Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Omg. The new mystic door animation!

I love it!

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

These are like all the things I've been wanting them to change about Magicians for years now :D. An actual revamp!

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

At least they made Magic Armour actually useful. That skill has always been a a joke and a half.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I don't see why old school Dragon Knights (I am one of them as well) are so sad about the true death of the Dragon Knight.

When our 4th job first came out everything was fine, it was more like enhancing our Dragon powers with the powers of Darkness. But as time when on and Nexon kept revamping us and turning us more towards using darkness than anything else. Really, Nexon has changed the class into what it should have been all along. It was stupid that they couldn't make up their mind on what they wanted our theme to be, Dragons or Darkness? Every other class takes the step up the logical latter of class advancement, DrK's were the only one who were unique in the sense that they couldn't make up their mind.

I wonder, what would everyone's reactions be if they changed it into a more Dragoon-like class? I love my Dragon Knight before it became a Dark Knight and always will, but I am not all overly emotional nostalgia tripping though.

That said, I would love to see a Dragoon like class that only uses spears despite my love of polearms.

5. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I was wrong. The new icon for the movement skill in 1st Job looks like it could be FJ, which I assumed given the previous poster saying as such, but a quick Google Translate of the skill name reveals it's indeed Teleport. Which, yes, is definitely great being moved to 1st Job now.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Is that a 100% cool down reduce on twister spin?

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

They messed up big time during Jump and Tempest, and this was the only way to fix the weird jump from dragons to darkness (instead of Dragon Knight + Beholder originally).

I definitely liked the dragon side more though. It's not nostalgia; there was just this Dragoon/mystic theme to the Dragon Knight that classes like Kaiser or Angelic Buster don't have.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

No.

Look forward to a second Nova Warrior.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Changes are indeed interesting. I like how they just replaced the old stuff with a "new skill" with basically a new animation. Seems to be not so bad in terms of reworkings. Still kinda bummed that the double weapons users kinda only show swords in the animation. But if i'm not mistaken, different weapons actually have a use now?

Kinda irked tat they sort of streamlined the classes but with different animations for things, but I'll wait for vids before passing complete judgement.

10. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I don't feel much love for the new Fire/Poison loadout. Feels like too much fire and not enough poison in it.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Rush has been moved to 3rd job

THANK YOU.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I will wait for translations and/or videos before sending my brother a summary for dissection, but from a preliminary glance through, I can predict a few of his responses.

A Bind? Yay! One that prevents attacking for the entire duration? Compared to the other Binds, that's pomegranate. Of course, I might be reading the description wrong.
    Why is Elquines now fire?
    Why was CL made slower (weaker) and weaker especially compared to the lack of changes in Paralyze/Firelyze?
    I don't need so many things following me, Storm Cloud, Elquines, Pets, Android, Familiar, too much.
    Unless those cumulative ice effects affect bosses in some way, there is no way most mobs are surviving past two hits.
    What about Hypers (GC specific)?
    At least three or four skills which I don't know what is going on.

As a Bishop, semi-mainer:
    A non-elemental Angel Ray with wacky range?! Thank the Goddess!
    Lowered Resurrect cooldown, not bad.
    An interesting 2nd Job buff, what might you do, other than increase EXP.
    Cool Door.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Oh God I didn't even notice that until you spoke up. Why Nexon, why?

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Not really sure how I feel about this yet... I like the new animations but nerfing DoT damage and some of the skill changes just seem pointless.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

At first I thought they nerfed Power Stance for warriors, but checked again and they have 40% in 1st job and 60% in 4th job and it's passive. Yay, less buffs to cast!

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

It seems like a lot of things were made slower. Wonder why that is. Also maybe it's just me now but a lot of these changes make me see 5th job as more plausible. Idk what it was but some of the skills in 4th job just made me think "What the flying pineapple are they going to do if a 5th job ever comes!?"

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this...

Also I'm not sure why F/Ps' DoT damage was nerfed. DoT does crap damage as of now. "Masters of DoT" my ass, Nexon... :/

EDIT: Though it appears there's a skill related to DoT, so I'll just wait for all the skills to be translated.

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

After going through Fire-Poison changes, I think it's a good overall change. Ignite and Meteo look like really interesting changes with a strong boost in damage. Especially the Meteo change brings an interesting aspect to the playstyle. Slime Virus sounds cool, but it may be relegated to Reaper status since it focuses on mob death, though it can be used without it unlike Reaper.

I'm assuming 5th job will focus more on poison if there's this much fire though. Or they don't care any more.

Damage Over Time Nerfs:
    • Poison Breath 80% for 10s to 40% for 8s
    • Poison Mist 180% for 15s to 140% for 10s
    • Fire Demon Removed
    • Meteor Shower DoT Removed

Damage Over Time Buffs:
    • Slime Virus 160% for 10s
    • Flame Haze 190% for 12s
    • Fervent Drain +25% for every dot

Yeah, that's such a gigantic nerf. Must suck to be Fire Poison Mages.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I'm really liking what they did with Beholder. It now bears purpose <3

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

There is this fully translated description with animations untill max updates his blog
    http://leafre.net/korean-maplestory-...revamps-27099/