Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

@Girasol: I'd personally like Beemo as a pet.

2. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

I think I've seen enough of the NX population to say that people go for either cool or cute things, rather than 'funny'--which is what I'm assuming Adventure Time is supposed to be. I think people are underestimating the number of people who watch anime--the Facebook poll just proves that.

I don't know anything about adventure time to have a valid opinion on the possible content, but going by the raw numbers alone, would it not make more sense to implement things that appeal to the masses?

PS. I would like to see a Fate/Stay Night crossover.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

We're voting for what we want. Not what we assume the "masses" want. That's the point of polling.

4. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

I think people would call Adventure Time cute, cool and funny.

Anyway, what I mean with my post is that SAO doesn't have anything instantly recognizable, a part from the two main characters. AT on the other hand has tons of stuff that can be turned into NX clothes, mounts, chairs, pets, etc.

Is it better to go for something that would appeal to the masses, or something that you can make a lot of content from?

5. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

Even though I personally like anime, I'd still pull for adventure time, mostly because I think that JMS might wanna handle the anime stuff? But that's still iffy, even with me. Still, sword art online, not much can come of that that a lot of people would recognize, but it seems to be winning either way so eh.

6. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

THIS IS SO DIFFICULT but i guess i'd go with FMA :3

7. Neutron Male
    IGN: Irorika
    Server: Scania
    Level: 205
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: ZeitVier
    Alliance: Beater
    Farm: Anzu
    thailand

I think we can get all of it , if Nexon NA copy and place JMS data profit!

I just seen JMS3.12 got Magi that look good

//I'm Anime Fan

Cr. Silver Bullet

8. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

In order of my preference, with some (but not all) of my ideas on what could be added:

1. SAO or Adventure Time
    Why SAO?
    The Facebook poll shows without a doubt that a fair amount of people are excited about SAO content. SAO is fairly recent and is still gathering a fair amount of hype. Without discussing reasons why people love/hate SAO, this option would be best for getting brownie points with the existing community, as people who play Maple seem to also generally have interests in anime/manga (seeing as Maple itself is in chibi art style).
    Content?
    SAO wouldn't fit very well as cash/non-cash equipment, since there's nothing particularly unique or iconic about the main protagonists in SAO. In my opinion, the best way to integrate SAO is using quests/interactive content.

Please don't make typical special event NPCs which give you some vanilla quests to kill or fetch items and have uncharacteristically cheesy personalities; that would totally ruin it...

I'd love to see a jump quest/dojo (party) styled area (with 100 levels like in SAO! ... okay maybe that's overkill). Modify and use one of the combo systems (e.g. Hayato) to make the various sword skills from SAO, which will be the only attacks you can use in this area. If you can implement teamwork and the feeling of danger (of dying), that would be the cherry on the top. Stick in some great rewards for people who can make it to the top.

Why Adventure Time?
    I haven't watched Adventure Time, but it's obviously the only Western cartoon in the list of options, so I assume this would be a good way to pull in all those people who aren't into Japanese anime (but watch Adventure Time).
    Content?
    Equips and mounts as others have mentioned. It's quite easy to identify the characters and styles from Adventure Time.

2. Naruto or FMA
    Why Naruto?
    Just for the amount of people that like Naruto. Don't you remember when there were all those "xXxnaruto15935xXx" dexless sins running around? Although, the Naruto hype is starting to die down, so I'm not sure how successful this would be.
    Content?
    Equips/mounts. The whole ninja concept is already done in the thief class (especially NL) in Maple.

Why FMA?
    Also a really good series, but since it has ended already, it doesn't have as much hype as SAO at the moment.
    Content?
    Great ideas pointed out by Khaini.

3. Fairy Tale and Hello Kitty
    -As far as I've seen, Fairy Tale has a significantly smaller following in the U.S. and isn't as popular. I suppose you could make a pet out of "Happy" and do dragons and stuff...
    -Although I know firsthand that Hello Kitty is insanely popular in Asia, I feel like the perception in the U.S. is that it's for "girls or kids". It seems to carry a negative label especially for teenage males.

9. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I think this poll should have more American shows/comics than anime ones. For example Adventure time is a great option (even tough I don't like the tv show). But something like Marvel, Star wars or DC (Specially batman) would be a lot better. For example a Batmobile, Ironman suit or Hulk carrying you mount would be awesome. For weapons covers, Star wars have almost all of them. And for pets a mini wookies or ewoks from SW or the joker's hyenas from DC.

For Bosses, Star wars' Sith in general are almost done thanks to luminous barrier skill that imitates the force and for mobs the Storm Troopers could use the same IA as the Aliens from the Visitor PQ (Also some of the quest/Jumpquest could be related to them). From DC you can almost use anyone, Lex luthor's armored form with lazers, or the new Abusive Superman from the God's among us game (This would be good publicity for DC). And from Marvel Venom pleaaaaase.

But looks like I'll never get my Batmobile .

10. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

getting licenses to either marvel or starwars would be expensive. Nexon would literally have to make a deal with Disney(which owns both IPs) and the likelyhood of that suceeding is extremely low.(albeit i would like it)

11. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

At best, there is no comparing the different genres that FMA:B and Adventure Time reside in. At worst, FMA:B is superior to Adventure Time, at least in my opinion.

Having said that, I feel any anime tie-in wouldn't encourage anything new. Would you be making new PQs, items, etc.? Let's be realistic, probably no, all the current assets would just be released, the items and the quests translated and recycled. If you were just going to do this, just pick a month and call it something like Anime April or Anime Autumn and release what you have, put it in Gachapon, throw in the quests, etc. And by release what you have, I mean most if not everything that you have available, not just from one anime. I'd consider maybe one anime per week (two weeks for the season), whatever.

Using Adventure Time however, would be looking in a forward direction, using a property that is not currently ended/on hiatus, using something that represents originality and a look towards future expansion. The things that would be developed would have to be completely new, it would force people (hopefully some smart ones) to make new decisions on design, implementation and utility; not just decide which will be released or which won't or correct translations, etc. I believe this type on forced innovation would be good for a design team and would be good for the game.

Not that it would be necessary, but meeting with the creative team from Adventure Time, making it true to the series, having their input on what (hypothetical) NPCs, pets, and items might do, say or look like seems harder compared to translating, but easier if all parties really want to put forth a quality product. I doubt we're going to get Arakawa or whoever is in charge to conference call for new content for an American FMA tie-in, but I bet the folks at Adventure Time would be willing to work to expand their audience and expand further into gaming. The (3)DS game is proof enough that they would put time into writing script, the game's is spot on to the series; overall the game isn't bad either.

In summary, I would vote FMA for nostalgia, for quality of animation and a wide-variety of other reasons unrelated to Maplestory, but if I want something new, something fresh, I would vote Adventure Time. Perhaps doing something new and untested isn't an easy thing or a safe thing, but like Adventure Time and some of the anime listed, if you take the time and do something well, you will no doubt, garner fans and admiration.

12. Proton
    IGN: Mehta
    Job: Angelic Buster
    Guild: Infiniti
    Alliance: Saga

Adventure Time! This choice would open up so many opportunities for equips, mounts, PQs, etc. We already elements of animes in Maplestory, so Adventure Time would be a grand new direction. As mentioned by others above, the game is already very Asian-influenced. Adventure Time would appeal to a more diverse audience and could potentially bring in more new players than the other options would. I think its unique and whimsical art style would look great in the Maple world.

13. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

There's a reason why all my characters have the Catalyst hair.
    I would love something involving FMA

14. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

I think Adventure Time would be appropriate for gMS but personally, I'd go for Fairy Tail. Not just because that's one of my favorite anime out there but because it involves guilds. For the longest time, guild pq has been removed / "under construction". That was one of my favorite past times to do back in the day with my guildmates. It was also one of the few ways to gain GP to level up your guild, but as of right now you can only level up or stay online to obtain GP. Not much you can do with this, in my opinion.

So here's some ideas I have (includes an idea for Masteria because I really like the old version)... If you haven't read or seen Fairy Tail, I will be spoiling a few things below.

Spoiler

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i just mentioned it because of how easy it -should- be to obtain permission to use it.
    the thing's i'd do for saber's dark armor...

16. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

It is better to go for the one that will make more money.

17. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

Was that suppose to answer my question? Because it sure as hell didn't.

We have one thing that is popular but you can't make anything based on it to sell, you got this other thing that is about half as popular and you can make a ton of stuff to sell.

Logically Adventure Time would sell more than Sword Art Online.

18. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

To be honest SAO or Fairy Tail, in my honest opinion, would work the best.

19. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Voted for Adventure Time not just because I'm such a big fan of it, but also because some westernization wouldn't be bad for GMS. I've also never heard of SAO and instantly thought it was another MMO before googling it... Okay, so it IS an MMO? I DON'T KNOW, I'M CONFUSED. NEVERMIND.

JMS handles all the anime stuff and handles it very well, although pretty much all of Maple is already in anime style. Pretty much the only reason SAO, or any other anime choice, would fit well. Adventure Time would probably bring in more players, as most who already play Maple are pretty big on anime and may have started playing for its art style (and other reasons, of course) and having a western show cameo in the game would probably bring more curious people in.

But this is a poll asking for what we want, not what would be better for the game. So my vote stays the same. ALSO A RAINICORN FLYING MOUNT WOULD BE AMAZING.

20. Default Re: If MapleStory could have a crossover with a TV Show...

@MariaColette; It's an anime about an MMO that traps people inside the game and if you die in the MMO you die in Real Life.