Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

this post is totally worth several pineapples to me. although i am not a paladin main by any means, i have quite a few of them as buddies and have my own pally to play around with.

paladins should have a passive skill that facilitates ALL AGGRO to them when they attack, like puppet but until they die and hit the monster again. no matter how much damage or whatever the paladin is going to keep aggro
    some sort of buff should ignore DR (besides sacrosanctity obviously) for a short time, or a buff that ignores % HP damage and converts it into normal calculated touch damage

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

How about a party buff that protects everyone from DR damage? Magic Crash looks like it actually dispels now (as opposed to being useless if used after a DR buff by mistake), but having a Pally make it so people won't die the moment DR goes up would be cool.

3. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I do agree with you on most points, but not so much on the threaten animation or having paladins being a mainly holy class.

I know a lot of people really like the current Paladins because they're Holy elemental tanks that don't die against anything outside of Arkarium, Magnus, and Root Abyss; however, I was a Paladin back before the first ever Balance Patch, and I loved that version! Back then, Paladins were elemental knights with some nifty defensive skills as well, and I think this current revamp is trying to give back their original appeal. I'm not saying the original Paladin was the best Paladin, but at the very least I understand why they want to try and make the current one more like a mix between the old and the new.

As for the threaten animation, I personally love this new one because it actually looks pretty threatening. I do think Threaten should have some kind of agro drawing effect though.

Oh yeah, and a suggestion of what I think they should do with swords and blunt weapons. I think they should make swords should have 10% minimum critical damage, while giving blunt weapons something like +20% max crit and -10% minimum critical damage. I think that would bring back the old draw for blunt weapons, which was being able to hit the hardest while having less stable damage. Alternatively, they could make Paladin Mastery grant only 65% mastery, and have the sword bonus be +10% mastery and have the blunt weapon bonus be +15% attack or something. That way most Paladins used to the 94% mastery from ACB will be able to enjoy 95% mastery now, or switch over to hit higher numbers.

Also, I think Shield Mastery should have its name switched to something like Armor Mastery. Have it grant +50% defense when warrior exclusive armor is worn, and then a +25% defense when a shield is equipped (total 75% defense), Guard rate 30% and +10% Guard rate with a shield (total 40% Guard rate), and have +30 weapon attack with -20 weapon attack with a shield (net +10 attack). So that way Paladins can use the two handed alternatives and deal more damage overall while one handed uses still boast higher defense, but not so much as to make the two handed option downright absurd.

Now for the record, these ideas were off the top of my head, so they're probably flawed, but if even one person reads them and thinks: "Hey, that might work, but maybe we can do better," then I will be satisfied with the time it's taken me to write all of this out.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I was a pre-bb Paladin aswell and loved what Paladins were made into.
    But even before bigbang holy charge was mostly used making it seem like a holy class I guess.
    But yeah, ice charge served a purpose though because not every mob could be 1 hit KO'd yet like these days.

And on the whole thing about swords VS blunt weapons.
    Perfect, that would make me so happy if they did what you suggested.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Well, at least it appears stacking the Series Effect can effectively be done with one skill, Ice Orb. Or if you are so inclined Chilling Step or Glacier Chains would do it less effectively/quickly. Ice Orb should also get a bump up in damage, I suspect.

Confirmation on not only having 1 slow attacking summon, but two. It shouldn't be so difficult, what did you do with the Corsair summon? Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. I know that's flippant and simplistic, but I don't think it should be that hard to boost summon attack speed, all of them, F/P's too. Hell, the new hummingbahamut animation looks like it can fire twice per second.

Lastly, Elquines yet again doesn't freeze. They broke its freezing in GMS some time ago, I guess let's just make it permanent.

It raises Critical Rate on the afflicted monster up to 15%/25%, 3%/5% per each stack of the Series Skill in 2nd and 4th Jobs, respectively, the thing that says X1, X2, ..., X5. It might also Slow bosses, no word on that yet though. It probably doesn't work for party members, it'd be cool if it did.

6. Cash0 Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

F/P's New/Changed Skills:

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

so we no more need skillbook for angel ray?

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Looks like paralyze cuts back in damage by a ton when mobbing

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

As long as the nerfs are not too drastic, damage is not that much of an issue for me as long as it makes the gameplay more enjoyable.

But from looking at the i/l vids the new attacks are too slow.

Instead of ice attacks making mobs immobile due to being frozen, it has a slow effect now?

Well that is disappointing. :/

I guess that it's good since it allows ice effects to work on bosses but I enjoyed the previous mechanic much more. Perhaps they can change it to freezing mobs and slowing bosses?

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

I've always thought that a nice effect of ice attacks would be to reduce an enemy's rate of attack, or attack speed by a certain amount, rather than just reduce their speed.

Would be a very good option against harder bosses, and you could use another charge for easier bosses

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

No "We" do not want all those things. The majority including myself dont give a crap about blunt weapons at all, granted it don't make sense to have sword animation if your using a mace. Blast should definitely not go back to 1hit skill. The old threaten was cool and cute but the new animation is really good and fits in the game much better. Also I now realize why blast only has one animation because because all the charges are active. But i still going to miss the different blast animations. My idea is still make a different blast animation for each element like before but be able to chose which one to use with blast + arrow key command input like aran and kaiser. Each one would give a different bonus or something.

The most important thing we needed was a very substantial damage increase. Thats what we always needed and what i always wanted for the past 8 years. Having more super high defense is useless now days when all the new bosses just ignore all our defenses and 1hit ko us anyway like Arkarium, Magnus, Azwan and Root Abyss. That makes high damage much more important at bosses than super hi defense. That being said they did take too much of our defense away. They need to give some back to us. Parashock Guard sucks and is not worth using at a major boss as it is now. it needs a way bigger buff than 10 attack to lose that much guard and def. And for Paladin Expert there should be no separate bonuses for using a sword vs blunt weapon. Give both buffs regardless of the weapon.

Thank you very much joe for your analysis and i do agree with it. i have some questions. Does the 15 second blast buff stack and apply to all skills or just blast? Also this video shows that lightnings stun DOT does work on Boss mobs but they can still move around freely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwG82fP6Qw

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

actually, you do give a crap, because us asking to have blunt weapon charges is somehow bothering you?(meaning, you do give a crap about it, just deep down). If it doesn't bother you, and majority of paladins don't care about blunt weapons, then you should have no problem with having optional blunt weapon charges. We are not asking them to soley make blunt weapon charges, we are asking to have the option if you are using a blunt weapon. Yes, blast needs to go back to a 1 on 1. Its not even used as an attack anymore. Its more like, hey if i use this attack while having 5 charges, EVEN if i attack nothing, ill gain buffs. Thats what blast has been reduced to, a slow buff attack. Are we looking at the same skill? I see a black and white marshmellow getting ready in for a pounding. It doesn't fit with the current maple style at all, but that is a matter of preference.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

They need to make a class that only uses 2h BW (and maybe 2h axe?) so people will stop whining on how useless they are.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

From looking at the f/p video paralyze can still make mobs immobile despite being changed to a fire based skill...

I'm not sure why f/p have better 'freezing' abilities than i/l but I'll go with it.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

From a logical point of view, the fact that pallies have the option, but using it is retarded, annoys me.

@Sephie; or heck, besides spears they could make a new weapon, "rapiers" (if rapiers werent just a hilt and a stick, meaning little difference between weapon sprites...)

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

If we are goin to use rapiers, it best have a base critical of 15-20% q.q my inner fire emblem/D&D nerdness is showing

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

I think it's a glitch. There's always at least one awful glitch with F/Ps' skills whenever we get revamped. She did 5000 damage per hit on one enemy, then did 200+ damage per hit to it afterwards. I guess it's an issue with Burning Magic and/or Elemental Drain.

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

You need to read better. He was acting like he was speaking for all paladins with his list when he only speaking for a very small minority when most in the game don't like or care about them. Did you even see the part where i said "granted it don't make sense to have sword animation if your using a mace." That means they should add them eventually for completeness sake but If they added them or not wouldn't matter to most because most all use swords anyway so its not a priority whatsoever over more important things that paladins need and Nexon agrees.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

What about a lance? It would be like a one-handed spear so you could use it with a shield.

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.478 - Warrior and Mage Skill Changes

Heres another paladin video DOT damage finally works on bosses