Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

after reading so much, I am still loss at how paladin charge stacking work....

do we still need to alternate the charge for it to stack or what???

Can nexon give us a easier way to stack those elemental charge????

so confusing.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

charges are now attacks that give debuff effects to what it hits(fire = DoT burn, Ice = Slow, Lightning = Stun, Holy = Silence)

when a monster is debuffed, a follow up skill does extra damage(e.g when targets are burned, ice does extra damage, when targets are slowed, lightning does extra damage, when targets are stunned, holy does extra damage)

3. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

Nah lol I think Heros, Pallys and Dark Knights all need a boost, I have a DRK and a Pally also and I enjoy playing them too from time to time and I know they deserve to benefit just as much from all of this as well.

Also I didnt realize Enrage increased the atk speed thats kinda cool lol.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

You do realize that the current KMST Heroes are close to the top of the DPS charts right? Hell, they might even be above the current GMS version of Kaiser, which has been dominating the DPS charts since its release!

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

Hmm how about those buff like total damage, status resistance, damage reduction that come with element charge specialization?

Do we still need to alternate charge to get those buff?

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

Was just reminded of something. Would someone quickly verify if poison removes Orbs from Blessing of Darkness? It's a horrible effect but I guess...

Hadriel

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

I'm really curious to see what specifically makes arrow blaster so bad to use. In theory, it sounds fine: a hurricane that has more damage, aimability, and the ability to hit more than one creature, in exchange for loss of mobility. So other than the fact that it can't be kept active for more than 15 seconds at a time, how'd that end up so much worse off? Did they disable AFA on it? In all the videos I've found so far they've barely used the skill at all and just spam uncountable arrow, so in the 5 seconds it's used I can't tell what exactly is wrong with it, aside from being buggy in its current form.

Overall, I think a lot of the changes they made to BM's are rather good, with a few exceptions that are rather atrocious and that clearly need to be fixed before this leaves Tespia. 40% defense for 20 weapon attack is useless, and clearly needs a change. Wound shot seems fairly pointless, or at least extremely difficult to use effectively, as you'd have to predict when something is going to heal within 10 seconds before it does. Maybe if they changed it so that if used within a few seconds of a boss healing, it deals damage equal to 60% of the damage healed? Kind of disappointed that there's no changes to mortal blow: I for one do like the skill as it is now, since it's helpful with mobbing, sometimes turning 2-hit kills into 1-hit kills, but it would've been cool to see some added effect that could help with bosses. How that would work, I don't know, maybe just slap a passive damage dealt to bosses % increase onto it or something. I kinda wish puppet was still around in some form for BM's, but it does make sense with the new focus for it to be a marksman thing and not a bowmaster thing. Feels weird not to have arrow rain anymore as well, but I always felt that skill didn't really belong on an archer anyway, and uncountable arrow seems like a good tradeoff (albeit one you have to wait until 4th job for. At least inferno isn't redundant.).

Some of the things that I really like: the new mobility skills look great, having a faster and more adaptable jump should make positioning a lot easier(although I'm still kind of wondering what point there is to a downward jump), Steigeisen is great, giving another way to get around mobs without dealing with touch damage, and since it can be used midair as well, moving through maps quickly should be a ton easier and less annoying. All the skills that focus on giving greater and greater procs the more you attack are good, like concentration and armor piercing. Always wanted more ways to avoid seduce.

Quiver is one that could go either way; if it works the way I think it does, it's a great addition. If it just automatically cycles through each set of arrows as you use them up with each shot of hurricane(or arrow blaster, if that becomes a functional 4th job 1v1), it should be great. Magic arrows would essentially be a second AFA, poison arrows would give reliable DoT, and automatically switching between arrow types would mean you're not wasting any time constantly refreshing a DoT that's got plenty of duration to work with. Draining arrows provide an easy way to keep your hp up so that you can save pots for 1/1's and the like, and depending on how they're capped with hp recovery, I think I'll really like them. One of my biggest problems with drain arrow was that despite the fact that it's supposed to heal 50% of my maximum health, it really only healed about 15% because of not factoring in any HP boosts at all, including the 40% hp boost from spirit link(the fact that if it happened to activate mortal blow it only healed mortal blow's '5%' and not its '50%' made that even worse). Advanced quiver looks good, and really it looks fine if all it had was its passive effect. While the only real benefit to having the quiver size larger is that there's more time in between refreshing the DoT of the poison arrows, the amount of extra power added on to each arrow type looks significant. Magic arrows, when active, would occur as often as AFA, and cause more damage. The active effect seems less generally useful, but it's good for specific situations where you know you want one type of arrow much more than the other two, perhaps using only drain arrows at a heavy hitting boss or using magic arrows when you know you're safe and only need more dps. It'd be even more useful if it was a toggle instead of having only a 30-second period, though.

That's what I'm thinking so far with these changes for gameplay. As far as animations, I don't mind all the green. Green's always been the color of archers. The amount of blue they put into it seems strange, though, especially since blue was always the wind archer's big color. More red and gold wouldn't be bad, and aside from color schemes I think the animations themselves aren't bad.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

Nothing's wrong with it. It's just that every time they revamp I/L Archmages, it seems to be settled with "Buffed Chain Lightning". I think the last change that had any real effect was Glacial Chain. And then KMS decides to screw that up during 1.2.478 by effectively nerfing Chain Lightning. Now, at 1.2.479, they fixed the problem, but the end result is just the same Chain Lightning with greater attack power and different animation - which is what they do everytime they revamp us.

I do hope the invincibility thing works out though. There's a shocking amount of skills that just bypass Magic Guard nowadays.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

Yep. Every time you cast a different charge attack your stack goes up by one until it hits 5. Once it hits 5 it just stacks itself at 5 (Think of the shadower skill Flip of the Coin).
    The buff lasts for 8 seconds until you get advanced charge, at which point it will last 20 (when advanced charge is maxed).

10. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

No actually I didnt realize they were that high on the charts but that makes me really happy to know that, not a big fan of kaisers so Im glad that I can at least give them a run for their money.

Also glad their buffing Chain Lighting and giveing it a new animation, thats one of my most faveorite things about my I/L AM.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

A better video showing the skill:

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

More videos of Arrow Blaster. Seems like a better skill now but it needs more tweaks.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

Well, looking at the three videos posted above me, it looks like the delay for spamming Arrow Blaster seems to be 240 ms. That is about 4.2 arrows per second. For comparison's sake, Hurricane is 120 ms (or 8.3 arrows per second without AFA). Also, it's been noted a lot in this thread, but AFA doesn't affect Arrow Blaster which also hinders the hits per second besides the slower delay. The start up delay of 800 ms is also pretty slow, where as Hurricane barely had any at all.

Drain Arrow is like the original Drain on NL's before it was removed in Justice. Both only heal 50% of your base HP, not the total HP combined with % HP or static HP increases.

I'd like more red blended in for BM's skills since we're supposed to be about fire.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

That Easy Zak video looked like it had some FA triggers on Arrow Blaster. They looked Wind Archer-ish, though not as many since it's not, ya know, 5 arrows at a time?

Still, Blaster looks like a terrible attack. The arrows don't have enough range, it's not fast enough, and all those other problems other people talked about. But given that Battle Mages and then the warrior/magician patches were fixed up, there's still hope.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.479 - Archer Revamp and Warrior/Magician Skill Changes

That was from Arrow Cartridge's effect, which was another Final Attack. The original FA doesn't trigger on Blaster.

16. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

At least arrow blast seems to have amazing range, the BM was across the screen attacking the bosses at dojo, not even giving them a chance to attack back