1. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Restarted computer now completely wiped and nothing works

First off, please know I am not tech savvy in the least, so I have no idea what I am doing. x-x

I left my computer on while I was at a soccer camp, so once i got home I decided to restart it. I usually just press the power down and kill it like that but I heard that wasn't good for the computer, so this is my first time actually doing a legit click restart instead of killing it and turning it back on. Don't know if that matters..

It turned back on fine, but the programs are all gone. (They are still present, but not functioning). Usually my computer starts up and a bunch of programs are already in use in task manager, but now it's at 0% usage and there is barely anything on it..
    The internet connection and such (hidden icons) near the right of my task bar are all gone.
    I don't know what it's called, but the glossy windows are off and are boxy and monotone like old computers. The task bar, tops of windows, etc.
    System restart will not work.
    I don't know how to get my internet back besides pulling it up by the hidden icon, but I'm willing to bet it is disabled as well.

This is pretty scary; is there any way to remedy it?

EDIT: I restarted a few different ways a few different times and it randomly worked once. Sketchy.. but hopefully it was no big deal and I'm back to normal.
    Last edited by See; 2013-06-13 at 11:03 PM.

2. Default Re: Restarted computer now completely wiped and nothing works

I'm pretty sure you just started in safe mode.