1. Default How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

So before the patch I was able to get these from Empress Instructors, but since I can't really do that reliably anymore, I need another way to obtain them, and I really have no idea what else would drop them at a decent rate.

Things like this:

If anyone's curious, they're an ingredient needed to create Sengoku Weapons that Madman Ranmaru drops recipes of.
    Last edited by Green4Ever; 2013-06-28 at 04:43 AM.

2. Default Re: How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

From my experience, Hilla, Von Leon also drops the shards.
    I seen the Ariel statue in at pink bean drop a shard only once, but the pre-quest is too tedious to farm effectively.
    Of course Ranmaru himself drops them too.

3. Default Re: How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

Every expedition boss drops them. Or at least they did before the patch.

4. Default Re: How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

Oh, well okay then. I don't remember ever seeing something else drop a Shard but that's probably because I never bothered with drop rate multipliers at most of them. I guess that means I have more things to squeeze into my 2x drop card.
    Thanks for the quick responses.

5. Default Re: How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

Sorry to bump a week old thread. Has anyone had any luck with these dropping since this post?

I'll admit I haven't been bossing too much since I've just being doing attendance x 10 and logging out, but I have killed Hilla and Mori maybe a dozen or so times combined this week and haven't had a shard drop. Some of the kills were on 3x drop Hot Time coupons. Others with Demon Cry + Spider.

They both used to drop them quite frequently. Have some recipes I need to make :(

6. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

Default Re: How can I farm Legendary Weapon Shards now?

It does indeed drop after the recent patch.