Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default KMST Dark Knight

Spearman

Dragon Knight or Beserker

Dark Knight
    Last edited by Locked; 2013-06-01 at 05:40 PM.

2. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Even second job skills look like an upgrade to Dark Impale. Don't really like these Demon-esque animations though. Ah... but that's the problem with having a dragon-less Dark Knight. We don't really have a Dragon Knight job, nor a versatile summon job like the Dark Knight. Was there really a need to convert us to absolute darkness?

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Not related to maple, but i dont mind absolute darkness, its quite cool.

Now to watch these vids.

4. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

I abhor that Beholder. It looks like it's just gone through a traffic accident where it had the head bashed in.

Other than that, cool concepts so it's fine by me. I would like to have Berserk activated when you successfully revive, though. Pushed to the brink of death, the dark knight falls over to the dark side and awaken at full power, massacring hoards of enemies like whacking fruit flies with electric rackets.

5. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Beholder reminds me of Summon Dragon, the way it floats wildly around your characters head. Sigh.

6. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

They should have kept the beholden* (Stupid name still) as small as it was before and his movements too.

7. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

And it's gotten fatter, too.

Anyways, I actually like Lamancha Spear. :x

8. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Wow, Lamancha Spear looks amazing. Beholder looks too large.

9. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Why isn't that skill in 4th job and Impale in 3rd?

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Because the damage sucks balls in comparison.

The whooshing sound it makes is top notch though, quite the cool skill

11. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Beholder, are you okay

I too am quite attached to Lamancha Spear.

12. Neutron Male
    IGN: Konfus
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 145
    Job: Shiny
    Guild: something
    Alliance: something else
    Illinois

I'm also going to say that Lamancha Spear is the best-looking and sounding skill to date.

Beholder looks a little more interesting now, but the erratic movement could really be done away with.

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Apart from the movement, the fact it's the size of my character and wider than my head is horrendous.

14. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

What is funny is that rush looks massively out of place at the moment, they really should give us a custom rush animation.

Because it is in 3rd job and not 4th. They could put it in 4th job and boost the damage where it is equal or better than Dark Impale.

15. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

I didn't mean what I said negatively; I find its movement wonderfully nostalgic.

16. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Yeah, they should let Paladins keep the current KMST one, changed it to blue for Heros to match their combo color scheme, and changed it to either beholder's color scheme or dark impale's color scheme for DrKs. Shouldn't be too difficult to do and it gives each class a more unique feel, which is what they're attempting to do now anyways.

17. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

Good idea. I would say Rush for Dark Knights should work like Berserk and how Fury and Crusher worked, where at 100 it is orange and then at 150 it turns purple.

18. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

DrK Stuff.

It isn't much different. Also worth noting Sacrifice isn't really viable for training and Gungnir's damage formula is clean range * skill% + (total damage + bonus from gungnir)

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

I think you mean red for heroes, since all their skills are red by 4th job
    I agree with rush, like they did for our slipstream which was cool purple.
    Delving into lamancha, what you suggested wouldn't work for the skill, they'd have to move impale down to third, so that lamanche became the 4th job mob skill, or rework lamanche so that it becomes 1v1, since right now it beats impale in mob count and hits per second, if the damage was better there would be no reason to use impale except for the range

It'd be interesting if lamanche worked like this, the spinning being a weak mob attack, and the spear throw being a 1v1 attack that hits harder than impale, that way you'd use impale for mobbing, and tap lamanche when bossing. Opinion?

(i've been playing ff13-2 too much lately, lamanche's ending reminds me of noel kreiss' ultimate skill where he jumps in the air and throws 4 javelines at a single enemy dealing massive damage)

Edit @Locked; so if i'm getting it right, using gungnir with 100% boss would look like this:

Range*4.43*(1+1+1.1) (i assume you meant multiplicate skill by total damage rather than add)
    If i'm wrong do correct me please, also, do you know if crossover chains is additive with totaldmg/bossdmg? If so boss damage will be quite innefective for us, since we'd be at 200% boss while spamming gungnir.

Many thanks for the vid, watching now

20. Default Re: KMST Dark Knight

You are correct.
    Then you have to account for Cross Over Chain which is another 100% total damage and Zerk which is 20%.