1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Kaiser cards don't stack, so no it shouldn't stack.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

So the AB card doesn't stack either? Well that is pretty useless.

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It's better than a vast majority of cards still.

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

That is debatable until the third deck comes out, but I understand your point.

5. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

You're telling me the argument to win you over is the character card, which is why most people even bother making these classes?

6. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

The argument to win me over has not yet been made and as such I will probably just allow my decision to be made based on whether or not a character slot is given. I figure that getting 120 on my kaiser took 2 hours, and Xenon is supposed to be OP, right?

7. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

After that heavy nerf he isn't, which we will still probably get when he is released (but you never know with gms).But he is still capable of holding his own easily and getting to 120 should be a breeze

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default ... Bother making a Xenon?

It doesn't matter if he is op or not, 120 should only take 2 days at most.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I honestly see no reason to NOT make a Xenon asides from lazyass factor. The link / card will still help in some form even if it's not HP. Plus our character slots are now capped at 24, thanks to Sengoku.

10. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

You can just make one and leave it there until you feel like levelling it or deleting it for something else.

11. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

My reasoning is that it's time I could be spending on my Demon Avenger either moving toward 200/250 or bossing. It's not ALL laziness, although that does play a part.

Pretty much what I'm gonna do if I make one.

ANYWAY, my character slots are the main issue here. I have 13 currently (I missed quite a few events).

I have the following: Night Walker, Cannoneer, Mercedes, Demon Slayer, LOLJett, Phantom, Paladin, Luminous, Kaiser, Kanna, AB, Hayato. That is 12/13. I still have to make my Dark Knight as well as Demon Avenger and whatever sub-main I'm going to use. :/

12. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

What makes you think they will NOT give you a free char slot when DA comes out then? Same goes for Xenon.

But delete paladin if you dont use it for anything but the char card, 200-300 extra range is not worth keeping it.

13. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

I would lose my 3 warrior set temporarily (until my DRK or Hayato is 120), which isn't a fun time.

I am already weak enough WITH that set xD

Also, I suppose it could be noted that I could get the 3 Thief set with a Xenon in tow (or even pirate, if I level some random pirate). Idk what either set does though.

14. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Thief's max critical damage + 1/2/3/4% while Pirate is ignore DEF 2/4/6/8%.

15. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

So basically get pirate no questions asked? That means AB is getting 120 then... :/

16. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

T&C is a pretty useful link skill so why not? That depends on how your Unlimited works though, this deck effect would be effectively useless if the multiplicative PDR formula is used.

17. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

With monster park extreme being so stupidly overpowered it wouldnt take long to level a DRK right now. Just get it to 40 and then use the 5 tickets everyday, before you know it you're level 100 and you can delete your paladin. You can also do the same thing by lvling hayato then delete pala (assuming its above level 70 already).

3 Warrior set is probably okey for a demon avenger, but keep in mind it still goes by BASE HP and its nothing but added damage your final damage, not attack range. This means that if you were having 40k base hp with S warrior set (8%) you will be given 3,2k damage to each hit, if a skill does 10x hits you will be given 32k dmg in total. 100k hits become 103,2k hits and so on.

But warrior set is probably still better than the 7+ all stat sets.

You should go with this:

Set 1: Hayato, DRK & Demon Avenger
    Set 2: Demon Slayer, kaiser, kanna
    Set 3: AB, Xenon & Mechanic/Cannoneer (I know you dont have a mech, but when you get the char slot for it, do make one. 15% buff duration beats less exp lost on death from cannoneer. You can also remove ab for another pirate, seeing how dex means NOTHING to DA, but its only there to get the 6% PDR from pirate set)

Char cards change at level 100 when you get a job advancement, not at level 120. Level 120 is only for link skill upgrade if you really want it.

I wont be useless, its still good, just not as good as before.
    Last edited by Even; 2013-06-08 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added the last 2 quotes

18. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

As for the character card sets, I was thinking more along the lines of...

Set 1: DrK/Pala/DA
    Set 2: Kanna/DS/Kaiser
    Set 3: Cannoneer/Xenon/AB or Mech

Also just looked up Hayato, because I didn't know what it did. I suppose pally could be swapped for it.

Also, I considered making an Aran in order to help out HP recovery.

Also, replying to someone before, wouldn't Paladin be the be all end all for cards, considering it gives 1.5 Weapon Attack per level? Doesn't that end up to be +300 Weapon Attack at 200?

19. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Its not 1.5 w.att per level, its 1.5 RANGE per level. If you have a level 100 paladin S card and your demon avenger is level 200, you will gain 300 attack range and nothing more. This works with all multipliers unlike warrior set, which only adds damage to the final damage(even if it shows in your attack range it will not do anything but adding final damage).

Example Paladin card: S rank, your char is level 210.

Before adding paladin card: 10000 - 11000 attack range
    After adding paladin card: 10315 - 11315 attack range

Example warrior set: S rank, your char has 50k base hp (note this will display in your attack range but it wont effect it)

Before obtaining S warrior set: 100k damage per hit
    After obtaining S warrior set: 8% out of 50k based hp added to final damage from 100k to 104k per hit.

As you can see the warrior card isnt that great at all, its obviously way more useful on a demon avenger than other classes, but it will always count BASE HP, not final HP.

20. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Ohio

I must have misread the character card guide when it came to pally. Silly me.

Or maybe it was just unclear.