IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default The Last of Us

Mind, I would've TOTALLY preordered it MONTHS ago if it wasn't ONLY FOR THE PS3.

AHHHHHH..

DAMN YOU CORPORATE GREED. WHYYYY!?? IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE IS GOING TO BUY A PS3 NOW JUST GO GET THE GAME RIGHT BEFORE THE NEXT GENERATION.

Official Website: http://www.thelastofus.com/

Wiki: http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_of_Us_Wiki

Should I just watch Let's Play! on Youtubes, or try to avoid all of the spoilers until a PC port is released or someting months from now, if ever?

2. Default Re: The Last of Us

Naughty Dog is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Default Re: The Last of Us

I know .

4. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

In Last of Us news:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/0...t-of-us-review

It got a perfect 10 score.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!

Luckily I got a ps3 ^_^

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

It got 10s across the board. Even higher ratings than Bioshock Infinite.

6. Default Re: The Last of Us

Also Corn, I don't think it's getting a PC Port o.o

Umm.. I don't think anyone is going to buy a 700$ console in masses. Then again i was wrong with the PS3 too. But the PS3 is only 250$ in some places.

7. Proton

Yep and unlike Bioshock Infinite no Xboxfanboy will be able to play it without a PS3. Which makes it even tastier than a 10. Maybe even a...11? Can these reviews go up to 11?

Nevermind, I guess they do.

Either way, if I get it day 1 physical, which I'm hoping for, I will probably be pissing my pants in fear for the entire duration of the game. Which will then turn into pissing my pants at the amount of shi't I'll probably have to do for all the trophies :P

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

You interpreted my post wrong, man. Might've been poor phrasing on my part though, but I thought the context was good enough.

9. Proton

Indeed, Corn meant that he felt it should have been multi-platform so he could've bought it.

My suggestion to you is that if you don't wish to invest in a PS3 that someday in the future you buy a PS4 since more than likely it will be released in some aspect for the PS4. Mind you after the PS4 is out price drops are pretty much on their way.

And I got my PS3 with all the Uncharted games for $199 CANADIAN when it was on an Anniversary sale at Walmart. So I'm sure if you tried you can get it for like $149 or $199 somewhere in the US or less. I mean, stuff there is like 30-40% cheaper than here normally :/

10. Default Re: The Last of Us

Jeeze...I didn't even know about this game, but going to Amazon to see comments and a description about it (Because honestly, that site by the developers does a pomegranatety job explaining the game), I saw Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia are coming out soon too. I have a reason to care about my PS3 again...

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I am a huge Uncharted 3 and Naughty Dog fan, so I have been eagerly waiting for The Last of Us for some time now.

Actually I went and preordered it today after I read the ign review. Very excited

12. Default Re: The Last of Us

So I know most people are preoccupied with the amazing Animal Crossing: New Leaf currently, but let's take a minute to turn the attention to another amazing game that just got released recently: why is no one talking about this game? I've heard people referring to the game as the PS3's magnum opus, and I gotta say... I totally agree. When I saw almost all of the big review sites giving this game perfect scores across the board, I admit I got a little nervous. Is it all just hype, or smoke being blown up our ass? How many of them were paid off? All these questions ran through my head, but I picked up my reserved copy on release day last Friday.

I played the pineapple out of this game. I just finished it last night, clocking in at about a total of 24 and a half hours long for me. I don't even know how to put into words all my feels for this game. If you're a Sony fan, a Naughty Dog fan, or even just a lover of games in general, you must play this game. It's absolutely fantastic. Some may disagree, and that's fine, but The Last of Us has definitely now slipped into my top 5 games of all time, and is definitely my favourite PS3 game.

When I picked up the game at Gamestop, I used some credit that I had stored on my card to reduce the cost (took off 30 bucks from the price), so I only paid, well, 30 bucks for the game. If I could, I would go right back up there now and give them the 30 dollars I took off, because Naughty Dog deserves every penny.

13. Default Re: The Last of Us

Spoiler

So I finish the game, and suddenly get that weird feeling and I can't get rid of it. This game was too good

14. Default Re: The Last of Us

Unfortunately I think I'm the only one who didn't love the game. I thought it was going to be exciting and fun but it ended up being a movie rather than a game. I realise now that this is my mistake because this is what it's now being advertised as. But man, I wanted to play a game, not watch a movie. It felt like another Zombie game to me and I was honestly expecting so much more. It was short too.

:|

15. Default Re: The Last of Us

The best time to buy a console is at the very end of its lifecycle.

It's cheaper, they've mostly fixed any hardware issues, and you have a decent amount of games to choose from.

But, it is so much more awesome to buy a console at launch so you can enjoy paying out the ass, enjoy the entire system failing or having no games to play.

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Thought the game looked really awesome, but from the lets play I watched, it looks kinda generic. I pretty much lost interest the moment I saw cover shooting.

The voice acting is good, the visuals are amazing. but it does nothing special in terms of gameplay.

17. Default Re: The Last of Us

I bought it on launch day, but haven't played too much of it. I got stuck pretty early on and didn't have the time to go back to it. I like what I had gotten through so far, though. If any of Naughty Dog's previous games are any indication, I'm going to love this game from them too.

18. Default Re: The Last of Us

I wonder...
    Who cried during the game?

I didn't. Their were some moments when I almost caught a tear in my eye...
    The story was very touching, but not as sad as what happened to
    Spoiler

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

You are spoiling the ending of an entirely story based game there, just sayin'.

20. Default Re: The Last of Us

I got upset during the beginning part of the game--those who have played know what part I'm talking about. I wasn't crying or anything, but I was definitely sad. But another part of me was just astonished by how quickly the game grasped me and made me care enough in so little time.

Don't know who you were watching, but they aren't going to make it through the game if they are just staying behind cover and shooting. Using your guns should be nothing but a last resort in this game, especially in the harder difficulties where it is extremely scarce and only somewhat useful (for the record, I played on the hardest difficulty). Letting off a shot in a room full of enemies, whether it be humans or the infected led to nothing but death and misery. With humans, the second you alert them of your presence, they will use tactics to make sure you're their next kill: I've had guys flank me, guys that distracted me while the others crept up on me, I had guys flush me out of cover... they're smart. And as for the infected... well, I almost NEVER used a gun against them, it's basically a death sentence, what with Runners relentlessly chasing you and grabbing you and Clickers using echolocation to stalk your movements and those guys are an instant kill. It's honestly more of a stealth-based game, with the option to use guns if you absolutely must.