Thread: Awesomenauts

1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Awesomenauts

Why there's no thread for this game already? This need to be fixed NOW!

What is Awesomenauts?

There are now up to 14 Awesomenauts to choose!
    It is now compatible with Linux!
    Steam site

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Patch 1.20
    New Awesomenaut:
    Ayla

Notes:
    Major fixes
    - New players now get a lower rating and league in the leaderboards, so that they start in league 9 (or sometimes maybe league 8) instead of in league 5. This rating decrease gradually disappears in their first 30 matches. This counts total matches finished in ALL seasons, not per season.
    - NEW SEASON STARTED! Since this changes the scores of all new players, a new Season is started, making the previous Season extremely short!
    - Matches now update their league based on who is in the match. So if a match is started by a league 3 player and then a league 1 player joins, the match changes into a league 2 match, instead of remaining a league 3 match as before.
    - Made some improvements in Season transition code, hopefully fixing the issue that some people were shown in the leaderboard as if they had played a very large number of matches and had a very low win percentage.
    - Fixed that an incorrect leave penalty was sometimes applied.
    - Fixed that anti-cheat code would sometimes incorrectly think there was a speedhack happening and would then quit the game.

Complete notes with balancing & other fixes.

Steam player? Post your Steam ID!

Chew

2. Default Re: Awesomenauts

I like Awesomenauts, it's a fun game. It doesn't come anywhere close to having the depth or replay value of Dota or LoL, though.

My favorite character is Vinnie and Spike - I love the flash farm and heavy burst damage. You can suddenly jump into a fight, blinding everyone and hitting them for 100+ damage in an instant.

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Awesomenauts

I play awesomenauts, but its so dead at night(PST)

prefer playing clunk(snare SD ftw) or yuri. can deal playing with vinnie, raelyn or ayla

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I played it for an hour or two and found it really boring. It simply doesn't have the balance that LoL does. In every single game I played there would be a player using a character only unlocked by being a much higher level, who would absolutely snowball out of control to the point we couldn't even damage them. I was a brand new player playing against characters with experience, who knew the hiding spots, strategies and everything else. The community is just as bad as LoL's is as well, except Awesomenauts throws you right in there, while LoL pairs you up against players your own level.

I just don't like it. I'm glad I got it in an indie bundle and didn't spend full money on it.

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Yup, that's one of the major fixes there were in this patch.
    I would recommend you to start a few matches at Practice with half-level difficulty bots.

6. Flatpanel TV
    usa

pretty much. When i got my cousin to start playing, i played private matches with him. he obliterated his first real game afterwords.

7. Default Re: Awesomenauts

I was rank 2 for a while a couple of months ago, but I haven't really played it much lately. Might get back into it sometime soon, though new 'nauts don't really affect me since I pretty much exclusively play Bee Gnaw and Disco Voltar.

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

How about I recommend you to play League or Dota?

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

I play LatinAmerican LoL :D
    But Awesomenauts it's like my steampipe when I get bored, and whenever I feel to play a maplestory/moba-esque.

10. Default Re: Awesomenauts

I won it in a contest and had a similar experience. It was always this flying monkey thing that killed me over and over when I was playing the uh... gunslinger guy. I don't like the matchmaking system at all.

11. Flatpanel TV
    usa

Unlocking characters requires a few hours at most. its not like you have to pour a full 24 hours to get them

and technically, one of the strongest characters just happens to be one of the default ones, Froggie G

12. Default Re: Awesomenauts

Awesomenauts takes less time and is way easier, so I play it on the side.