Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Should I use 5 Attack 3 All stat or 7 Attack scrolls on my fafnir bow(164atk 40dex 41str 10 slots)?
    50 atk 30 all stats vs 70 atk?
    214Atk 70Dex 71Str 30Luk 30Int vs 234Atk 40Dex 41Str?

I know we got a slight chance for 9Atk 90% and 10 atk 100% scrolls for future hot times.
    But I need a back up plan. :3

Nvm.
    Apparently we are getting 20% 9Atk (+3All?)in Unlimited shop so there is no point in getting any of the current scrolls.

2. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Wait until Unlimited for 20% 9 atk boom if fail scrolls
    Spoiler

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

7 attack should be superior, because your comparing essentially 3 dex + 3 str vs 2 attack, where I would think 1 attack > 3 dex, as well as 1 attack no doubt is better than 3 str

4. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Pretty sure it was 90% 9atk

I just wanna have a back-up in case GMS decides not to release these scrolls.

5. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

They are +3 All STAT too, if I remember correctly. Or wait for the 75%/95% versions of the same scrolls in that one Hot Time or hope for the Hot Time where 100% +10ATT/+3 All STAT scrolls are given out.

6. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

7 attack scrolls if you absolutely need to scroll it right at this moment or something.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I was going to wait for the 90/100% hot time scrolls.

8. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Nah, the 20% ones come in the Unlimited coin store

9. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Oh gg.
    I didn't know about that.
    Then there is no point in getting scrolls from anni coin shop now ._.

/End Topic

10. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

With my setup on my Kaiser, the 4 extra attack I got from using 2 20% +7atk scrolls on my 2H Sword were not as good as the 6 STR I lost from not using the 20% All Stats +3, ATK +5 scrolls on those two slots.

Remember, it's not just a few stats vs a few attack, but whatever DEX you would've gotten, multiplied by your % DEX vs the difference in attack. Sure, 3 stat probably isn't as much as 2 attack, but what about 6 with 100% Stat, or 9 with 200%, etc. Not to mention, the more attack you have, the less an increase of attack might do to your range vs more stat.

11. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

@iAmFear; To be a little more precise, it depends on your total WA and total primary stat before any %blah, and figuring out the relative benefits of one EQ over another. The %blah simply amplifies that benefit. The complication comes from the fact that the variables are non-separable...

By a good approximation, we can ignore the contribution from DEX, so x is all STR sources, y is %STR, a is all WA sources, b is %ATT:

(x*y)*((a+4)*b) < ((x+6)*y)*((a*b)

y and b are unchanged, so the inequality reduces to:

x*(a+4) < (x+6)*a

base component of x*a is unchanged, so it cancels out, and we now compare marginal benefits.

4x < 6a => a > 2x/3

Just how little STR or how much effective WA do you have on your Kaiser before %blah?? Or do you have so much DEX it no longer becomes small? My Lumi has about 1.5k INT after all the %blah, but I'm hardly close to 1000 MA! Clearly something is wrong... did you forget to tell us anything or did I forget to consider something? 1000 base stats with 100% stat => 2000 stat on your screen, and 6 stat => 12 effective stat, but the ratios are still identical i.e. 6/1000 == 12/2000. It takes a hell of an amount of WA for 1WA = 1.5 STR.

edit: if you want I can work out all the variables on your Kaiser with a few numbers. All I need are 4-6 instances of your max range with 1) no buffs, 2) with NW only, 3) with a WA buff only, 4) a %dmg/%att source only. I can deal with some mix-and-match but they can't mix up too much. You can do the same thing fully buffed then taking away individual buffs too, which is more realistic in battle, but at least tell me what you're buffed with. Uh... maybe you should tell me your DEX on-screen too.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

This is all approximate, since I no longer play my Kaiser, nor do I have it equipped, I had some 400 ATT with the sword, let's say 396 with a theoretically sword with all +3/+5 20s, like, 3.5k STR, with about 200% STR, unknown, but probably 0, % ATT. If we find the STR:ATT ratio, here we'd have somewhere around ~1167 STR vs 396 ATT, or roughly 3 STR being the equivalent of 1 atk, then the 4atk gain from the +7 20 scroll is equivalent to 12 STR, while the +6 STR would boost my STR by 18 with the 200% STR. This was my logical fallacy.

If we work purely on calculating using the damage range formula, then, we have, approximately:
    1.32 * (4 * 3500) * 400/100 vs 1.32 * (4 * 3518) * 396/100 which is 73920 vs 73557, which is clearly advantageous towards the +7 20% scrolls.

13. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

No worries there, though you leave my mouth gaping at that amount of WA on your sword...

Hadriel

14. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Well, the sword only makes up half of it, I mean, 400 ATT is roughly the total amount of ATT I have, it's a bit more than that, though, or it was near the end.

Here it is, short an enhancement, (it was easier to find this picture, from the folder of equips where I saved all the screenshots of things I put in storage the night before Kaiser came out because I was paranoid of them somehow wiping storage (because, hello, it's Nexon), but not so paranoid that I wasn't going to put it in anyway)

It should be 200atk exactly right now, I think I only got to to 2 stars, anyway.

15. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

It's possible for the 5 att 2 all to be better than 7 att in extreme cases. Any character this applies to would have a ridiculous amount of weapon attack and would end up hitting damage cap even with a clean weapon.

16. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Would diligence affect the chances of these 20% scrolls working?

17. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

If they aint pink scrolls (counted as special along with pot, enhance, innocence etc), it should.

18. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Hmmm... that means it won't affect the 90% 9 attack scrolls from KMS huh? Guess the 20% 5 atk scrolls will have to do.

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I don't know how you could possibly think that is a feasible option when lucky day scrolls are in such an abundance, which obviously works on those.

20. Default Re: 5Atk 3All or 7 atk scrolls on fafnir weapon?

Better to be 100% sure about diligence not working, rather than unnecessarily waste Lucky Day scrolls on something that is already at a 100% chance of success. Plus, I was asking about the 20% scrolls, because I've always wondered if it really had an effect them, or if I was just under the illusion of it working for me.