Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Sorry, but that is simply a completely pointless comment to my remark.

MSEA is for a certain market, a market that won't really die even with poor managament, therefore MSEA isn't likely to die.

2. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Because MSEA isn't supposed to die, if it really starts to die the upper-upper management will raise their eyebrows and open their mouths. Then asses get hauled.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Well, it's kinda true though. Due to massive funding from a certain "top" player in Aquila
    Last edited by SoR0XaS; 2013-06-19 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Dammit grammar

4. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

I think you're all bítching too much.

Sorry, but eMS isn't that broken. Yes, I play it, yes, I play it regurarly, yes you can just fúcking normally play it.

As for NXEU not listening and not doing anything and sitting on their lazy asses all day, what about you fúcking think for a minute? I know some of the GMs who work there, and they do work their pineappleing ass of. Once you start to do 14hr+ workdays, I can allow you to make those comments.

5. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

EMS has lost it´s appeal for me.

The ability to play in your language was nice before big bang. There were even channels for every language to help you communicate with your own people. And ofcourse the 3 main channels "EUR1", "EUR2", "EUR3". Since big bang it has been deleted. Ofcourse gameplay got easier and the social factor began to decrease.

After big bang, the translation and overal update for other languages besides english were awfully done. They just did not care for the uniqueness that was EMS. For example right now our settings dutch "UI"

Then the next fail factor : the customization options were limited. Nexon EU thought "Hey why not delete everything out of the cash shop and add 5 items per 2 weeks which are very expensive and permanent." So yea that part kind of died too. I would make characters to customize them but that's not possible anymore. A lot of protesting was done on the forums, only to see the EMS community being ignored - again - .

Since big bang everything has been a copy + paste of either MSEA or GMS. I got german, dutch and english all mixed together in one NPC -__-" come on NexonEU do you ever double check? EMS is going down hill , we are next version to go after, brazilMS and vietnam MS. The list of Maplestory's seems to get smaller.

6. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

2 and a half - Kradia, Demethos and Supreme

Nobody's complaining about the GMs. The GMs are great - better than ever. The issue seems to like with the developers. Perhaps there aren't enough of them to meet the demands of the community. It's hard to say when all of the information is undercover.

7. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

GMs are developers. At least on eMS. All of em.

8. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Oh look, it's European Mabinogi all over again.

9. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Well, in that there lies the problems.

10. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

This isn't Basilmarket, we're not going to ban you for saying the phrase "private server".

11. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

They just need to fire our current forum mods and hire someone who actually care about fixing bugs. Our current forum mods are pomegranatety and they dont even care if the bugs are fixed or not. Like when I actually put time into making a bug list FOR THEM they decide to shut it down, because mine looks 10000x times better than their pomegranatety list. They hardly update it, they dont post announcements if its fixed or not and they dont give clear proof on why this is a priority or not.

Like the Damage return bug that we've had for almost a year now. Everytime someone return dmg to a boss it will give you an auto ban sign and DC you, why would this not be a priority when at least 5 classes are effected by this?

I would like to help them for free but the way its going now, it doesnt look like they want my help.

12. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

The population there is much much lower compare to MSEA from what I see, though I only login there like twice per month now.

13. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

No, they really aren't, as they've stated many, many times. The GMs are based in Europe and the developers are based in Korea.

They also quite obviously don't work very hard. There are hackers who have been videoed quite clearly hacking who are still yet to be banned several months later. They're great at responding to tickets though... with "we'll tell the developers".

If they really worked so hard and were the developers, why has there not been a GM-based event in months? Why has nothing been fixed for months? Why do most tickets get generic copy-and-pasted responses?

14. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

My apologies. I am not familiar with the norms an regulations of the website you are referring to, but I was sure I had seen the metaphore being used on SP. My assumption led me to believe that the subject was tabu. Assuming never really leads anywhere, it seems.

I for one, will be happy to complain about them.
    Did you see the live stream hosted by a GM last week? He couldn't answer a single question straight, not one. I understand the evasion when asked about upcoming events, but when you evade every single question about bugs, glitches, running events or current content? What use is it to have a live stream then? To show the maplers than the GMs actualy exist?
    The interview confirmed one of my fears; NexonEu is outsourcing to terrible companies without any interest in the game.

15. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Their recruitment page often has Customer Support positions and none of them require extensive coding experience. On top of that, I've personally spoken to a GM in game and he informed me that while such positions don't require extensive computing knowledge it does help to have a basic grasp of how coding structures works to help in identifying bugs. Doesn't sound like they'd ask someone with a basic grasp to aid in development. D:

Edit:

6 months ago a GM wouldn't have appeared on livestream, and you'd have to stay up until 5am to speak to someone about an issue. :P

16. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

No. Its the opposite, most of the EMS GMs aren´t developers, the low ammount of developers that EMS has is reason why It takes so long for Nexon Europe to fix bugs.

17. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

If that was the case, then you are right about it being better than ever. However, that does not make it great. It would say it is less bad .

18. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

GM-wise things are great. We get responses to tickets in <24 hours and they come ingame to help with bugs.

The developers however seem to have all died. All of our exclusive content was accidentally removed a few patches ago, and they haven't re-added it, and pretty much every piece of high level content is broken.

19. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

Once again, I will have to disagree. I have no idea how you determine the quality of the GMs, and I mean no disrespect when I write this, but; just because you and/or your friends get quick answers to tickets, does not mean that "things" are great. You would see that if you factor in all the negative experience people have with customer support and the terrible live-stream hosted by a GM, things are not great at all. However, all we have to argue with is personal experience, and anecdotal evidence only gets us so far.

I don't know if you saw the live stream, or if you just didn't pay attention. After repeadetly getting asked questions about veracent( I believe this is the exclusive content you are referring to) he answered that it was intentionally removed.I don't know where you got the idea that the removal was an accident, but according to this GM it was not. I assumed that it was an accident aswell, because of the copy-paste nature of NexonEU. Not to mention that the GM seemed as surprised as the community at the removal.
    I mean if you did see the live stream, wouldn't your unquestionable faith in the GMs keep you from thinking it was a mistake...?

20. Default Re: Maplestory Europe is unplayably broken

No, I'm pretty sure it was a mistake and he's just lying to cover it up. They did the same thing with Root Abyss. They forgot to add the questline for it so then claimed that it was supposed to be like that. Odds are the developers there are too incompetent to implement the features of Unlimited into Veracent, since they can't just copy and paste it, so they're just going to get rid of it.

I don't have unquestionable faith in the GMs at all - I'm just saying that compared to 2-3 years ago, the support is a lot faster with replies. Not actually helpful, but faster.

The whole game is a complete and utter mess and isn't really worth anyones time any more. The markets are ruined because NexonEU doesn't care about duping, and there is absolutely nothing to do past level 150.

So, I shouldn't have said great. You're right, things are less bad with GMs, but nowhere near great.