Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Recently we've had a lot of patches and lots of new content which is great, but we've also had a *lot* of bugs, some of which have made the game unplayable.

It really feels like NexonEU has given up on its customers and the game. I don't play GMS, but I assume that you guys don't have stupid bugs like:

Unable to enter Empress
    Unable to enter Magnus
    D/C if you try to use the chat function
    Exp penalty for *all* mobs, meaning training from 190+ is actually impossible (we don't have your HoH)
    Stats like w.def, avoid etc all broken and showing less than half of what they should be
    Inability to change link skill characters
    Gaining Honor exp makes you D/C

The list goes on, but effectively once you get past around level 180, the game is over and there's nothing to do.

Thoughts?

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

First off i'd like to say that this thread is funny, because on the main forum page I see the thread "Maplestory Europe is..." followed by your name "prettygreat".

Pretty sure GMS has had all of these problems at one time or another, including the lack of training areas, which has only really changed within the last couple of patches.

3. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

4. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

I recently (last weekend?) made a Demon Avenger to try it out and had no trouble gaining Honor EXP (I don't have any rank unlocked, though). However, the game is indeed broken. Ridiculous market, major bugs and such. It's the main reason I stick to gMS instead. I wish they'd open up registrations for Europeans again (perhaps another eastcoast server just for them)...

5. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

The honor bug only kicks in past level 30 honor. The market is horribly broken in Kradia because of dupers, and in Demethos we can't even get half of FM1 to fill up.

Some of these problems have been there for more than 6 months.

The training area thing is something you guys don't have to deal with - you have HoH! We have nothing level 170+, and now you get an EXP penalty if you're higher level than the monsters you kill. The best training location we have has level 175 mobs, so when you hit 195 you get like 10% of the exp you should.

GMS gets all of these fixed pretty fast. We've had them for 6+ months.

6. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

every time

7. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

They had a notice earlier which said "[Notice] Announcement for Shut down of the..."

Turns out it was just the French and Spanish parts of the game, but it was still terrifying for a bit.

8. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

You can add:
    - Mount coupons disappearing upon usage.
    - Broken events.

Worst of all in my opinion, is their inability to acknowlegde bugs. Reporting a bug through a ticket is rewarded with an auto reposons, referring you to the bug section on the forums.
    And when you make a thread explaining the bug there, you are advised to send a ticket( if you state that you have already sent one, you will be told to send another). It is a vicious circle.
    Yet when they release a bug-to-be-fixed list, they don't even include the bug you have reported repeadetly.

They seem to be losing players by the minute.
    If they keep this up, that notice will eventually end with the word "game".

9. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

I said this in the forums.

If they keep making pomegranatety content and not fixing the bugs, people will keep quitting until they can't make profit any more, so they'll shut down.

I don't see how they don't see this problem. This is the sort of thing you learn in economics at the age of 16...

10. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

The company won't consider it a point of attention until such a player drop occurs. So by forcing yourself to play through it, is not only giving the wrong message of "tolerable" but delays what you want. So best option is to quit until they make those changes.

11. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

It seems that EMS will shut down, not by few sales... but the bad administration of the server

12. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

The population has dropped by over 75% in the last 6 months... Which is why they've been piling on more content in the hopes that it'll bring new players in or old players back.

13. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Yes but how many of the high spenders have stayed? That's what really matters. If you're still attempting to play, with those facts, being assumed true, then it doesn't seem smart to me to keep playing.

14. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

If that number is not an arbitrary guess you made based on your own experience in-game, I would like to have the source.
    75% is a major drop and should be visible in their sales. It would indeed explain the pushing of content over the last few months.
    If they close, I'd rather quit than go back to Pizza Slices.

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

When eMS got that much content at once, there's no excuse that we and Nexon didn't see it coming.

16. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

I'm wondering where your stats are coming from because in my experience not much has changed over the last 6 months in terms of the playerbase :3

I gotta say though, I'm finding myself afking a lot due to the lack of content for us higher levelled users.

Edit: Oops I got ninjad by a long time XD Guess that's what you get when you go afk for a long time when you're in the middle of posting.

17. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

My guild, which was always full and had at least 20-30 active playing members, has been disbanded because there was absolutely no interest in playing. We all quit the abomination that EMS has become.
    I've turned to Pizza Slices personally, but only because I can't let maple go.

Nexon's almost certainly gonna feel it.
    Nexon's broken, Maple's broken, but EMS is the worst of all (Okay, except MSEA).

That patch has been released what, several months ago? There have been no attempts to fix any bugs, they still don't listen to us, and they're still making loads of cash. A lot of the bugs have popped up during Unlimited, which was just an half-assed excuse of a patch.
    I've lost all hope in EMS, and honestly, you should too.

18. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

It is a guess based on my own experience in game. We've gone from 6 full FMs to being unable to fill even FM1.

This is of course Demethos - I don't know how Kradia has been going.

But there has definitely been a significant drop and that is why they're pushing out all this content. There aren't even enough players left in this server to form a 10-man CHT party.

Most of the big spenders don't really leave though - they've invested so much money in the game they don't want to quit. Although more recently about a third of the biggest spenders (in Demethos, where our big spenders are much bigger than Kradia) quit.

19. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Don't a fair number of players play EMS though? I can't see them shutting down just because of poor management. Same goes for MSEA.

20. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Yet to see after Xenon update. A lot of MSEA players have been complaing about hackers, and "invalid pointer" error. Every 5 minutes I get this "invalid pointer" error, its ridiculous.

Back ontopic though, how many worlds does EMS have?