to do that I would be killing at an even slower rate which isn't good for training with a party. Solo it might be viable, but who wants to do that until level 250?

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

The best DPM/DPS you can get is with stacking all 5 dot skills on a monster before Erupting a Mist on it. But I guess it depends how many hits you can kill it in, so you wouldn't want to waste time overkilling. If the monster has lots of HP, like say 50 mil, your best bet is to use all 5 dots to explode a slew of them than it is to only use a few dots to explode.

6. Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

Thanks. I have been playing with using all the DOT stacking the last few days, which has helped. Damage with mist explosion goes up to about 1.6m with 50 - 60k range. However training like that is still slow, I was only managing about 6-7% per hour with 2x at level 201. (about 260m exp)

7. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: NPhantomN
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ISoSage
    Farm: netanel
    israel

thats training past 200 for you (and everyone which is not stupidly OP (im looking at you kaisers and DBs) or insanly funded (hitting 3m each hit on snipe)

8. Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

I borrowed a friends equips earlier on ~ training increased to about 33% an hour with 2x. What a massive difference having a full set of decent equips make.

9. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: NPhantomN
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ISoSage
    Farm: netanel
    israel

to what range exactly those equips boosted you up? because of your EXP gaining rate,its sounds like the boosted you to about 100k range+
    oh and by the way,where do you train? future perion or HoH?

10. Default Re: FP Training past level 200.

The equips boosted my range up to about 130k, from 50k ish with my normal current equips. I train at Future Perion, as that is the only place worth training at. I find HoH is too slow. There is no way could get that kind of exp at HoH.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

rip ulti-spamming

Oh how I miss it.

I really don't know how F/P's train, but I think stacking 5 DoT's is the best route.

There's a nice f/p in these forums, but I don't remember his ID. Hopefully he can help you. I'll report back if I see him.