Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Due to popular demand Animal Crossing New Leaf gets its own thread.

Friend Codes:

In Animal Crossing New Leaf, you can visit each others towns, trade items, and play games together on tortimers island, so without further ado, a list of people playing the game.
    Southperry Name Friend Code Town Fruit Town Name
    Lozmaster1075-0741-4801PeachesImperia
    Polantaris0919-9813-1996PearsAsrincos
    案山子3454-0663-8951PeachesGreatlog
    Jon0962-9528-6731Peaches Kirkland
    RedRaven162680-9376-0757CherriesHezial
    Drift 2809 - 7554 - 7070PeachesOur-Town
    See1435 - 4157 - 8456PeachesWisteria
    Jedward5112-3636-6559OrangesWest Egg
    z0mgc00k130731-4922-3075PeachesEgford
    Remoir3823-9737-4133PeachesArland
    HeroDDC2578-3147-0056CherriesNew Bark
    Punch-Cherries-
    Aircalibur5069 - 3932 - 9481OrangesAltamira
    Untradeable3566-1957-7115ApplesLeafre
    yeahsureokuhhuh4296-4274-3712OrangesAgrestic
    SuperNerd1246 9205 1553PeachesPandora
    Doxinator2809-8208-3114OrangesEggyokio
    Highonmushrooms4141-2392-3393PearsHenesys
    Pyro 4382-2815-9489ApplesEverwood
    Niernen4639-9079-8376PearsGrandis
    Soph2578-3356-2346PeachesLadosary
    JPopBoi4398-9607-2533PearsRadiant
    Zerard3222-6015-1622OrangesSindain
    Jayshee0018-0885-8347ApplesAselia
    Solarboy1435-4110-0047PearsLarla
    Frostilyte3110-4549-4626PearsCitilyte

So, what changed from previous animal crossing games?
    The first person to play any copy of the game becomes the mayor of the town, and can make various changes to the town including bridges, benches, town clocks, and all sorts of things. (Thanks Polantaris!)

Tortimer Island is back from the gamecube game. No GBA required this time!

QR codes allow you to share designs and patterns.

Tons of new furniture and clothes.

You can swim, and fish will move away from you if you get too close! Next gen gaming is here!

FAQ/Newbie hints

Choosing your characters face

The determine which face your character has depending on the choices you make in the questions you are asked immediately after making a character. You CANNOT change this once you have answered (though hairstyle/eye colour can be changed later, and aren't affected by your choices).

Consult this chart and make sure you get the one you want!
    http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Face+Guide

The money Rock

In animal crossing, once per day, a random Rock in your town will throw out money if you hit it with your shovel. This is a good way to make money money when you're starting out, because if you do it right, you can get a free 10000+ Bells in a day for a few minutes work.

Other Money Sources: Fruit, Seashells
    The other way you earn money early on is to harvest fruit from around your town, and seashells from along the shoreline.

You should sell any items to "Re-Tail" the brand new store to animal crossing which is run by a pair of Alpacas. They give you 20% more bells for items than the Nook twins running the traditional store.

Fruits are worth 5 times as much if you visit other peoples towns where they aren't the native fruit! And vice versa, you can bring fruits back from other peoples towns and plant them in your own to make a ton of Bells. Fruit trees take 3 days to grow, and 3 days to regrow fruit after harvesting.

These aren't the only money sources, but they require nothing else, you can also get money from...

Insects hunting, Fossil Fuels and Fishing Fun, Oh my

There are a number of other things you can do in your animal crossing town, which require you to first earn a few bells and buy an item from the Nook twins shop.

To capture insects, you need a net. Insects float around your town, varying by time of day, day of the week, and even season.

To Dig Up fossils, you need to look for a star shape on the ground (~4 appear per day) and use a shovel there.

To capture fish, you either need a fishing rod, or a swim suit to dive for fish. In either case, you look for black spots on the water and use all your cunning to catch them (i.e. I don't actually have a fishing rod or swim suit to write a proper description on how to catch fish in New leaf yet , I'll get on this soon).

Now, you might have noticed there is a museum on the far left of main street. This is run by Blathers the owl, who accepts donations of Insects, Fish, Paintings and identified fossils for display in the museum. Speaking of which, before fossils are worth anything, you'll need to take them to Blathers to have him identify them for free.

You can either sell your things for bells at Re-Tail/Nooks or donate them to the Museum, and build a huge collection there. Blathers doesn't take doubles of anything, so any repeats should be sold for Bells (Or donated in other peoples towns!)

Play Coins and Fortune Cookies
    Each fortune cookie costs you two play coins, and at least initially, you can only get one a day.

Despite what Iron man 3 might lead you to believe, these fortune cookies aren't empty and full of lies. They contain a fortune, which when you bring back to the Nooklings, will give you a nintendo themed item from a list of ~50 items.

Some trailers.
    Spoiler

doodlemuffins
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2013-09-29 at 05:12 PM. Reason: to bump the thread :p

2. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

My 3DS friend code is 0919-9813-1996. My town name is Asrincos, and my starting fruit is Pears.

You can set up public works projects for bridges, benches, town clocks, and all sorts of things. I'd give a full list that's available to me right now, however Isabella is being a **** because there's a Bug-Off going on so that apparently means no work can be done all day even though it takes a few minutes and the competition lasts nine hours. The worst part is that she doesn't even seem to be competing, so what's her beef?

Honestly my biggest issue with the game right now is how often the game tells you to wait a day. It's all the time. My friend has been telling me that it wasn't this way with other AC games, but I have no way to know if that's true or not. Either way, it's really bothering me. Every time I turn around I have nothing I can do because I have to wait, and half the shops don't even open for over a week, more if you don't do things exactly as expected. I don't want to time skip, but they almost make it mandatory for the first month.

3. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Friend Code: 3454-0663-8951

Town Fruit: Apples

Town Name: Greatlog

Nice tip on the rock in town by the way. Just got Triple Red Shells from my Fortune Cookie as well.

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

My FC is 0962-9528-6731, town name is Kirkland, and my fruit is peach.

5. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

This is my only real issue with the game, too. I'd really love to progress with building my home but having to wait a day to get things started is tedious. :( I mean, it's realistic, but I have so much free time that I'd rather not wait. /scurries off to play HeartGold and Fire Emblem: Awakening in meantime

6. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Holy crap, that money rock just gave me 8.1k!

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

I still use the old fashion trick to get max bells from the "Money Rock".

8. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Megathread indeed.

I've been playing the hell out of this game, especially since I've been a big fan of the series since its GC days. I'm definitely leaning towards saying this is my favourite one in the series, just so much to do and get. Not that that means I don't have a few complaints. One of my biggest complaints is: Redd. I think it's freaking ridiculous that there are over 20 pieces of art, and you can only buy one from him whenever he visits, PLUS he just seems to come whenever the hell he feels like. I thought this wouldn't be a problem whenever he got his own shop in the shopping district, until I found out he doesn't get one. What the hell? The guy who sells works of art that the museum needs and some I even want in my home, that you can only buy one of when he visits doesn't get a place, but Katrina does just to tell your fortune? Seriously?

Also kinda hate how you just have to wait for whenever your villagers feel like suggesting a new project to build... don't get me wrong, I get it, it wouldn't be fun or cool if you could just build everything from the start, but maybe they should've made it so you could ask your villagers if they wanted anything new built or to be considered as a third dialogue option or something; in the 40-50 hours I've played I've only had 3 new projects suggested. I really want to build a police station so I know when special visitors are in town, but nope, gotta wait until someone suggests it.

Anyways, I'll put my info later, as I can't look it up currently. Also, just to let everyone know, I do TT. I know to some people who play the game that that's taboo, but that's just how I enjoy and love to play the game. It's just preference really.

9. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

my fc is 2680-9376-0757
    And if you find a fish with a fin sticking out of the water it will sell for some pretty nice bells, highest I know of is like 8000 bells for a hammerhead.

10. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

FC: 2809 - 7554 - 7070
    Fruit: Peaches
    Town Name: Our-Town

This is definitely my favorite in the series thus far, although it has its problems. As mentioned above, it's very tempting to time travel due to the limited number of shops initially and the time required to unlock successive upgrades for them (still waiting on the Nook shop upgrade so I can get a slingshot). As it is, I just unlocked the garden shop - I understand wanting to introduce things slowly and that this is meant for more casual play, but I'd like it if they were introduced quicker. On the other hand, it does promote casual play. Also, if you got a new thing every day the game might become boring quickly.

Public Works - I like the addition, although I feel (as mentioned above) that the selection is limited in the beginning. I already have a second bridge, campsite and the well - nothing else currently appeals to me. Also, I feel the positioning is rather annoying. I couldn't place the bridge where I originally wanted it because a villager's house was on one side, and the well couldn't be placed near the campsite due to spacing issues (even though I feel I had enough space on the side). Basically, I feel a better way to place your public works would be nice (maybe a grid system, even though that doesn't fit with its art style).

Probably the best way to get bells I've found so far is the island (which you can access 2(?) days after you upgrade your tent into a house. Bug hunting/fishing there is a good 100-200k bells per trip. Even better if you have the Bell Boom Ordinance.

Just so people know - if you want to share/receive custom patterns through QR codes, you need to first unlock the machine by talking to Maple (the one working at the sewing machine) for 7 days straight. Not sure why it isn't standard / comes with an upgrade of the shop.

Random tip: Even if you don't have a slingshot, you can knock balloons down if you have a net - you can hit it as it dips down from the mainland/cliff to the beach.

Finned fish - The shark sells for 15,000

Gotta wait another week for first K.K. song...am sad

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I find it funny how one of the mayor laws or whatever actually benefits Time Traveling, especially since a lot of people seem to shame on the mechanic.

12. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

FC: 1435 - 4157 - 8456
    Fruit: Peaches
    Town Name: Wisteria

This is actually my first 3DS game and probably the only one I'll download straight on because I know it will never loose play value.
    I don't have much to contribute just yet since I just picked it up today, but I'm loving the 3D graphics and town set ups.
    I played the HECK out of the last DS game and this one is just as good with more features. I got the Wii one as well, but I played it for about a week and quit because.. System animal crossing just isn't right to me. Handhelds are easier to take wherever and I feel like the casual style of this game doesn't work anywhere but a handheld.
    I like the slow progression and won't be fast forwarding. I'm going to keep my town as realistic as possible and enjoy it no matter how slow things trug along. If I get bored, then I'll just say I'm done for the day or moment. I like that about this game.
    Last edited by See; 2013-06-15 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Remade town. NOW PERFECT WITH FAVORITE FRUIT! YUS

13. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

The real verteran way of rock profit (besides the fact that i had an upper hand with Bell farming because I owned a gba/gc connector and abused the islanders charity) also imported coconuts to my own town in GC version.

once I pick up the 3ds, this game is defiantly on my to get list.

14. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Jedward|5112-3636-6559|Oranges|West Egg

gogog

15. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Heads up guys, going to the island after about 7pm is money heaven. Beetles and stags spawn like crazy, and they're almost all worth a lot. Stock up on enough golden stags and you'll be filthy rich without even trying.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Yeah, my sister told me about "Money Island" after 7pm. Of course my stupid Nook shop never sold the bug net until TODAY, so I've been missing out on it for a while.

Also, I'm assuming everyone is buying the Fortune Cookie everyday, correct? Getting them Nintendo items.

17. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

I've had a losing fortune 3 days in a row now. :(

18. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

But them brown pots are so good...

19. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

z0mgc00k13|0731-4922-3075|Peaches|Egford

woo animal corssing

20. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Huh, lots of people getting peaches as their starting fruit. How odd.

I don't think I'm going to time travel this, I'm busy enough that half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening to fish/gather seashells/etc is all I have time for, so I'll just let the town develop naturally. I can totally see why you would want to though.