4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Fashion is weird.

i have wondered for ages how these guys earn any money.

i mean seriously, who BUYS these things?

5. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

My mind is spinning.
    Who the heck would design those hideous things?

6. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

I believe no one actually does - these are just "concepts" that are worked into tamer, more realistic and wearable pieces.
    For example, the big raspberry looking sweater is enlarged to show off the patterns that would be incorporated into an actual sweater.

I have no words for the second piece though.. LOOOOL
    Last edited by Kyuu; 2013-06-09 at 02:44 PM. Reason: grammar l0l

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

from the same fashion show:
    Spoiler

I believe the theme is "Pink, Knitted and Nonsensical"

8. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

They got the Nonsensical part right.

9. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

Well, this is not something often said of fashion runway shows, but that looks super comfy xD Like a snuggy!

10. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

Nicki Minaj wore something similar in one of her movies (first pic). Honestly I'd totally wear one those sweaters :)

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

@FrozNlite

Fashion opinion please.

12. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

This. These are all highly conceptual designs that 99% of the time aren't meant for and never make it to actual stores. Every form of art has different sub categorizations, from classically enjoyed pieces (such as the Mona Lisa, 1812 Overture and Top 40 radio, the cheeseburger, blue jeans) to the incredibly abstract and conceptual, meant to stretch the form through novel sparks of imagination (such as Picasso/Salvador Dali, Gustav Holst's "The Planets", chocolate soup, these fashion designs).

At the end of the day, art is an individual experience, and so enjoy indulging in whichever fits your fancy. Yes, most probably wouldn't buy or wear these pieces, but they're an intriguing display of the limitlessness of fashion's form, and are therefore well received as an artistic endeavor akin to producing something for a modern museum.

So again, they're usually not mass produced for sale. Fun fact: a sizeable chunk of fashion seen on runways doesn't make it to the stores even if the pieces aren't as "out there" as these for that very reason: they're not what people would buy. No worries, the industry knows what y'all will pick up and what you'll scoff at, which is why you've never seen knits like these for sale anywhere.

Last bit: if you have 17 minutes and are fascinated by conceptual avant garde high fashion, check out the great Alexander McQueen's final full collection before he passed, named Plato Atlantis. This is a show by all definitions of the word, given how he turns his models into literal denizens of the deep by placing two deep-sea cameras on the runway looking at them. Oh, and for Lady Gaga fans, you'll (a) recognize "Bad Romance" at the end (this was it's global debut, before it was on the radiowaves and iTunes), and (b) the final look in the collection is the one immortalized by Gaga in the "Bad Romance" video.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I feel like I learned something today.

No wonder I thought the fashion was weird, I have no understanding or appreciation for art. :P

14. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

Alexander McQueen...TO DIE FOR <3

15. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

The irony. A. McQueen is dead .-.

16. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I didn't mean it like that >_<! Again, art is subjective, being an experience enjoyed primarily by the individual. All I meant was that the limitlessness of art mirrors the infinite of human imagination, and as such it's important to approach it with an equally open mind so as to recognize, through the application of different perspectives, the artistic merit in each creation.

17. Default Re: Fashion is weird.

looks like a straight up Shin Megami Tensei monster

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

after that explanation, i'm actually happy that i "guessed" what these were (well, my explanation was more of like "a show were people that sell normal clothes try to outweird each other to draw inspiration from")