Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Actually they do use the first level 200 in the quest line for KMS (and always have). I haven't checked after Unlimited hit (because lolEvan) but I'm pretty sure it's the same :p

2. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

He represents the "old era" of maple. Old good times, and i am not discussing if maple was better or worse before the BB and whatsoever (I'ts just a stupid discussion)., it's just that for a veteran it represents a lot( At least for some people like me)

Also, does anybody have a screenshot when he was in the rank with curryishot? i would like to have that ss :v

3. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Maybe you don't but all I've seen these past few weeks, especially on the main forums, are threads asking about Fangblade and what's going to be happening to his rank and that it would be sad if he lost his rank, etc.
    Like I said, I think most people care about his #1 rank more than he does.

4. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Coulda swore at least one of those versions has a NPC named "Dragon Warrior" or something in his place.

5. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

If you're referring to the Evan mount quest that would be MSEA, we do have a Dragon Warrior helping out in the process.

OT: Things change all the time but assuming this news is true since rankings are supposedly down, it is a sad thing because now no one that doesn't know of Fang Blade would understand the effort he put into it. Sure, I argued once before that people ought to just screencap the rankings they care about but considering how bad Unleashed is currently it would have been nice to see that Nexon actually cared about player achievements.

6. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Have any 201+ adventurers(if there are any) tried replacing the existing level 200 npcs?

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Some people need to learn how to move on.

Good for him, it's a cool achievement. Maybe he SHOULD stay at 200 so all of you can have your precious nostalgia. It's just a number people.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Tried it just now. Dances with Balrogs still thinks I'm unworthy.

9. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

Hope I'm not talking nonsense here. He did sort of represent the beginning of Maple in a way.
    As for me, I don't really care about his rank spot. I just think some of us just feels a little sympathy for him and for the rest of the players that put in a lot of time into grinding to where they got. I'd bet it would feel like a slap to the face to them with all these updates. If I remember right in KMS, they did sort of archive the ranking before unlimited hit, so at least that's a little respect for them. I don't think we would mind as much if GMS did create a separate page for pre-unleased ranking.

10. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

If that's possible, or even if it was ever possible once they get to a certain level, I would officially say fuck this game.

For some of us, all that we have left that connects us to this game is what we accomplished before everything became shit easy where every other person can make a level 200 in a matter of weeks or days. It's sentimental to some of us. It sounds dumb as hell, gay as hell, corny as hell.. but it's the truth for a lot of us who beat the game when it was somewhat of a challenge. Being washed away because they want to try to save their game from it's impending death is garbage.

I don't care about the ranks. Sure it'd be sweet to have a Classic ranks list for all of the 200s prior to the unleashed patch that would never change, but whatever. If the NPC's are restarted or removed, then they can kiss my ass.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They already cleared the rooms for worlds that entered an alliance. There was suddenly only room for half, or a quarter, or a fifth of the NPCs... and it was first come, first served. At least the only people who qualified are those who had qualified on their respective worlds, but a lot of people lost their NPCs.

12. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Kind of.

the NPCs of alliance worlds can be overwritten by people of the same rank in different worlds. For example, my 200 NPC keeps getting overwritten by someone in Arcania, but I can get it back until someone overwrites it again. Regargless it's dumb.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

ITT: Hypocrisy at its finest.

14. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

There once was a point for reaching 200, that rank, was your character. It solidified you a spot to reflect your accomplishment, something considered impossible at the time. It's what gives your character and your effort some form of significance. Fangblade also represented something bigger than that, he didnt play money story, like so many were doing at the time. He didn't wear NX to be pretty, he used it to be efficient as possible. I don't personally care all that much, it just shows how maplestory is a game dependent on refreshing, but I can sympathize with the guy.

15. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

well, getting to 250 should prove to be just as difficult if not even more difficult (as in time consuming....) than the original road to 200. We'll just have to see I suppose. Hopefully Nexon is making a frozen rankings page though, that'd be pretty cool.

16. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

@Maryse; The road to 250 sounds so much worse than the road to 200 because of the numbers but way back then the exp per mob was absolutely awful and everyone was stuck at Skelegons until Himes were released... then everyone was stuck at Himes. I'm willing to bet that FangBlade's grind to 200 was much worse than the grind to 250 will be for us. (Not sure how the math would be so I'm just guessing here.)

I think it took like 12 full hours of grind for me to level at lvl1xx ish... It was soooooo boring and I had the luxury of being a Chief Bandit + being incredibly rich so I zoomed through the levels with just Meso Explosion... before 3rd job, it was walking slowly to each mob with Savage Blow and you were forced to train on stuff you can 1-shot because of the mana cost + waste of time. I can't imagine the pain at lvl100-lvl200 of monotonous 2nd/3rd job training.

Everyone remembers and idolizes FangBlade because back then, levels actually meant something. Being just 10 levels higher than someone else was a huge deal and hitting 3 digits on your level was something to throw a party over. Then you look at the rankings and see people twice your level and you realize how much more dedicated they are to leveling. The upper echelon of Maplers was based almost solely on your level because it showed how much time you've put into the game. Like, just being lvl100 gets you into Zakum runs because finding anyone at that level on a specific class was so rare. Nowadays it's not levels but range and damage that people watch for. All you see on youtube are 5 second solos of random bosses because that's all there is to marvel at... the damage. Being lvl200 is a given at that point.

However, in the era of where levels was what you watched for, FangBlade would be what everyone would talk about because he was #1. It's sorta like the limgoon of pre-bigbang I guess.

Even if FangBlade doesn't care about it anymore, he's more of a figurehead and a representation of an era most veterans remember fondly. It's not really about what he thinks of it since he doesn't even play anymore, it's more for everyone else.

Though I have to say that I don't particularly care about it but I can understand the feelings of many maplers. It's something you just have to respect.

17. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

I remember Skeles being better than Himes, and also Himes being out before Skeles. Anyway, it used to require 2,121,276,324 EXP, yeah?, to get from 199 to 200. Skelosaurus gave 4,750 EXP, though I don't even remember what it's called anymore, I want to say Peak of the Big Nest, but I'm pretty sure that's the map after, but the map we used to train in wasn't pure spawn, but assuming you were killing in a pure spawn map, you'd have to kill 446,585 Skeles in order to reach 200. With the EXP table we have from 200 to 250, assuming you're killing Golems solo, at level 229, it takes 445,546 Golems to get to 230, and then it just goes up from there, capping at 2,544,119 Golems to get from 249-250 (assuming there's no EXP penalty).

A few additional things:

First, we'd have to compare all levels, through time, assuming training at the best possible mob at whatever level at whatever time, accounting for the fact that probably won't be the most optimal mob, ever, at that level. I didn't pay attention to rankings very much, but I'm assuming FangBlade was way past 120 or whatever by the time we got Leafre, 4th job, and Skeles.

Second, following the first, we have to account for how quickly you could kill the mobs, Skeles had 85k HP, Golems have 89m. I don't know how many hits it took for most people to kill skeles, I was a bishop, so it was pretty much 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 hit ko, to up to 15 of them, like, every second and half. Now I do like, 1m per hit of Demon Cry to Golems with their attack buff up, which hits 6 times, so I take about 15 hits to kill them normally, 7.5 hits with Blue Blood on, half the time, so it averages out to around 11~12 hits to kill, not sure how that compares with everyone else (which makes me think I should maybe pay attention to other people more often).

As for how I feel about rankings, I guess I don't really care either way, in that, I don't really care whether or not they save the old rankings.

I can't really empathize with the people who want the old rankings saved in some manner, at least, not those who want it purely because FangBlade used to be #1, but now he's not. I get that it's nice, yeah, but I've never heard of a ranking system that was so stagnant, one where #1 was eternally guaranteed to the first person who got it. That's just not what rankings are. Rankings are supposed to be dynamic, they change, you don't keep number one forever, people are always given a chance to pass you, and you can defend your title if you so choose.

Saving the old rankings is kinda like, kinda rejecting the legitimacy of the new rankings, you know. "Oh, yeah, that other guy is #1 now, but if you look at the old rankings, the real #1 is that guy". It's not like people forget past versions of rankings, though, like, FangBlade isn't #1 anymore, but it's not like we forgot that, and hell we didn't forget Tiger used to be #1 either, and so on, but on what rankings does it list the top player, team, whatever, and then also have "But, before, so and so was #1" somewhere? They don't have to be there for us to remember, that, at some point, they used to be there.

As for saving the rankings purely so I can go back and see what rank I was, what I accomplished prior to the level cap raise, I guess I can empathize with that more, but still, I can't hang out to that forever. I mean, people, or teams, don't work really hard, then place on some rankings, then stop doing anything forever, yeah? They work and train every year in order to place again, and if they don't continue, then they're just... gone.

Well, I know everyone doesn't feel the same way, but I'm just throwing that out there.

18. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

He's gonna come back, guys. He's gonna come back and be #1 again..! I.. I just know it... *gazes out of my window and sheds a single tear*

19. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I thought kMS kept 200lvl ranks as a seperate section from 250 one. Why didn't we do the same..?

In my heart, Tiger will always be #1 <33

Edit: What does top 5 look like? Rankings aren't working for me...

20. Default Re: FangBlade No Longer Number 1

i feel old when people keep mentioning tiger because he and sushi was really popular in msea too back then.