1. Default Baby found in sewer pipe

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1356167

A newborn Chinese baby was rescued from a toilet pipe after he was flushed away by his parents, state TV reports.
    Chinese firefighters found the tiny boy lodged in a sewage pipe below a squat toilet in an apartment building in Jinhua, Zhejiang province. His placenta was still attached.

Firefighters sawed out an L-shaped section wide on Saturday afternoon after neighbors reported hearing crying. The baby was taken to a nearby hospital, where doctors cut around him to pull out the abandoned infant.
    The 2-day-old child — named Baby No. 59 from the number of his hospital incubator — was reported in stable condition at a nearby hospital.

A video of the two-hour rescue was broadcast widely on Chinese news programs and websites late Monday and Tuesday. News of the ordeal prompted an outpouring from strangers who came to the hospital with diapers, baby clothes, powdered milk and offers to adopt the child.
    Despites the offers to adopt Baby No. 59, a doctor at the hospital said the boy would be handed over to social services if his parents do not claim him, Zhejiang News said.

Police are treating the case as an attempted homicide and are looking for the mother and anyone else involved in the incident.
    The landlord of the building in Pujiang County told Zhejiang News that it was unlikely the birth took place in the toilet room because there was no evidence of blood and she was not aware of any recent pregnancies among her tenants.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

Wow. that's absolutely disgusting.

Made me kinda think of the rumours of flushed gators growing huge in the sewers though, imagining some sewer monster person.

3. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

I happened to see this being mentioned in the news just now and it's incredibly appalling. The parents likely have a child already which might explain why this boy was flushed away, but this is still sad because he's still a life, not a thing that can be thrown away without consequence.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Now this is just cruel. If they didn't want the baby, they shouldn't have done the deed in the first place.

5. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

Disgusting people. >:\

6. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

It's really sad and disgusting. I know this happens often in all parts of the world and it's annoying how little one can do to stop it.

7. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Is anyone else amazed at the fact that the baby survived? That kid's a trooper.

Really, though... this is just horrifying. If they didn't want the child and the pregnancy was unintentional, they could have just given it up for adoption instead of trying to downright get rid of it like that. :/

8. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

As sad and horrible as this story is, this little sentence makes me feel good.

9. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

I'm not gonna rant, but it'd be nice to see this much generosity in preventing poverty in the first place. In not putting people in a position where they can't afford their child.

Like, welfare's surely a good thing if it means babies not getting flushed down toilets.

[edit] for posterity, I didn't know it was an "accident". I may as well shift some of the blame to anyone who makes being poor and pregnant a shameful thing.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2013-05-30 at 02:18 PM.

10. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

China has a government funded and paid abortion service and yet they still do this.

This is downright disgusting.

11. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

May this baby never find out who his birth parents are and what they did to him.
    Last edited by holycow; 2013-05-29 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Thanks Sapta

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Birth parents, not real parents.

13. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

Update: Baby's mother found.

14. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

This story made me really sad, but in the same time you can't completely blame the mother. Not in China, anyways. This somewhat reminds me of the 2 year old little girl in China who got ran over by 2 trucks and people watched but didn't think to help her at all. :\

15. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

I think you completely missed the post right above yours, it links to an article that explains that it wasn't mothers intention but it was a poorly managed accident. So yeah, you can't completely blame her, if it was just an accident.
    But if you're talking about her trying to murder her baby, how is it that her nationality becomes a justification for trying to kill a baby?
    Maybe chinesse people won't completely blame her; but we can and should.

16. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

I did read the post above mine. I'm saying you can't blame her because of what she was going through: http://behindthewall.nbcnews.com/_ne...er-hands?lite=. As far as referring to China, I was referring to her situation and the government they have there, along with the incident with the little girl in my post. Be nice.

17. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

Sadly, I think if babies fit through toilets here too, this story could have happened anywhere, including north america. For example, very recently a newborn baby was found in a Walmart's bathroom, I can't remember if it was in Canada or the States. Nice to read that this baby is doing okay at least!

18. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

So she gave birth in a public toilet? No one heard or said anything? Then she just waltz up to staff and said something was wrong with their toiletries?

What the pineapple.

19. Default Re: Baby found in sewer pipe

No, it was in her apartment, since one report said she alerted her landlord. If the story is to be believed, she thought she had to use the toilet, and out popped a baby instead. Not sure if believe.. childbirth at full term is usually a long and painful process. If it was always as easy as she had it, midwives and obstetricians would be out of business.