Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

So far:

I have a 6% dex pendant as well. I still need to get scrolled empress, and an evo ring III. Planning on getting those in the coming week. I think that's really it though, I might get some %dex earrings.

2. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

You're not, but hey, same could be said about every other class too and Xenon didn't drop to the bottom tier at least.

3. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

What am I doing? Reserved the closest IGNs I could get to Harpuia, Aeolus and Alisa / AlisaB. I don't really care about items, with its inherent damage I can do most stuff but try the biggest bosses.

4. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

Except that with the case of Xenon, it's already happened. And with good reason.

You didn't see Xenons in every KMS boss solo video for nothing, after all.

5. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

Beats me, and people playing Thieves/Pirates would have an advantage if their equips had allstat%. SP isn't representative of everyone but most seem to only have 'prepared' what they already had so it's not as big of an issue unless they're going for perfected legendary Xenon weapons too, and Xenon still has a lot of advantages over other classes even after the nerf which could be a deal breaker for some.

For my part I couldn't take advantage of my Phantom's gear because almost all of it is pure LUK%. Meh.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Xenon Preperations

I think people who are funding it just because it's an OP class probably shouldn't. People who enjoy the class should definitely fund it though.
    It looks pretty fun to be honest, I can see why would people would want to main it, but some people don't care about fun and only want damage.

Also, very important:
    There is no way of telling what the Xenon will be like that we get. We are getting updates from KMS really early now. For example, the VPQ area we are getting in this patch is one that was added to KMS just a few patches ago from what I remember.

If xenon is being released, we might be getting the already nerfed version. Because why should they release the OP one to us now when they already have the nerfs coded in KMS? they know it's going to be nerfed eventually, so why not send the balance changes over before the class is released. makes sense.

7. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

Once again, my thoughts exactly.

8. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

Because making them overpowered at first is their strategy. I'm full sure the moment they think of a new job they are already thinking of the ways it will be nerfed months later. They only make them that strong to pull as many players into a bandwagon and spend NX. If NexAm released the balanced version less people would spend money on this job. They'd be going against their business model making its release useless from the start.

Mind someone telling me whats wrong with this? So many dislikes.

Could it be "hur dur Xenon is much stronger, Demon Avenger sucks hur dur"?

9. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

It's a topic about Xenon, not Demon Avenger. I find Demon Avenger strong too and HP recovery is neat but that goes into a different topic since this is a post for people to talk about Xenon.

10. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

It's most likely due to a similar case that we had from... er... past experiences. Certain people wanting Unlimited purely for Xenon. Only now... it's for Demon Avenger in this case.

Personally, I wouldn't fret or complain (since I, myself prefer Avenger over the former). We know it's coming- people simply must learn patience.

11. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

I have a name I guess that's it? All my characters have crap gear so i don't plan any good gear etc in advance. My only plan is 120 and that's it. if i enjoy it i'll play more.

Well there are the titles for the 1st and 2nd-20th. That might mean something to some people.

12. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Default Re: Xenon Preperations

I... reserved a name. Most of my characters are fairly self-sufficient; I find it takes too long to transfer everything for funding, except for mesos of course.

On another note, how'd you get that UI early? o_o

13. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

How do you get that : Has a 100% chance to upgrade Potential-tier when using a cube?
    Does it doo what it says it does or ...?

14. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

They're from those Equipment boxes in Root Abyss, and yep, they do what they say. I used two miracle cubes to get each of them to unique (kept the 6% all stats), and then used a super cube to get the one overall to legendary. Cubed over it twice and stuck with the 12% luk haha.

15. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

He's on MSEA i'm guessing

16. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

EMS just got Unlimited II

17. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

To a good approximation, you will gain 1000 stat points over 200 levels. Throwing in all the passives and rubbish, that might take you up to 1500-ish. An EQ with 45 S/D/L is equivalent to 3%ALL (as an approximate maximum) i.e. the equivalent of 15 ALL. To re-approximate, +1%ALL ~ 5 ALL as a minimum ratio, depending on how much %ALL and stats you have. Since your basic stat points are going to be evenly spread out over STR, DEX and LUK, it takes 3 lines of 3%STR/DEX/LUK to match a single 3%ALL.

In that light, PB and BPB EQ + C/HT + various EQ are pretty damn disgusting, but obviously you will face diminishing returns if you keep running the same thing because the going rate decreases steadily. IMO you shouldn't be going for %ALL on your weapons, but rather %DMG, %ATT and whatever else, to maximise the multiplicative increments (I call this square maximisation, but obviously it applies to multiple dimensions).

For the poorly funded, DRPQ weapons and tablets become extremely useful here. Not only because the tablets add ALL and WA, but in fact they add more than a standard scroll, and with a higher pass rate. Since Xenon weapons belong to the lower-damage class of weapons (e.g. compare a lvl 120 claw with a lvl 120 polearm), solid WA addition gives a stronger kick-off than %ATT.

To go further along this point, hyper-funded people can basically ignore this, but there's almost no excuse for un/low-funded people to ignore the Mystic Set [IT'S FREE!!!]. Each set effect gives 7 ALL and 6 WA, both of which are more valuable to Xenon than all other classes (HAHA take that, DA!). Hyper-funded people shouldn't get the Mystic set because of the low number of slots...

Goes without saying that a Helisium cape, if scrolled and enhanced well, is superior to an Empress cape. The 7th Empress set effect gives 15 WA, but if you're that funded, even a Nova cape with 3xPChaos and 5 enhancements give you in the order of 250-300 stat points and 25 WA. So what's the going rate of WA to stat points? With approximately 17 EQ slots (before pendant expansion) and a rough average of 20 ALL per EQ, you're looking at the order of 2500-3000 stat points at the funded region, before %ALL and other stuff. 300 stat points is about 10% of your total stat points, so you need to decide if 15 WA is going to be more (i.e. get the Empress) or less (i.e. don't get the Empress) than that 10% of your damage that the 250-300 stat points provide, which must mean that you have only 150 effective WA to start with...

tl;dr go for WA, ALL, %ALL and %ATT/DMG/wadever, and maximise all dimensions. Funded people, go do your stuff. Unfunded people, get DRPQ EQ, whatever %all/stat you can get from Extreme MP, and take advantage of the Mystic Set from Silent Crusade... takes only about a week to get enough coins for a full clean set.

Hadriel

18. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

If you research more and do some math you would understand that this was heavily needed. A level 200 xenon with no items and 200 w.att compared to a night lord (I know they're pomegranate but this was the example I used) with the same you would end up with 3x the range after adding boss dmg/total dmg into the picture, your skills would also deal more dmg and you would have a lot more useful things to bring like binding. The nerf knocks them down to around 2.2x the range of the current night lords, meaning they did not get heavily nerfed to garbage tier (phantom) but still nerfed to a more suitable spot for your skill set.

You will still however have a huge advantage in terms of hyper luk/dex/str & tyrant/nova gear, so even if you fund this char heavily you wont be totally useless.

19. Default Re: Xenon Preperations

Regardless, there will be loads, and loads of complaints. There is no denying that no one likes to feel weaker. In fact, the nerf affects the funded moreso than the nonfunded, as Xenon's damage formula were also adjusted in the nerf. If you were to think for a moment... then you'd realize just how much allstat% you would need to compensate for the loss.

All I'm trying to convey is that... well, be aware that there's a fine line in preparation, and... overpreparation. If you genuinly like the concept of Xenon, then go for it (like it was stated above). However, if you're doing simply because it's the 'new best, must dump my wallet into' class, then... well...

Also...

Really?