Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Is there a restriction on which jobs you can make in there?

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

@Even; Familiars in JMS have no passives. They were replaced with a potential system. Unless that's what you're talking about.

@Evolite; Adventurers only.

3. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

So I guess the best way to thrive in that server is to go Cleric.

Heal + MP Eater will make training a synch.

4. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Well seeing how they will work here I assume gms wont change it at all, they love to copy pasta jms content. That doesnt change anything, still want them removed from hardcore/supreme world.

No, they're one of the worst if not the worst. All mob skills have cooldown.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I'd rather have Cubes removed from Supreme long before Familiars even have the thought of removal.

6. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Whoa I wasn't informed of this.

What's the complete set of rules because apparently there's more to it than the OP.

7. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Familiars aren't even that big of a deal considering you get 1-2hkoed by just about everything. If you're not paying attention for even a single second, a monster could spawn on top of you and kill you, even if you're trying to "cheat" with familiars. Plus their potential costs 32k a pop to uncover, and I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of cash sitting around so nothing is even getting identified. Right now they're just free damage.

Link and I did Mushmom, Mushdad and Zombie Mushroom. They did 3500, 4500, and 5500 damage respectively. Thankfully dying throws you into a room that lets you back into the boss or they'd be impossible considering how often animations screw up and monsters can move while attacking (even when they're not supposed to be able to).

Overall I feel like Supreme would have been a lot better off if the game was more modernized in terms of control and functionality. A 10 year old game really shows when they try to make a version that requires precise action and careful movement. I'm not saying that it's not fun, it really is WAY better than the normal game. Supreme is way better than regular MS; it's just that there's a lot of ways the overall game could improve and Supreme really shows that. It's not just "OMFG POTENTIAL RUINED THE GAME," the game is just old and needs a revamp entirely.

8. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

well I really like the idea of familiars helping at ibara :)

ow you can feel a mix beetwen maple & pokemon

9. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

I still don't like Supreme. Personally I think it's a good concept with an incredibly stupid execution.

10. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

This^, the idea of making sure you don't get hit by bosses/mobs, being careful in positioning, and attacks and actually having skill to play the game is a wonderous thing.

i think that it's just poorely executed when some classes far farrrrr surpass others others though.

11. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Well with 3 channels this could mean potentially private channel being open aswell. In EMS we couldnt do anything that involved private channel or features that forced you to change channel (monster park, azwan, evo world etc). But then again, I can see evo world being way too good, since they have mobs that dont have m.att and it goes all the way up to 200.

12. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

o......o jms evo world goes up to 200? Gms is capped at 160

13. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

You can use the feature to level 200 and 250, mobs just wont level anymore at 160 and exp will stay the same so yes you can still use it.

Edit: just to make this clear, I wasnt saying that evo world would be too good because the feature is doable to lvl 200, it was mainly because mobs dont have m.att and you can potentially snipe mobs (not in link 3) and thats all you will be doing to level. That ruins the challenge and makes the game more repetitive than it already is, in other words boring and waste of time imo.

We have a few level 200's EMS supreme, but nexon decided to ruin the challenge of leveling by dumping pre big bang premium mini dungeons with sick exp and hardly any touch dmg, it was just like grinding pre big bang, where you mainly spammed 1vs1 skills but just with a lot more exp.

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

This is a list we made in our Supreme social group, dunno if it's still accurate or not:

• All attacks have an inherit chance to miss (20% more likely on range characters)
    • All mob skills have cooldowns, as well as some 1v1 skills
    • All potions have cooldowns (different cooldown for each individual potion)
    • 3 Free wheels are granted every 30 minutes (shows up as the "Class Warfare" icon above your head)
    • NO EXP is lost upon dying A very little amount of EXP is lost when dying. (1-2 points at level 10 ~ 0.75% at level 100)
    • EXP rate is similar to the regular server
    • Full cash shop
    • Only 1 channel (probably likely to change in GMS)
    • You can only transfer mesos IN at a 1000:1 rate
    • You can only transfer items OUT which gain a 20% boost upon exiting Supreme world and become permanently untradeable (i.e 100 att sword becomes 120 att)
    • Must have a 150+ character in a main world to participate
    • Your main world's character data is transfered over (IGN, hair, eyes, etc)
    • You recieve a medal in your main world at level 10,30,60,100 and 200 in Supreme (5,10,30,50,100 att respectively)
    • Every 10 levels gained in Supreme gives your character in the main world 1 level to a maximum of 20 levels (max. 220 in main world)
    • All monsters and weapons have an element. There are 3 different elements, Soul, Technical and Assault. You can see what element a monster has by looking at it's HP bar. Your weapon must have the same element as the monster to deal full damage - Which colour of HP bar is displayed during the tutorial.
    • Dodgeable range attacks (such as Death Teddy's bolt attack) instant KO if hit. High damage. Most classes can survive though.

15. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Anyone know where I can find the pros and cons of each class in Supreme? Or a survivability and mobbing comparison?

16. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

I agree. Maybe JMS will take it upon themselves to fix the problems with it.

17. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

I'll make a short pre hyper list tomorrow, might include some hypers like paladin lvl 150 hyper and what not.

18. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

Now keep in mind that this may not be the exactly same in JMS or future GMS supreme server.
    Also ye, I know this is going to be a double post

Theres also a few things that need to be thought of when I say these things:

- Summons: They never miss and they have no cooldwon on their attacks, its exactly like the normal server apart from the stunning/freezing/dot part
    - High survivability: By this I dont mean that you can tank 7-10 hits, its more like 2-4, obviously paladins can probably tank a lot more before dying but you get the point
    - Can/cant job advance: This means that you can or cannot job advance at the orginal levels (30, 60, 100) without any help at all
    - Im also not gonna do a pro/con for f/p. Mainly because DoT's dont work, so there should be no reason to play this class at all, you will be just as useless as a beginner.

Also keep in mind that some classes might have VERY low pro's like hero, mainly because ALL your skills are mobbing skills and its not easy to obtain skill books.

Warrior:

Hero: Stay away from this class, its terrible in supreme

Pro:
    - High survivability
    - Rage (with low funding this will help a lot)
    - Passive hp/mp regen

Con:
    - Main skill is a mob attacking skill (this forces you to use all 3 in a cycle rather than being able to use one)
    - Advanced combo attack will not be easily obtainable
    - Melee
    - Cannot job advance to 4th job

Dark Knight: Probably the best options if you want a warrior

Pro:
    - High survivability
    - HP drain
    - Spamable 1vs1 skill (sacrifice)
    - A lot of good aoe abilities that can be used in a cycle (my friend usually did crusher -> fury -> dark impale -> slash blast -> roar and everything would be cooled down to repeat that cycle, except for roar obviously)
    - Hyper body
    - Iron will
    - Good 4th job skills to make sacrifice stronger
    - 150 hyper skill is fairly strong
    - 170 hyper is okey

Cons:
    - Melee
    - Low dmg reduction (aka no achilles)
    - Need to use HP in order to do damage

Paladin: Highly recommended in the long run

Pro:
    - Really high survivability, especially if you manage to get 4th job
    - Spamable 1vs1 4th job skill
    - Few decent aoe abilities (mostly talking about that hammer skill, you wont be fighting boss mobs, so it will always be useful)
    - Noteable hyper skill at level 150
    - Only job that can potentially get a binding skill

Con:
    - Melee

Mage:

Bishop: If you like it, then play it, just dont expect an easy beginning

Pro:
    - Most useful class for partying, especially through holy shell and res
    - High survivability
    - Summon
    - Ranged

Cons:
    - Hard to level by yourself
    - No 1vs1 skill to spam past 1st job
    - Needs to get angel ray skill book somehow
    - 150 hyper will be useless

I/L: Probably the best mage option

Pro:
    - High survivability
    - Spamable 1vs1 skill 1st, 2nd & 3rd job
    - Many good mobbing skills
    - Summon
    - Meditation for partying
    - Useful lvl 150 & 170 hypers
    - Ranged
    - Seal

Con:
    - Hard 1st job? I really cant think of any big cons for this job

Bowman:

Marksman: Fairly good ranged dpm but dies easily

Pro:
    - Summon
    - Dragons breath pushing skill
    - Good mobbing skills
    - Snipe (1hko normal mobs will always be useful)
    - Ranged
    - Spamable 1vs1 skills in all jobs
    - Can job advance to 4th job at 100 (even without funding this is doable)
    - Puppet
    - High avoidability
    - SE
    - Okey 150 & 170 hypers

Con:
    - Fairly squishy, you often get 1hko'ed
    - Terrible flash jump
    - Need 4th job levels badly to be effective

Bow Master: I dont recommend this over marksman at all

Pro:
    - Summon
    - Semi good mobbing skills
    - Ranged
    - Can job advance to 4th job at 100 (even without funding this is doable)
    - Puppet
    - High avoidability
    - SE
    - Hurricane is spamable
    - Okey level 150 & 170 hypers

Con:
    - Fairly squishy, you often get 1hko'ed
    - Terrible flash jump
    - Need 4th job levels badly to be effective
    - Lack of dragons breath

Pirate:

Buccaneer: Really hard to level

Pro:
    - Can get 4th job at level 100
    - Spamable 1vs1 skill in 4th job
    - Speed infusion
    - Iframes
    - Passive regen
    - Roll the dice (if you can survive)
    - Decent 150 and 170 hypers

Con:
    - ONLY mobbing skills to 4th job
    - Melee
    - Semi good survivability
    - Really hard to level in early levels
    - Hard to controll

Corsair: Summon galore

Pro:
    - A lot of summons
    - Semi good survivability
    - Good 150 & 170 hypers

Con:
    - Hard to level pre 3rd job
    - Hard to job advance to 3rd job
    - Cannot job advance to 4th at 100
    - Low avoidability'

Thief:

Shadower: Highly recommended, one of the best jobs to play in supreme

Pro:
    - Very high survivability
    - High avoid
    - Meso guard
    - Dark Sight (mainly for moving around, and if you train on mobs that do no m.att you shouldnt die)
    - Decent mobbing skills
    - Smokescreen
    - Spamable 1vs1 skills in all jobs but 4th
    - Good 150/170 hypers

Con:
    - Hard to 4th job at 100
    - Melee
    - Needs 4th job badly past 120

Night lord: I dont know, weaker version of marksman but higher survivability?

Pro:
    - Ranged
    - Decent survivability
    - Spamable 1vs1 skill in all jobs
    - Good 170 hyper, okey 150 hyper
    - Dark sight
    - Pushing skill in 2nd job for survivability

Con:
    - Needs quad star skill book (this is still there right? or did they remove it with revamp?)
    - Cannot 4th job at lvl 100 (well you still can, but really hard to pull through without help)

Feel free to add this to the first page or add more pro/cons, especially for I/L con list.

19. Default Re: JapanMS' Rebalanced Hard Core Mode

A few things I noticed were changed in JMS's version.
    - All attacks do not have an inherit chance to miss, at least not from my experience as a Warrior. When I was fighting things my level I never missed.
    - Only 1 Free Wheel is granted every 30 minutes.
    - No EXP is lost upon dying, at least at Lvs.1-20.
    - EXP rate is exactly the same as the regular server from what I've noticed.
    - Some items are limited in the Cash Shop, as Link mentioned in an earlier post.
    - 3 Channels, not 1.
    - Transfer rates seem to be the same with the same restrictions, however I don't know about the item boost. The meso rate might be 100:1, but I have no idea because I'm pretty broke in JMS right now so I didn't test it.
    - The three weapon elements system seems to include a damage boost, but not a damage decrease for not having the appropriate element. I got a Mace with Technical, and although the enemy HP bars did not match up, I did not lose damage.
    - The free levels on your main character do not seem to apply. I got to Level 20, but was unable to find any way to level my Paladin(the character I duplicated into Supreme) and it was not automatic.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Do Supreme characters have all of their 4th job skills set at their highest Mastery Level? Like Maple Warrior starts at "Mastery Level : 30", instead of 10. Otherwise I suspect certain classes to not be all that good in the long run.