Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

So, today, JMS got the "Hard Core" mode that EMS got in the form of the "Supreme" world earlier this year. There are noticeable differences so far, from the rules to in-game elements. If GMS is to get this content, I'm sure whatever JMS has done to it, or will do to it, will be the version GMS would get.

These are the rules :

※To enter the Ibara world, you will receive a quest on characters only level 150 or higher in the normal servers.
    ※You may not create new characters (You may also not use Character Cards).
    ※You may only transfer up to 3 characters to the Ibara world. To move more than 3, you will need to purchase character expansion slots.
    ※Characters in the Ibara world will start from level 1.
    ※All characters transferred to the Ibara world will become Adventurers.
    ※If you transfer your character to the Ibara world, your original character will not disappear.
    ※When you transfer to the Ibara world, you will not be able to delete your original character nor your transferred character.
    ※The MTS will not be accessible in the Ibara world.
    ※The "Ever revolving destiny" quest is targeted at characters at levels 10 to 60. (I have no idea what this quest is... When I find out, I'll explain it.)
    ※You will not be able to purchase the following items in the Ibara world.
        ・World Transfer Ticket
        ・Character Card (Level 50/100)
        ・Cubes other than Miracle Cubes
        ・All kinds of Familiar Booster Packs
        ・All kinds of Friendship Rings
        ・All kinds of Couple Rings

Those are the rules/information listed in the patch info post.

As far as in-game content goes, I'm still exploring everything (I've still not made it out of the tutorial, due to the fact that the game is still under an emergency maintenance at the time of me posting this), but from what I can see so far, mobs deal less damage than their EMS counterpart.

From what I remember, the ones in EMS were doing 50+ damage (or even 100+) and players were dropping like flies. This, however, may only apply to tutorial mobs. When I get a chance to explore more of the server, I will post more information about what I find.

2. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

EMS is indeed LOADS different.
    I myself am stuck at 100, not being able to do 4th job due manon/griffey hitting waaaaaaaaay to much.

And the tutorial monsters did crap tons of DMG (1hko often).
    Please keep us posted =)

3. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Eagerly awaiting more information! Only being able to buy basic cubes is pretty good, would be nice if there were more cubes available for meso/quest rewards in-game too though.

@Patt; LOOK AT THIS

4. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Oooh exciting! I hope they fixed all the kinks that were in the EMS version to make it more enjoyable. I wish I had a level 150 character in jMS to test this on.

LF> this in gMS NAO!

5. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

The rules you have posted are also all in eMS, save the cubes-rule.
    And yes, tutorial mobs did do much more damage in eMS. Could be that it's indeed just tutorial mobs though.

Tell us what the MISS-rate is with ranged attacks. We started out with 50%, but it got 'nerfed' to aroun 20-30% a patch later.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

How's the population issue? Since jMS has a decent amount of worlds, is there going to be a problem when it comes to finding a map since I see 3 channels?

7. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

I would live in this world if it came to GMS. Forced to party-up to boss. More competitive grinding. pomegranate would be cash.

Needs to come to GMS.

8. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

my definition of hard core is no cash shop access and one life. so this is scrub mode. of course they designed the game around cash shop so there is a serious balance fix to do. it is not possible at all to survive end game without help of cash shop. so whenever gms is getting supreme, ill stay away from it.

9. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

That's an interesting twist on a character... Death=lv 1 again. Levels gained up to then are converted to points, then used for another try, to do better, like purchasing additional "lives" or the likes.

10. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Maybe I was quick to jump to conclusions. The first couple of maps were nerfed, yes... But once you get to the Slimes and Pigs, they start dealing ~150 damage per hit.

10% ~ 20% sounds about right. I hit a vast majority of my attacks with Lucky Seven, but I still see an occasional miss.

Um... To put it in perspective, I woke up at 4am Japanese time on a Thursday morning (school/work day) to play and it's so crowded, finding a single mob in the tutorial to even hit, on all 3 channels, was pretty stupidly hard in itself. I couldn't imagine what it'll be like at peak hours...

11. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

EMS has only 1 channel, at peak time it was horrendous

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

JMS having the biggest population of level 200s (apparently)...this is going to be great! Can't wait to see how it will be compared to ems.

13. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Yeah. Ibara is already as populated as Supreme was during its peak hours, even though it's so early in the morning. It's crazy.

Also, holy pineapple this is so convenient.

The stupid mushroom kills as fast as I do.

14. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

So what's the situation on the levels? Since eMS got a separate max level cap for that, how does jMS's version differ since they already have the level cap?

15. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Hey guys, I've decided to stream my playing of the Ibara world. I'm going to go Paladin, although I dunno how much of a good idea that is...

Anyway, my stream is available at http://www.twitch.tv/polantaris.

Feel free to drop by and watch me get slaughtered, as well as probably Link as well when we party.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Still disappointed at the use of Cubes for Supreme World. They just need to rid of that option entirely and balance around that.
    What's the point in a "Hard Mode" if you can just cheese it by throwing money at the game?

17. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

Orange Mushroom for MVP.

18. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

I wonder if GMS Supreme world version won't allow to enter Cash shop in earlier levels (up to 100)...

19. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

If they get rid of all cubes and balance hardcore around that, I'll probably convert to this immediately and probably permanently.

20. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Personally I think familiars shouldnt be allowed either, even if they do crappy dmg mostly the passives helps too much.