Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

I'm in favor of hiding the damage of other people. Not only it gets rid of one source of lag and screen pollution but it screws with the ideas of damage wh0res of bragging because their wallets are bigger.

On the other hand I'm against hiding characters skills even at boss runs. I get the less lag part, heck I myself would benefit from that but just how stupid is a boss fight if all you see is yourself attacking and everyone else standing still? It just kills any bit of excitement or emotion you could get from the fight and leaves you to only look forward killing it for its rewards, that's when you get excited and happy, really?

Of course I get my opinion is not a fact, so the best solution would be adding the option to turn skills on and off.

2. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

I want to be able to see other peoples' damage in boss battles. Helps me get a feel for the DPS being done and how fast hp is going down, etc etc

As for the "how can you tell when DR is cast??" argument:

Having been on over like 250 Cygnus runs (mostly v2, only ~70 full kills) and over 150 PB runs (~100 solos) I have never ever ever EVER had trouble timing DR.
    The DR effect (aka you die) starts as soon as it's cast. Seeing when it starts won't help in the slightest.

Worst case scenario: you aren't paying attention and don't see/hear the animation (like if the boss is crashed) - go by your previous time and assume it cast the second it could. No possible way you can die there, just might lose a few seconds of attacking.

This is one of my least favorite changes of Unleashed.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

even worse, how do you know one of your party hasn't activated a nodelay hack or something of the sort?

4. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

I personally find it far easier to tell the damage output of my party by simply watching how fast the boss HP bar goes down. Watching other people's damage only works for you to compare your strength with others and set how stronger you wanna get.

5. Default Re: Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't see each others skills? (Or damag

Von Leon has a respectable casting time. I can hold a keydown skill like Mille Aiguilles and, since I'm experienced with it, identify every skill he does and when I see DR, stop before it kills me. You actually get enough warning to stop.

Not every boss is like that though.