Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

So uh.... holy sh*t where do I begin? A lot has changed in 3 years.

-Is there a way to get hidden potentials on gear that was obtained before hidden potential came out?
    -What's a familiar? They're clogging up my inventory
    -What the hell happened to the prices? The inflation is crazy
    -Expedition?
    -Profession?
    -Silent Crusade?
    -Tempest? Timeless? Reverse? Renegade? Bits? Evolution system?
    -Which hyper skills are recommended for a bishop?

<<< how i feel

Edit - btw my IGN is DrRusty if anyone wants a bishop to train with. I spent about 250mil 'ish' on equips and my damage isn't too bad I guess. I can hold my own I think. My range currently is 12058~12693

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

-Is there a way to get hidden potentials on gear that was obtained before hidden potential came out?
    Yes. It's called a Potential Scroll. There are several versions, some of which can destroy your item, some don't.

Halfway between pet and equip. They are monsters that follow you around, give you a buff, and fight for you. What each does is written on the familiar card. You have to double-click the card and then the familiar goes into your Crusader Codex (Monster Book) and stops taking up space in your inventory. You can use up to 3 of the same familiar card, which gives it a longer duration before it loses its energy and needs to rest before it can be summoned again.

More desirable stuff in cash shop -> NX to meso ratio going crazy -> meso worth nothing -> prices in meso through the roof

-Expedition?
    Up to 6 parties joined together. Expedition has a special chat, and expedition leader can move people between parties, but the parties are still separate in terms of buffs and such.

-Profession?
    Lets you craft equipment or potions.

-Silent Crusade?
    Questline involving area bosses tucked away in special portals, and a shop with special equipment.

-Tempest? Timeless? Reverse? Renegade?
    Gear. Lots and lots of new sets, for every event and boss.

Bits?
    A "puzzle" equipment set. Each bit has its own stats, and a full set gives extra stats.
    The bits and bit boxes expire, and the stats don't seem that amazing anyway.
    This feature is new in this patch, and apparently not fully functional (the introductory quests exist, but bits don't drop from monsters). Maybe when Xenon comes out we'll know more.

Evolution system?
    Special mini-dungeon which you configure to your liking (within constraints)
    - background music
    - visual theme
    - monster Level and HP (and consequently EXP)
    - monster spawn rate (including spawning certain bosses)
    - drop rate (in general or for specific item classes)

Depends on what you use your bishop for.

Yeah.
    There are guides on most of these things, google is your friend.

3. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Yes. Use a Hidden potential scroll on the item you wish to reveal potential on. Keep in mind that these have a chance of blowing up your item depending on what percentage scroll you choose to use. If you have something decently scrolled, hold off for a 100% or cash shop version of this. (Tim's Secret Lab)

An export from JMS. Familiars provide bonus stats or effects depending on which one you use. The most popular of these would probably be Jr. Boogie (MP Regen), Mixed Golem (Low increased drop rate. Something like 1.2x), and Big Spider ( 1.5x drop rate?)

Time. Demand. Laziness.

-Expedition?

Expeditions are GIANT parties. These can be used to run Pink Bean, Zakum, Hilla, etc etc with up to 6 "parties" (36 people I think). Some expeditions might only allow you to take up to 18 people or some nonsense.

-Profession?

Professions were introduced during the "Chaos" update some time ago. Professions replace the old Maker skill and allow you to craft potions, weapons, jewelry (rings/pendants/belts), and mine ores and herbs.

-Silent Crusade?

Basically a big long chain of quests that provide you with Silent Crusade Coins, medals, fame, and XP. These are also required to fight Arkarium (big boss guy).

-Tempest? Timeless? Reverse? Renegade? Bits? Evolution system?

>Tempest was a past event. Level 100 gear sets was given out/obtainable for it.
    >Timeless gear is a thing of the past mostly. The item models were reused for Loveless gear (level 130 or 140 or something)
    >Reverse gear is really a thing of the past, lol.
    >Bits are little..square things you can obtain to get a few bonus stats. I don't know much nor have I used them really in KMS.
    >Evolution System is a series of maps you can only enter 5 times a day. Map 3 has insane spawn and you can beef it up by using the coins obtained inside.

I am of no help on this one @ThatWasMyKil;

4. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

thanks yo. That's a good summary
    btw this teleport stun is OP, and so is advanced blessing

-is accuracy a good stat for bishops now? I never remembered missing monsters unless they were much higher level than me. Now I seem to miss if they are just 2 or 3 levels higher.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Imo, meso has been more valuable than NX by a long shot for quite some time now.

6. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Accuracy is useless. You have a set increase in miss rate for every level the monster is above you.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Stat boosts:

Int +50 (duh)
    HP and MP
    Crit +10% (if not at 100%, if at 100% switch to luk +50)
    Last can either be Whatever you want, Guards, jump, or speed.

Passive:

Holy Magic Shell – Cooltime Reduce
    Holy Symbol – Extra Drop
    Advanced Bless – Bonus Damage
    Advanced Bless – Extra Point
    Holy Symbol – Experience when training, Holy Symbol – Imbue Body if bossing

Active: all of them.

If you're a high enough level (15x), try the new updated Malaysia and Singapore. The Capt. Latanica quests give the only perma badge you can get (and it can have potential), and the Krexel lines gives a lv160 shoulder (and ~5m mesos). I would recommend going to Perion and getting a jr.Boogie familiar, it restores 15% MP per 10 seconds, saving pots. Also, try to refrain from buying anything until you learn the prices better. Try to do events and get "free" gear they give out.

8. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

oh cool. I didn't know they updated malaysia, and I don't know how to get to singapore =P. Is there any other advice anyone has for good training spots/easy ways to get gear. Maybe places that you can only use once per account? I found the place in temple of time that has the buy once store with the 60% scrolls in it.

Edit - also, if anyone wants to buy 70mil worth of stuff from me that would be greatly appreciated . I need 70mil to buy a dragon staff this one dude was selling. It's a pretty big upgrade (~1100)

9. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

The ToT store updates every day and occasionally will sell very good items for 10k mesos (ie. wabr recipe, untradeable PB chair, resistance potion recipes etc.), so it's good to check it out daily if you're in the area. The shop will "restock" every few hours, so just check back again in an hour or so if there's something you wanted but was sold out.

10. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

do people still use NLC pots to train? The 40% / 75% mp/hp ones?

11. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Hell yea.

12. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

I generally kill Ani until I'm loaded with pots. Or DRPQ until I'm pot-happy. Pots are surprisingly easy to get for free/cheap if you know where to look.

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

I dunno who Ani is or what DRPQ is

-I've noticed that sometimes when I take damage on my bishop, my health barely goes down at all, and my mana takes almost all of the damage. Other times, my health takes the normal amount of damage. What gives?

14. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Define 'other times'. Since Unleashed, bosses have gained %HP attacks that would bypass Magic Guard so you probably got hit by one of those.

Edit: Since you had two other questions up there-

- Ani is a mini-boss you get to fight if you're doing the LHC questline. He's really easy but the boxes you get from him can only be opened when you're under level 140 IIRC.

- DRPQ stands for Dragon Rider Party Quest. You need to get the Soaring skill first which requires you to do some pre-quests from Chief Tatamo and it's accessible from the Mirror of Dimension (Check the one with a dragon logo). The main draw of this PQ is that it's the fastest one and gives the most EXP, while the boxes also give you weapons.

15. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Mana guard absorbs 80(?)% damage into MP, I believe if a move would have killed you even after taking all your mana(so if the 20% to hp > your hp left), it'd kill you and leave your mana untouched. At least it did when I played my mage. Otherwise, maybe you forgot mana guard.
    Edit: Or what Curtiss said.

16. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

That sounds plausible. I'll check how much damage is being taken from my HP again. It might have just been lag, but my health would only go down by maybe 100 when taking a 2-3k damage hit.

17. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

You can open his boxes even if you're over level 140, just that you won't get those scrolls, only pots... does it give MMBs?

Hadriel

18. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Sunrise Dew and Reindeer Milk are my BEST friends whenever new events came out
    My Silient Crusade pots weren't used for 1 years, hell yeah -_-

19. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

I'll be even happier if they weren't the untradable versions of those pots.

Hadriel

20. Default Re: Chillin in MS after not playing for 3 years.

Hey Rusty, dunno if you still remember me, but I recently started logging back in too. I'll see if I still have you on buddy, and if I don't, I'll drop you an add again.