IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

So Wario may have been accidentally revealed.

It doesn't really say anything to me but it's funny nonetheless.

3. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

Hmm.

Hopefully those menus have multiple layers, that's worryingly light looking on content otherwise.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I agree. It looks like the only reason to have the 3DS version is for really accessible online play, or for linking to the wii u version which might not even be important since equipment and custom skills is most likely banned from tournaments anyway.

Of course this could be a good thing. Less content on 3DS version = more wiggle room for extra fighters.

5. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

To be honest, I'm not even sure what we're looking at in the picture.

The bottom menu screen suggests it's the one player menu.

Online and Smash run speak for themselves. Challenge will probably be the wall of achievements type thing from brawl/kid icarus uprising.

Either "Smash" then contains the classic/adventure/all star modes (if they exist.... they had better do!), and I guess games & more contains the trophies and trophy minigame/break the targets/etc.

Worst case scenario is the smash button is just multiplayer and there's no singleplayer other than fighting cpus, which would probably be a dealbreaker for a lot of people (enough to wait for the wiiu game anyway).

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

The bottom picture is for smash run. It just details what you do when you go into each menu option. I can't imagine it would show anything important on the bottom screen for the main menu though.

7. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

Probably not, but the first screen has smash run highlighted, and the 2nd is smash runs description which says "fight 3 cpus!" which is why I'm assuming everything there is the single player menu. Because that would be a silly thing to say otherwise (...unless it has no multiplayer for smash run, but I'm pretty sure we've seen multiplayer footage)

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I think everything related to multiplayer is in the online section since the only way to connect with someone in the first place is through wifi, so yeah everything is single player.

You would probably have smash run and everything else available there though. Online will be populated no problem so it's less of a problem in my eyes to have majority single player content when most of the single player options are multiplayer also.

9. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

There will undoubtably be a local wireless mode though. Given that the 3DS can't access a wifi connection and directly connect to other 3DSes locally at the same time, and that I can't think of a single other 3DS game that doesn't split the local/online options up beforehand, I suspect the same will happen here.

We'll just have to wait and see though, it's not something worth debating.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Why does everyone think it's always a debate?????????? I'm obviously not saying "no, this works like this etc and here's why", we're just f'ucking discussing how we think the UI and multiplayer will work?

I didn't know that wifi connection =/= local wireless though. Wonder if it just connects automatically or something...? I haven't played my 3DS in years. I actually have to go buy a charger the same day i buy smash3DS since i lost it.

11. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

Uh, isn't that exactly what a debate is? Anyway
    It's most obvious in animal crossing: new leaf where you have to disconnect from the internet to open your village to visitors locally, or vice versa. Another example is how pokemon completely loses it's online connection every time you close your 3ds, because it automatically goes in to local wireless mode looking for streetpasses and the pokemon programmers didn't think to disable it, giving an error every time you do it.

edit: also nintendo is streaming smash wii u from SSDC at the moment.
    http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo

edit again: and now it's just a bunch of people talking, oh dear.

12. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

When I played Pokemon at the mall, I got a lot of local people showing up. I'm assuming you can just play with anyone that is close by and exchange Miis or whatever.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I kinda meant to make it sound more aggravated since that's how you all probably view me as when i post.

That 3DS tournament tho. Yoshi vs toon link right now. Kind of meh that it's the E3 version and not a much more recent version of the game but it's still interesting.

14. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

All (most?) of Sakurai's games have multi-layer menus.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i don-t like how it looks, might be because of the circular button

16. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

17. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

Nihon strikes again

18. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

Surely at this point the 3DS game is basically done and whatever isn't included in the builds is done by sakurais choice rather than being unfinished.

There's what, 8 weeks until the game launches in japan, and then they need to leave time to print/ship the actual game cards. At best they have 6 weeks of dev time, and if anything major isn't done yet, I would be worried if I were them.

19. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

I'm aching to see the full roster. Sadly, that's all I look forward to regarding the 3DS release in October.

And that's if Sakurai hasn't revealed them all by then.

20. Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Discussion

I think the dev team has said that they've been essentially done with development for a few months now, everything is just debugging and small tweaks based on feedback from E3/the invitational.