Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Recently, I've been making Link Skill mules to boost my Angelic Buster's stats as high as possible, but with the news of a maximum of 12 Link Skills being assigned to one character has kept me from making a Hayato for the Link Skill.

Is it worth the character slot/Link Skill spot?

2. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Lets count all the link skills shall we
    Kanna~10% damage
    Hayato~10 all 5 attack/magic
    Xenon: 10% all stat
    Demon Avenger~10% damage
    Canoneer~25 all 10% hp/mp
    Mercedes~15% exp
    DemonSlayer~15% boss
    Jett~ Core Aura
    Mihile~ 100% stance for 120 seconds
    Luminious~ 15% ignore defense
    Kaiser~ 15% hp
    Angelic Buster: 45% damage for 10 seconds
    Phantom~ 15% critical
    TB/WA/DW: 5% status protection(these skills stack as 1 skill, so you can have 3 of them, but it will count as 1 skill)

This puts us at 14 link skills. The ones i dont recommend are jett core aura, and mihiles really(its only real useful if your character has no stance what so ever, like a marksman) Meaning if you feel like 10 all 5 attack is worth it(TBH the character card effect is worth the effort to get it to 100, 6% max crit) And to be more honest, we don't know if Demon Avenger Link skill will stack with kannas till its out.

3. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Actually, this is one of the better Link Skills in the game. You really don't have to invest that much NX into resetting it into better stats and locking it is only 1.5k NX a month, so for someone that wants to get their character to the absolute best possible, it is actually a rather cheap and affordable way of obtaining some stat boosts.

I'd personally ditch Kaiser and Mercedes. HP can be obtained through alternative options if you really need it. Bonus Exp isn't going to help someone that's already level 200, and the teleport to Elleul... just walk or ride a ship, you'll live.

4. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

You can also dump merc's link skill when you're 200 also.... unless lv 250 comes out

5. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Idk about that, ive waisted alot of jett core dust trying to get anything decent, best i got after 50 tries was like, 15 magic attack ._. But i do guess if you get lucky with the nx jett core stuff and land 20 attack, you can lock it for a relatively long time(up to a year?) But how much nx does that take o.....o

The only real use to 15% hp as a link skill is for training purposes. Since post ultimate, bosses do damage on % hp so having more hp won't really save you. What they need to do, is change kaiser link skill to 15% hp and 10% damage reduction :) Its only decent now cause bosses still do damage normally.

Elven blessing is not needed if your level 200.

6. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Exactly, Jett Dust. Jett Dust doesn't do pomegranate. The only way you're going to get good stats in your Core is by either leveling up your Jett from 1 to 120 in a day and then immediately locking whatever you get, or by using the Cubes that cost NX (or I guess you could get lucky and have it randomly reset into something decent one day, but I wouldn't rely on that). 1.5k NX a month is nothing. NX Rates right now are what, around 1:70 in most worlds? Going by that rate, 1.5k NX is only 105m. If you can't make at least 105m within a month, then.. I'm sorry, but that's just terrible.

7. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Even if level 250 appears its not worth having merc link. I dont know if GMS will have these changes but, after unlimited exp multipliers will no longer multiply anything but the base exp. This means that if you were previously getting 8000 exp from kill, 800 exp from merc link and you doubled that with 2x card you will not get 1600 exp from merc link, you will instead still get 800.

Better example:

You're in LHC with 5 party members, this means 250% bonus exp

You kill a target and obtain 20k base exp which then also gives you 250% bonus exp. With 2x exp card you will still get 20k exp upon killing a target, but the bonus exp will be knocked up to 350%, meaning 2x exp coupon will become 100%+ exp instead of 2x. 2x exp card will also ONLY take base exp into account (probably will include hs) so mercedes link will only be 15% of base exp instead of 30%.

Obviously its still some exp but right now theres no reason to lvl past lvl 200 for any job but Xenon or DA.

Summary: Trash mihile, merc & kaiser, especially mihile because you already have high % stance on ab.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What.

9. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

Its hard to really show you what I mean, mainly because my chars are too high lvl to test it fully on, but it will be like this:

40k exp base exp
    40k exp (this is your 2x exp card line)
    100k exp (party play bonus exp 250%)
    6k exp (mercedes link 15%)

Previously to these changes a 2x exp card would do this instead:
    80k exp base exp
    200k exp party play bonus
    12k exp mercedes link

As you can see the exp is duplicated by 2x now, but later it will only add another 100% as if you were having 2 more members in party at a party play area, makes sense now right?

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It made sense already.

Mercedes link is 15% not 30%.

11. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

I know I was just confusing myself by writing this. Still dont really like this change, I dont think its worth buying 2x exp card anymore in EMS at least, sure its extra exp still but nowhere near what it used to be.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

I agree but at the same time, this is kms. NexAM is obviously aware of the revenue they make from hosting and selling 2x so if they're smart they won't bring that over.

13. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Our party play zones still being intact further that notion.

14. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

can anyone in KMS confirm that DA and kanna link skills STACK? TY

15. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

There is no Kanna in KMS. Only JMS and GMS.

16. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

ohh right... hm I personally hope it does stack. only require time to get free damage boost. take that u nx whores

17. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

uh except the "nx whores" can get it too? And it's even more effective for them than for non-funded players? Your point is moot.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

If your character provides a link skill does it count towards the limit of 12? Do link skill characters have a limit of 11 then?

19. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

I think it's kind of pathetic that I have to point out that not all maplestory players have as much free time as a high school student such as yourself.

20. Default Re: ...Bother making a Hayato for the Link Skill?

no i meant a free upgrade without spending money. with the link skills and character decks + strange cubes (unlimited) the average damage range for non paying players will be higher than ever before.

nx whores already hit the cap so who cares about them. they are only good at keeping the game free to play.

time vs money

kids who have a lot of time can level a lot.

adults who have little of time but have a job and can buy a lot of nx.

you either have time or money or bit of both or nothing