Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

I am so pineappleing tired of the straw manning in this thread. I did not say all female gamers are playing casual or family entertainment games. I have female friends that play the same games I do, so that's obviously false. What I said was that the statistics are skewed because of those games, because of the widespread popularity of games like Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies that plenty of non-gamers have gotten into in recent years, as well as the large number of moms who play games with their children. The study you linked shows that indeed, female gamers are much less likely to be playing the kind of games that Anita covers in her video, and with less frequency when they do.

2. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

He's originally swerve.

Not even going to confront your first paragraph as it's a grab for sympathy.

Except, ya know, the last album with about 8 songs, all with comments on, don't see any of that harassment at all. But yeah, let's use an example from 2010.

If you wish not to indulge into actual perspective where people with intelligent criticism are frustrated at the fact she not only silences you, she hides in a castle for any other form of contact, and has her femnazi dogs rip you apart at any shred of negative feedback. Again, I shouldn't be telling you this as I did take the effort to put up a video to support this.

If you really care about what people think of you, go post in the "My picture thread". Although I'm sure it would be ignored.

My daily job is to listen and solve other peoples problems all day everyday. Her problems are melodramatic as her video analysis. I can make a personal judgement, not on her content, but her actions following it, her responses concerning the criticism, and her hypocritical victimizing.

That was a conversation you decided to take. To obnoxiously point out that your "conversation" had more value than my multiple, is instigating and frankly unnecessary. As he himself as said, we are talking about a point that doesn't interest him, and one I really wanted to confront from the first thread, but avoided.

I'll take this as sarcasm to get the benefit of the doubt, as a "free country" has no relevance to a web page, which isn't by definition a "free" forum when it has very strict policies on nudity, although necessary.

That's great, there's just so much unnecessary information you can tolerate before snapping.

3. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

You're right, that part's only implied by you continually saying the video is wrong and stupid, and then offering your own theory. If you really mean that your and Anita's points of view are equally likely to be correct and neither of you is an idiot you should stop calling her one.

The video doesn't have to justify being about what it's about; it would be a different video if it weren't about "violence towards women in the form of the damsel in distress trope used in video games". That's why there are no 'highly meaningful male character deaths' in it.

4. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

Huh? You're saying he is implying he is a male that knows better because he thinks the video is wrong and stupid and his theory is better?

How? Why? Anyone of any gender could have posted something like that. Locked doesn't have his gender publicly listed, and neither did they say anything about their gender in this thread.

This is the internet where everyone is anonmous until they chose to reveal themselves so a post like that could have easily come from a male or female.

The way you say it implies that they only people who disagree with Anita are male.

5. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

"She shouldn't get mad when women are victims of violence in videogames, I see it against men all the time and I'm not mad" certainly implies the 'I' is male. If it's not to relate their own experience, why is the person even bringing men into it? Why not talk about why they're okay with the female characters being powerless victims? It's more on-topic.

I'm not saying that people who disagree with Anita are male, just that people using arguments that balance on their being male are.

6. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

Once again a female could easily say the same thing. I see bringing men into the discussion as a way to "equalize" the discussion.

Let's start talking about all the tropes that show men in a bad light and have a bad influence on young males dis empowering them and giving them a poor sense of self. (I am serious here.)

7. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

Sure, but make another thread, it's off-topic here.

8. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

If you're saying women have brutal death's in video games, you have to have a line to what is considered "Brutal", considering most female deaths, if not all, are pretty tame compared to, for christ sake, sometimes animals, then it's not a valid complaint. That's a general video game brutality issue, not a female specific brutality.

...And to say her opinion is uneducated is quite possible considering how many holes and straws she pulls to justify her argument.

9. Default Re: Tropes Vs Women 2 - Damsels In Distress Part Two : Circular Arguments Strike Back

Not only do you put words into people's mouths you also get to pass judgement down on what is on-topic and off-topic.

Cool.

Anyway.