IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Uh, no?
    You can look up which song was top of the billboard chart 50 years ago, or which team scored the most home runs 30 seasons ago, or who took the bronze medal on the parallel bars at the Montreal Olympics. Accomplishments of the past don't disappear, they are recorded for posterity. Yes, there's a new ranking out every week, or year, or four years, but they don't wipe out what's already been done.

2. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

But of those, how many are maintained by the same people who record the current rankings? Does Billboard have their charts from 50 years ago? Does the MLB maintain their who scored the most home runs 30 years ago? Are medals obtained still recorded by the Olympic committee from years ago? Well, I mean online, with public access, of course, I'd hope they'd be recorded somewhere, even if we couldn't see it. When I Google those things, it's not Billboard that tells me what songs those were, etc (with exception of the Olympics, I'm not surprised), they're on other sites, they're on wikis.

I don't doubt accomplishments get recorded, but they're not eternally displayed either.

3. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Actually, he was 193 or 194 (I saw his last Himes level) :D

OT: I'm waiting to see what Nexon will do with the rankings. Even though it sounds silly, I think those people deserve to have SOMETHING to show that they worked for it.

4. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

5. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I just want an Adventurer/Explorer to stay rank one for nostalgias sake.

6. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I was reading a thread on Insoya about how people in GMS are levelling past 200 crazy fast (compared to how it is in KMS) and even they know about Fangblade apparently xD

7. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Fuck it I didn't want to post but I will anyway.

I think they should have separated the 200- rankings from the 201+ ones. I can't believe that they didn't do it; KMS did it so why couldn't they? Most of you guys don't understand the dedication and the achievement that went into place for those who were in the very top 20 in the entire GMS. I know of a couple of people in this forum such as myself and @Pixie; who were in the top 20, and while I cannot speak for them I know for a fact that this change makes me quite sad. It's one of the only things tying me back from my original achievement years ago. I know you guys can't understand it but God damn it it means a lot to me. Sure, 200 is piss easy now but back then it was one hell of an achievement and you should have seen the amount of uproar over someone reaching 200; Nowadays no one even bats an eye if someone hits 200 since it's become so common but back then it was a great thing. Multiple posts on Sleepywood and Basilmarket were made just to congratulate someone who made it in the top 10.

My ranking is quite literally the only achievement I have left in this game and I wanted it to stay in place. Sure, it's silly for some of you but to me and many others it actually means something.

8. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

We have no idea what exactly they are doing with the rankings. They might be making a separate one that's frozen, they might not. I think it's a bit too early to jump the gun.

9. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I'd be rather optimistic if I thought Nexon would do the right thing. Plus I doubt they keep backups of their rankings. Maybe they'll surprise us.

10. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

This. Yesterdays ranking, there was a 210 luminous.

nty.

11. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

You don't have an NPC in your server?( or you didn't make/qualify for one). That's much better than a ranking.

12. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Yeah, there's really no way to explain how much harder it was to get to 200 back in the day. Like, you stopped getting 0.01% per kill in the 120s, and the exp tnl was doubling every 13 levels above that, all training on the same monsters. That you had to kill 450,000 monsters for the last level... with current maps you could do it in under 2000. I daresay there are level 200s who didn't kill 50000 monsters in their total career.

13. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Odd. Ranking still finds characters below rank 100 but it seems people in top 100 are unavailable atm.

14. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I only vaguely remember this, but I wanted to start the Veteran Hunter quest and seeing how many monsters I'd end up killing rushing to 200, I definitely remember that part, I think it was last year on my Phantom that I tried, though I forgot until I reached either 30 or 120, but when I got to 200, I only had like ~86k kills on it.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Well, at least for those who don't think 250 is going to be as hard as 200 was (which it probably won't be), the experience penalty for killing monsters too far below the character's level now applies to every monster that isn't boss flagged.

So rejoice everyone! You can now experience the tedium fun of training in the same maps you've grown to love so deeply over the course of 30-40 levels after hitting level 210 or so!

But no seriously, I think people would enjoy the game more if you played it without getting too sentimental over someone who leveled faster than everyone else. I'm willing to bet Fangblade only got to 200 in the first place because he liked the game enough to get competitive about it, so why not do the same in his memory if you feel so attached?

You have a bunch of new monsters you can train on with 0.5x exp and a nerfed bonus exp formula, so have at it!

16. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

I always thought that a little too much hype was put into the rankings, but it's pretty stupid that so many people put their time/effort/money to reach the level cap and Nexon America decides to go "Nah man, pineapple you."

Though I believed the new level cap deserved new rankings and am still very adamant on that belief I find it almost insulting as a veteran player that there is apparently no attempt at reserving the previous ranks in any shape or form.

17. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I don't think Nexon really needs to save the pre-Unleashed rankings. Who here remembers ranks 6-15 on the next two pages? And since they can't change, somebody's old screenshot of the top 5 will do.

I do understand the concept though. I don't praise him through some hidden shrine in my closet, but I respect his place in history.

18. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I am pretty sure he wasn't that close to 200 when 4th job came out. I remember NinjaGaru was the highest lvl in Scania when 4th job hit, and he was only 121, At best FangBlade must have been 140.

Isn't it an assumption to say we care more about it than he does? For all we know, he could be at his house hitting his head to a wall saying "damn it nexon". Regardless, it might be true we care more, but that doesn't disregard it as a valid concern. We are not talking about just anyone's achievement of getting to lvl 200, we are talking about the first person to reach it in the whole continent of America (or a server for the whole America), all the more in a time it was much harder than now It should be prized or at least recognized, thats what rankings did and that should've been kept like that. What this validates is that Nexon has the power to just throw to the garbage everything we work for in this game any day they want and that's in no way reassuring to us players.

19. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

When a new player looks at the rankings, they don't know what kind of "hard work" was put into a video game to get there. They'll likely assume that it took the same amount of effort that it does now. The rankings are a completely contextless set of numbers that have no actual relevance to anybody but the people that have had it explained to them elsewhere. I think it would have been smart of them to keep an archive of the old 200 cap rankings, but freezing the rankings so that on the regular page a level 200 is always number one is inane. Someone is going to relive the absolute boring void of entertainment that grinding contentless levels for hundreds of hours to get to 250 first and that person should get #1.

20. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Fairly sure that can't be right. Even lazy soabs like me were 120 before 4th job, and I would have known if I was within 1 level of the highest on a server. I'm sure fangblade was much, much closer to 200 than 140. 18x-19x sounds right to me.