1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

After much delay, it will (hopefully) finally happen.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/06/supreme-court-rule-doma-prop-8/66573/]Link

I am incredibly on edge about this. Please make the right choice, guys (and it should be obvious which side I'm on here).

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Fingers are crossed

3. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

After that whole deflect with the voting requirements, I wish I could say this should be a clean sweep

4. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

i am excite

c'mon now, do the right thing~

EDIT: yayyyyy happy day today c:
    Last edited by Pink Bean; 2013-06-26 at 09:57 AM.

5. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

The countdown to @FrozNlite; player days.

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

"DOMA has been struck down.
    5-4:DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the equal liberty of persons that is protected by the Fifth Amendment."

http://www.scotusblog.com/

OH MY GOD.

so much joy right now

7. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Prop. 8 is also down for the count!

This has been a wonderful few days in America. So much progress!

@FrozNlite, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

9. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Trying to explain to all the men he said "Of course I love you, and would love to marry you, but we can't right now."

10. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Definitely one of the peak points in my lifetime so far.

11. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Truly one big leap for America.

12. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

I have not read today's daily paper, so I'm kinda confused here. Anyone mind telling me what's DOMA and Prop. 8?
    Edit: Is DOMA basically no gay/lesbian marriage?
    Last edited by SoR0XaS; 2013-06-26 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Questions

13. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) basically defines marriage as being between a man and a woman only and denies same-sex couples the same rights as a heterosexual married couple. Prop. 8 bans same-sex marriage in California.

That's been my take on it, anyway.

14. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

So basically, DOMA discourages same sex marriages in the US while Prop 8 bans it completely in California?
    Yikes.

15. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Is it really a victory for an entire country when equality has to be imposed on it by its highest court.

16. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Oh, and pardon me, but I just had to post this.

Expecting DOMA and Prop. 8 to be down pretty soon.

17. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Although you can get married in some states, while others have outright banned it (california), the federal government (until today) has not recognized homosexual marriage. Because the IRS/Fed's did not acknowledge it, the benefits of being married on a tax return do not qualify. In this specific case they tried to get a refund on an Estate, but they could not get a "joint(married)" tax rate which affected how much they would receive back in a negative way.

It's like going to an amusment park and being allowed to be in a group even though you aren't family, but not being able to get the group discount on the local shops because you aren't acknowledged as a group unless you ARE family.

Pessimistic as always Ricky . You have to remember, it only takes one man to challenge it, until the highest authority tells him "No you're wrong". Although I digress, 5:4, a victory, is a rather dissapointing one :|

By the way, search "Gay" on Google. (Safe results on, and not images/videos, reccomended LOL)

18. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

Can't say I'm disappointed with this.

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

That's awesome news, well done America.

Got a bit emotional reading these reactions and those are just celebrities, I can't imagine the response from the LGBT community. i'd probably be crying my eyes out reading their reactions.

20. Default Re: Supreme Court ruling of DOMA and Prop. 8 to be decided on 6/26 at 10 AM

This was pretty great, but hopefully most people won't forget that pomegranate the NSA has been doing, and what's going on with Edward Snowden. Cause that's pretty important too lately, and I think with this, people might actually forget about it, since they're so excited right now.