Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I wonder if they have any plans on expanding the 'series special skill' theme to other class groups.

Spoiler

After reading the i/l translations this is looking to be a great revamp.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

JoeTang exists to say pineapple you to complainers. But how will you rationalize Paladins, eeeeeeeehhhh?

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Another note for mages - It would appear we may no longer be advancing at lvl 8. The new skill set is only 65 points at maximum. Mages advancing at lvl 8 would get 70 SP total. Bumping it to 10 would get it down to 64 like everyone else, which would result in everything in first job being maxed except for 1 skill (only 1 point short, like most others).

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Also, Heros are getting Combo System and based Skills on that? SWEETJESUS.

I guess these are the individual 'special' skills for each class, in order to make them more appealing in party-situations.
    Small parties want a Bishop to get even MOAR exp.
    You want more criticals? Grab an I/L.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

those changes to mages, i like them.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I edited my comment.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I don't think so.

Look to the left. I don't need to speak korean to guess that says "Mages at level 8" "Warriors, Bowman, Thieves and Pirates at level 10"

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I love the changes to Paladin its about damn time! and now Paladin gets new 2nd party skill!

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Then it would appear that we will have Phantom syndrome and have a stack of unused SP. Using the extracted skill tables, I count 66 points of skills. Advancement at lvl 8 will give 70 points. The only solution for it would be to not give the standard 4 points for advancement that we get now.
    EDIT - I hope they divided SP into job pools like non-adventurers do. If we have 4 unused 1st job points, how are we ever going to successfully do a SP reset?

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Woah, I was hoping they'd renew some of the old skills...and this definitely went beyond my expectations. Absolutely loving those renewed animations.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

OMG PALADINS NOW HAVE RESSURECTION???? And we can make our allies invincible?????

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

The new I/L summons look kickass! I just need to see Chain Lightning hitting multiple monsters now, but I expect I'll be satisfied. I don't really give a pineapple about damage as long as Chain Lightning looks and sounds awesome.

13. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Glacial Chain moved to 3rd job and cooldown removed? Sweet mother oh yes.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I'm so happy with the I/L changes, and the mages in general. All the newer mage classes have gotten better teleports, so I love that they've finally done something to make ours more unique with the ice and fire trails. It seems a little weird that we get two summons, but they both look great. It also looks like freeze now increases our crit rate, so now that has a use during bossing. I do wonder if it's just for us, or it works for anyone attacking an affected monster -- it would make a cool party skill.

Also: I need this ice dragon in my life.

As for the paladins, I don't really understand what's going on there. It looks like instead of the charges being buffs that affect charge blow, they're all separate attack skills now? If that's the case, that's really disappointing. Blast is also disappointing if I'm understanding this correctly and it no longer changes to match active charges. I also really wish they changed the animation for Heaven's Hammer because I've always hated how it looks. The revive and party defense are nice though.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Imagine pairing your two summons with your UA sprite.

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I'm pleased overall with the Mage changes. I still don't get why Magic Booster didn't get an animation revamp if Magic Guard did though.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Apparently Paladin got some defense nerfs.

Shield Mastery: DEF increase +200% --> +50%, Guard Rate +20% --> +40%, Elemental/Status Resistance 0% --> 20%
    Guardian: Removed (loss of 32% Elemental/Status Resistance and 32% ignore damage chance)
    Achilles: 21% resistance --> 20% resistance
    Divine Shield: 12 hits --> 10 hits
    Mastery: DEF +400, Mastery 95% --> 70%

Sounds like it will be much harder to reach 9,999 DEF, and guard chance is reduced in general. The buffs to attack skills and the added 10% instant kill chance seem nice though.

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. Forgot 20% resistance and 20% guard from Parashock. That's alright to me then.

Seriously though, I wish they just get rid of Mastery Books. Why must this be for testing only? Why???

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Magic Guard finally got a renewed animation after all these years.

Doubling the time it takes to cast Booster? Are you serious...? And the flash jump and new Rush animation look similar to Mikhail's.

Time to wait for Max to update his blog with this entry and see the bedazzleness/rage.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

After going through the I/L changes, the only reasonable explanation I can see to the nerf to Chain Lightning is that it being a step faster than Paralyze would have led to more Blizzard procs would be significantly higher DPS than before this patch.

Frozen Orb looks like it'll be like that Mechanic skill, Angelic Buster's Supernova, Wild Hunter's Assisstant Hunting Unit, though without seeing it, I can't determine which of x, time, and subtime are which. Going off intuition, it lasts 8 seconds, attacks every 1.8s, and "freezes" for 4 seconds? It has a cooldown of 5 seconds and a rather long cast time.
    I/Ls have a new freezing mechanic that works on bosses, as shown in the above video. They can stack multiple freezing effects from what I understand, and for each freezing effect, they get a critical hit bonus (3% in 2nd job, 5% in 4th job). The most noticeable and practical of these effects appears to be Chilling Step. Teleport and there's a chance of the ground where you're going to end up becoming frozen, freezing anything that walks into it. I'm not sure what the limit is to this, and it's possible it's only limited to Chilling Step at the moment, as no other skill references this stacking effect; however, every Ice based skill has gained new variables, s, and v, very likely dictating a slow effect for bosses and non-bosses for this freeze effect (which may not fully freeze non-bosses?).

Freezing Breath doesn't do any damage. It's purely a support skill. You're invulnerable while you use it, and for every second, it appears to reduce the enemy's defense by a certain amount (varies for physical vs magical). It binds for this duration as well.