Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Could probably trade it with somebody. Majora's Mask is pretty valuable to people online from what I can tell.

2. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Trust me. You like Harvest Moon? You'll love this. A bit less "farming" but way more customization.

Btw guys, I'll release my FC and other info in a few. A week has passed in my town, so I'll now be having guests to join me~

3. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Does anybody know if you fail quests if you leave the game? I'm supposed to meet one of my neighbors at 1pm, and in the meantime I was thinking of playing something else but I'm afraid I'll ''forfeit'' the quest or something.

4. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

If you miss an appointment you scheduled with villagers, they may briefly get upset or mad for a second, but that's about it. I'll usually accept almost all favors and tasks from villagers, but I almost never accept to meet them at my house or theirs, cause it's just annoying. Having to drop everything I'm doing, run to the house, go inside and then basically talk to them for a minute before you or they leave. They'll send you a letter with a gift in the mail the next day, but I just don't find it worth my time.

Also, on the topic about Majora's Mask: I was under the impression that the shading on the mask was intentional, making it so that no matter which way you turned, the mask looked evil and menacing on you. If you look at a lot of the promotional art for the game itself, you'll see that in a lot of the pictures with the mask, a part of it is always obscured in darkness.

5. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

I would be inclined to believe this if it weren't for the noticeable artifacting on the edges no matter where you're facing, and the ''shading'' looks really choppy/glitchy. If it's intentional they did a really horrible job with it. :/ I still wear it though.

6. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Oh I agree, I was just saying I thought the "evil" shading was intentional. It's still ugly as pomegranate. I have one, but it's just sitting in my storage. I've got a lot of the Nintendo items, but only a few of them I've really liked.

The Nintendo items I have currently are:
    Green Shell
    Fire Bar
    Wii Balance Board
    Metroid x2
    Coin
    Master Sword
    Star
    Coin Block
    Triforce
    Link's Hat
    Link's Tunic
    Samus' Helmet
    Samus' Varia Suit
    Fi Mask
    Majora's Mask
    Mushroom Mural
    Virtual Boy
    Red Pikmin Hat
    Blue Pikmin Hat
    Yellow Pikmin Hat
    Pikmin Flower Garden
    Big Falcon
    Bullet Bill Blaster

All pretty cool stuff... the thing I want the most is the Dolphin miniature replica.

Also, as I said I would put up earlier, here's my info:
    FC - 1246 9205 1553
    Town Name - Pandora
    Town Fruit - Peaches, however I also have Cheeries and Pears

7. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

The S.S. Dolphin? If so I have it!

Edit: Welp, if the S.S. is what you were referring to maybe we could trade?
    Last edited by 案山子; 2013-06-18 at 01:28 AM.

8. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

From what I was reading online, every daily reset includes 2 furniture items in trees, as well as up to 5 beehives/bees. Bees are worth 2,500 a pop, but are a little hard to catch. People make fun of you if you fail and talk to them (they make fun of your face), they're rather rude about it.

So far my experiences have supported the above numbers, though. I always get 2 furniture items and 5 beehives a day.

9. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Yup.

2 Furniture, 5 Beehives, 4 Fossils, 1 Money Rock, and I think 1 gem rock but not sure on the last one yet.

Edit: Changed my Town Tune to be Stone Tower theme from Majora's Mask. The town bell ringing the hour using it is the most gorgeous thing I've ever heard.

10. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

The Club Tortimer registration is so amazing. Public islands seem to have more rare fish and bugs.

11. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

I haven't tried out membership yet. Today is my first day of island access and I luckily got the membership AND black diving suit on sale.

I'm afraid of finding mean people.

12. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Friend Code: 2809-8208-3114

Town Name: Eggyokio

Native Fruit: Oranges

Send me a message if you add me :] Always looking to play with more people! :D Been enjoying the came so far. So far in the past week it has rained 3 nights...which is good for my wallet with the Colencanth :] Just started working on my lighthouse, and then I get my basement tomorrow :] Loving this game so far! Definitely has some nice new features :]

13. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Dammit I want this game.

14. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

I've added everybody so far.

15. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Also added everyone so far, just don't have access to wireless during the week.

In other news, tarantula hides in a grove of trees and ambushes me.

16. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Server: Windia
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

For anyone who is too lazy/ does not have a Bestbuy near them:

To get the downloadable furniture content from the comfort of your own home, simply change the SSID of your router to "Bestbuy". It must be spelled this exact way for it to work. Now go to your 3DS settings and re-configure your internet settings to match your "new" router changes then boot up AC to accept the gift at the post office as you would with regular DLC content. When your receive your item you can re-configure your router back to its usual SSID. This method apparently just tricks the game into thinking your are getting content from a legit Bestbuy service and will work for the current item (Raccoon clock) and later Bestbuy related items, provided that Nintendo doesn't ninja patch this.

If anyone has trouble finding their router configuration settings, the usual address for most models is: 192.168.1.1 (enter into the address bar and provide user/password for your router)

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about: http://acnewleaf.com/2013/05/24/excl...nintendo-zone/
    Last edited by Lamato; 2013-06-19 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added a little more information + link

17. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Note: you can also do it by using your phone as a hotspot and naming it the same thing, for those of you who don't want to fiddle with your routers :P

Friend code: 4141-2392-3393
    Town name: Henesys
    Fruit: pears

I love this game, but can someone tell me something? Will any of my town residents actually donate to my public work projects or is it just me paying for them...

18. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I don't think the animals will but it lets your friends help pay.

19. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

Ah ok, in that case everyone should come to my town and pay off my bridge

Added everyone who posted their FC so far :)

20. Default Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf megathread: The economy of Bells, Fruit and Turnips.

They donate, but the amounts are so small that you will be doing 99, if not 100 percent of the fundraising yourself.