IGN: xSolitariax
    Server: Windia
    Level: 163
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Mushfriends
    Farm: SolarSoli
    chile

Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'd like to know if the only way to get more monster slots is by buying them with jems (the things you need NX to purchase)... Up until now, I thought you got 1 slot every time you leveled the farm, but I reached level 7 and didn't get a new slot. :(

Thank you, in advance, for your help!

3. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

The maximum you can get through leveling is 18, that's the "Max Mobs" column of the first spoiler, "EXP Table and Mob Limits", you'll get another monster slot at level 8, 10, 15, 18, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 33, and 37. Other than that, you have to purchase slots with gems.

4. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Nexon's news post says they stop being combineable as well as giving potential. Will be a bit before anyone can tell for sure though.

Does anyone know when the special shop shows up? There's that bonus chance, but what do you do that has that chance of letting it appear? Is it just around for 10% of the hours in a day?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

For me it almost always shows up the first time I go on my farm on any given day (i.e., shortly after midnight). Way more often than 10% of the days. Only once each day, though, regardless of whether it's a mule farm I only bother to get on to get the daily gift, or my main one that I enter at least ten times a day to harvest and/or do the repeatable quests. It does seem to last a while when it appears, though: I've seen it, exited ML, came back in, and it was still available.

6. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

The bonus for the Undead category is interesting. At S rank it says EXP loss per death -6% .
    Does this stack with the Cannon Master card bonus? If it did, a S rank CM card (-4%) would mean no exp loss for the whole account.
    Or is that not how it works? 10-6-4=0 Seems like it would be too good to be true.

Edit:
    Never mind, I did some experimenting killing my storage mules.
    Seems my base death loss is 5% (thought it was 10%??)
    With Undead monster 'exp loss per death -2%', lost 4.9%
    With Undead monster and S level Cannon Master card (-4%), lost 4.7%.
    So the bonus for Monster life or CM character card is not x% off of the y% you would normally lose, but instead decreases what you would normally lose by x%. Probably wouldn't save a minutes worth of training in most cases.
    Neither the undead monster life bonus or the Cannon master card bonus are worth bothering with.
    Gosh Nexon, you are sooooooooooooooo generous.
    Last edited by MissingLink; 2013-06-04 at 05:31 PM.

7. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Regarding the special combinations, is there any particular order as to which the combining monsters must be?
    Right now, I'm trying to get a Pharaoh Yeti. I have a Pharaoh Mummy. However, I've tried combining with probably over 15 Yeti and Pepes with no luck. Am I required to be the one with a Yeti and Pepe or is it just bad luck/low probability? Thanks in advance.

8. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Just bad luck + low probability. I think somewhere it was implied that the special combos were a sure thing, but Nexon would never make things that easy.

Edit: I used my Phoenix with SelfPotato's Lyka (which is the specified order) and got a rank C mushroom, so yeah.

Maybe the special combos that use special monsters are sure thing, eg Mir+Mir->Teenage Mir, but I wouldn't bet on it.

9. Electron Straight Female
    IGN: xSolitariax
    Level: 163
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Mushfriends
    Farm: SolarSoli
    chile

I wouldn't have asked if I had found the info in the spoilers. ^^

Thank you for the reply and the info.

Best regards~

10. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

I just did the same thing, twice, and it warns you before combining that the combination is starting, and if unsuccessful you will get a lo ranked monster. I got 2 C ranks.

11. Electron Straight Female
    IGN: EvanelleOnyx
    Level: 160
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Typical
    Farm: OnyxForest
    usa

Ehh, that makes me considerably less excited about my quest for a Pap Clock so that my friend and I can make Dark Lumi.

I guess if it were easy, though, they wouldn't be special.

12. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Level 40 isn't the max level right? base on ur chat it said that to reach level 41 req 100k exp... so I guessing max level is 100? or 99?

13. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Not super interesting, but I've finally got some expired monsters so I can confirm:
    - you can't nurture them
    - you can't combine with them
    - other people can't combine with them
    - other people can't play with them

Basically they're just occupying space.

In one month of reasonable diligence I got mine to level 25. I suspect you could do more if you had people playing with them.

14. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

It's horribly irritating because it takes so long to hit level 20 on 10 mobs... one mistake and *poof* you have to start over again.

Hadriel

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Is it really 10 mobs? The bar that shows the quest's progress is currently telling me "3/5". Guess I'll know when I get 5.

16. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

I'm really new to this still, but what's an easy combination to make a plant?

It's for the quest.

17. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Yeah I noticed that as well. Lost my rank B Bovine (not that it really matters to my main) and decided to combine all my monsters, who are about to expire, in hopes of keeping my potentials. I was somewhat successful. :/

18. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

You're correct. It is indeed only 5, so that's another typo for Nexon to correct... which will probably be never. If you want an SS let me know.

Hadriel

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

Combine a Rank C monster of yours with someone else's Rank C Plant. It'll usually come out the same type as your monster, but sometimes (one in 4?) it will be a Plant.
    Good luck.

20. Default Re: Monster Life Info Guide

Oh my word... Maximiser achievement needs a level 30 monster (just one)... dis is crazy... gotta be really strict about your nurturing.

Hadriel