Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Maplestory RED Class Changes

Jen and I will be recording and uploading 1 class every day until we have them all recorded.

Here are the first 3 that we have.

Swordsman

Magician

Ice/Lightning Mage

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Thank you loads, serioulsy lacking a good drk skill show/effect video

3. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Working on it. Jen is covering Mages, I should have my Pally video out tonight. I'll do DrK next.

Fire/Poison Mage

Bishop
    Last edited by Zelkova; 2013-06-09 at 10:06 AM.

4. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Thanks for doing a more in depth video on the classes.

I/L Impressions:

Ice effect changes - I thought it was horrible at first but the new slow effect seems to be decent enough. However they should change it to where you get the full slow effect much more quickly since it seems your ice attacks take awhile for that to occur. Really makes the 'freeze' effect removal much more apparent as a nerf.

Magician changes - Decent.

Wizard changes - Great.

Mage changes - Great.

Archmage changes - Horrible. The only positives I see is the chain lightning animation update, blizzard, and the summon passive mastery. Still looks to be the same chain lightning spamming
    since frozen orb is much too slow and limited to be a new mob move in 4th job but I do like the concept. Not sure why they removed the freeze effect from elquines either...

As for the dragon skill, I'm putting it in the same view as frozen orb: nice concept but it still needs a lot of work mechanic wise.

Overall - The new animations looks nice but this new slow gameplay puts the revamp in poor quality for me.

5. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Warrior Update Post!

Paladin

Dark Knight

Hero

Last edited by Zelkova; 2013-06-09 at 10:06 AM.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Sonuvapeach, i see this post and start wondering why the video isnt loading, then i decide to quote it to check and... QQ

7. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

I gotta say, those Paladin mechanic changes are actually really cool. I like how you can cycle between the different elements to maximize damage. There's probably situations in which you'd only want to rotate between two as well (so maybe change your macro or cast individually depending on what you're fighting).

8. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Will you be covering the other two magicians? I'm quite interested in seeing a little more about the updates for F/P if possible.

9. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Fp was supposed to be released yesterday, however Jenna broke her laptop. I spent yesterday and a little today changing my server computer into hew new desktop.

tl:dr A video will be up tomorrow or tonight.

10. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Perfect. I'll be waiting.

11. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Dark Knight video uploaded @ShinkuDragon; I even managed to pull off a successful reincarnation.

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

boss, getting to it.

edit: coolios, checked what i wanted to see, you don't revive as soon as you complete reincarnation's kills, but you keep the invincibility for the full 25 seconds.

whenever you have time mind attacking with and without crossover chains? wanna see how zerk stacks now.

13. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Hm. From what I saw chains stacked on top of Zerk. I had a 4.4k range with full HP and an 8.8k after using chains.

Edit: I just logged back in, I still have this on my head. @ShinkuDragon;

No buffs, No Zerk

Full health, Zerk on

Full Health, Zerk on, Chains on

14. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Must be some kind of glitch or w/e. I assumed having that was the cd of the skill.

And just watch the vid....like I said in another post, reincarnation is pretty cool. :3

15. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

It went away. I guess they decided to put a cooldown hourglass over your head to show when you could die again.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

guess that was the "dummy" that locked was talking about. and many thanks for the SS! @JoeTang;@Locked; guess zerk is still a multiplier then.

17. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

I agree. I definitely don't think that the changes themselves are bad, but how they screwed Paladin DPS AND their Defense all in one fell swoop.

Hopefully they're true to their word and intend to make more changes based on feedback.

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

oh yea, almost forgot:

@Zelkova; EDUCATE YOURSELF PEASANT, AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A GAMURR!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungnir

19. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

I was worried when you said that the Berserker was done when you hadn't showcased the Beholden skills yet. You actually didn't demonstrate Sacrifice, though.

20. Default Re: Maplestory RED Class Changes

Reincarnation is REALLY cool. I hope they pull something like that on thieves, a fun skill. And I'm completely hoping on a trampoline skill STILL. Press up on it, get launched upwards.