Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: [TV Shows] Legend of Korra

1. Default Re: Legend of Korra

The definition Wiki uses isn't the best (I mean....it is from urban dictionary). A better description of queer baiting is when a character acts as if they could possibly be queer, but for all intents and purposes they're still straight. There's been no serious indication that Korra is anything but straight except for Asami. Asami is the only incident in which it has been even remotely hinted that Korra could be bisexual or a lesbian. It's still possible she might be queer, but I really can't see it with the completely lack of information we've been given.

Spoiler

2. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Legend of Korra

Spoiler

3. Default Re: Legend of Korra

To be fair, the entire season and the finale for Book 3 had a lot of signs for the Korrasami deal to even exist. The ones I can think of off the top of my head:
    - How Asami cared for Korra when she was initially injured.
    - How Korra only wrote back to Asami, and none of her other friends.
    - A LOT of awkward looks and weird stuff like that throughout the season (there's plenty of gifs by the supporters of it).
    - The ending.

It's not exactly like it came out of no where and there were plenty of indications towards this throughout the season. And just because Asami is the only character that they made these indications towards, it's not like there were any other major female characters that were Korra's age. Who else was she supposed to get involved with? Lin? Suyin? Kuvira? There's pretty much no other characters for any kind of other major influence. As you mentioned, all the other male characters were involved or were Mako, who you state yourself didn't exactly work out with Korra. And there were no other female characters that were reasonable candidates.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason they didn't kiss at the end is because Nick wouldn't let the artists/writers/etc do that.

4. Default Re: Legend of Korra

And now I am really upset that it's all over.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zucker...egend-of-korra

Someone else posted this on /r/thelastairbender and I think it fits

This was also very nice of them to do.

Spoiler

5. Default Re: Legend of Korra

They did the thing. I'll sum up my reaction with the best Avatar gif

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I'm still so hyped over THE THING that it hasn't really sunk in yet that the avatar series is over for the foreseeable future, especially with such a tantalizing ending that i'd love to see continued.

I hope they release comics to continue Korra's story after the Aang ones are finished.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Guess the speculators were right that the ending would be good. Overall I felt the series was kinda hit or miss (some of season 1, definitely season 2 being the misses), but the ending was rather satisfying. I was only disappointed there wasn't an epic Super Spirit Avatar fight, but then again Earth Hitler was only human and not super beefed up like Comet Ozai. It does show character development in that Korra wasn't soloing Kuvira, but it was a team effort. It was cool showing how powerful everyone became. slicing through and bending a skyscraper on the mecha? Very cool. I felt bad for Asami, since I knew the moment her father wanted to redeem himself he had a high chance of dying. I didn't expect such a gruesome death though.

Implied lesbian couple I was amused they let that through; it's like a final middle finger to Nick. I read on 4chan (yes it's silly to listen to them) that in a way this became a shield for Korra from further criticism because apparently hating/disliking Korra now means you got a problem with a gay main character. <---- Not meant to be taken seriously.

Best bits: Swolin, Zhulick (I've no idea what's their pair name) doing the things. Meelo's fricking FACE.

I'll put this finale about on par with Aang's ending. ATLA had a more poetic and beautiful end, but Korra arguably had a more fitting end since she completely went through her character development unlike Aang. I'd say if we can ever get a remade/abridged version of Book 2 for Korra, I'd say the series would be almost as good as ATLA. If Nick didn't meddle with Korra so much, I'd dare say it could've been way better than ATLA.

Thanks for the ride, Bryke.

8. Default Re: Legend of Korra

It was a bumpy ride. The music was incredible in this finale as well as everything else. It is sad that The Legend of Korra is over.
    I'm glad they didn't stick to the original 12 episodes, but expanded to 4 books. What an amazing show this is.

I wish Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante Dimartino the best of luck in their future endeavours. Adieu.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

To add to Spadow's above post: Seychelle Gabriel (the voice of Asami) also linked to that Vanityfair article.

Also this reaction video, the reaction to the ending is just.. yeah.

My reaction was very similar. Only with less screaming.

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk