Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Patch 2.4 Notes
    Patch 2.38 Notes | Patch 2.35 Notes | Patch 2.3 Notes | Patch 2.28 Notes | Patch 2.25 Notes | Patch 2.2 Notes | Patch 2.16 Notes | Patch 2.15 Notes | Patch 2.1 Notes

On-going Events:
    October 20th ~ November 3rd: All Saints' Wake (Witches and ghouls, oh my!)

Up-coming Events:
    Spring 2015: FFXIV: Heavensward Expansion

Past Events:

Product Page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

So Square Enix has finally released the retail pricing of the game, as well as the subscription prices. They will have details about the PS3 digital copies later on.

PS3 Collector's Edition (physical): $79.99
    PC Collector's Edition (physical): $69.99
    PC Collector's Edition (digital): $49.99

PS3 Standard Edition (physical): $39.99
    PC Standard Edition (physical/digital): $29.99

Collector's Edition digital upgrade: $19.99

They have two subscription tiers: Entry and Standard. Entry accounts have a total maximum of 8 characters with a maximum of 1 character per world. Standard accounts have a total maximum of 40 characters with a maximum of 8 characters per world.

Entry (30 days): $12.99/month
    Standard (30 days): $14.99/month
    Standard (90 days): $13.99/month
    Standard (180 days): $12.99/month

Fellow Crystal Bearers:

Forum NameFinal Fantasy XIV IGNWorldTransfer Status
    baboYoon StarlightCactuar 
    DerosisDerosis SentiaCactuar 
    baklavaMog KnightGilgamesh 
    TikeyAiota KlausGilgamesh 
    EosEos IanHyperion 
    PolantarisLeyna MaravosHyperion 
    kremechokoFaetix NovaLeviathan 
    Toastyc12Sugar SouffleLeviathan 
    FoolyzElos TurimaMidgardsormr 
    FoxinoKitsu NekoMoogle (EU) 
    SophHanae YonaiUltros 
    ThunderLucifer MorningstarUltros 

-> = Player is going to transfer to a different world. May be left blank if undecided on which world.
    ? = Player is willing to transfer to a different world. May be left blank if undecided on which world.
    ** The Transfer Status field will be left completely blank if player is not willing to transfer at all.
    Last edited by Tikey; 2015-06-18 at 09:23 AM.

2. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Here's the most important question: Is the game...fixed? I've heard so many things before their shutdown at the end of last year.

Also I'm surprised they're going to go with a subscription after so many superb B2P games have been released and so many P2P games have gone F2P recently. Wondering what they're thinking there.

3. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

The only question I have is do I get Digital or Physical ;A;

4. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'll just leave these here now that the NDA is partially lifted.

:3

FATE Encounter

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Again at a different view

New debuff stacking

5. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Ugh this was tucked at the bottom of the page. I didn't even realize this was here. Anyway, hella hyped about the new updates and races/classes coming out. Not to mention the Benchmarking makes me really wanna play now.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

There are scythes, but they've been delegated to the secondary weapon of a harvest class of sorts .

7. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Oh dang. I quit this back in 2011 because it was slowly becoming a WoW clone. Removing stamina and taking away field boss hunting kinda killed it for me. How is the new game? Basically in these points:

- Is the game engine fixed? It needed ridiculous specs for the output.
    - How is battle? I liked the earliest battle system but hated the skill bar ( looks great in those screenshots )
    - Any info on crafting? I loved this part of the game!
    - Do we still need macros when switching class?
    - Have they revamped the world map? The original was quite bland but loved the towns.
    - They kept on nerfing guildleves over and over. Are these still important or is there a new way to level / get materials?
    - Lastly, do people with 1.0 accounts need to buy the game again?

Sorry for the extensive list, I've been gone years.

8. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

- The game engine is much better than what 1.0 had because the engine has been optimized to work on the PS3. The spec requirements are much lower and you can easily play the game on a mid-range computer. At this point of the beta, the game client itself is only using up around 800MB of RAM.

- So far I'm loving the battle system, especially the Thaumaturge mechanics. For Thaumaturge, you have to strike a balance between fire and ice due to the unique buffs that they give you (compare the MP costs of my fire and ice spells in each screenshot). The thunder element is there as more of a support spell, dealing damage over time. Spells share a GCD while weapon skills do not.

- Crafting is fairly engaging and actually requires you to plan out how efficiently you want to use your TP. Crafting materials, along with crystal shards, are required with high quality crafting materials increasing the base % chance of obtaining a high quality item (screen). When crafting, you can choose to increase the quality of the item which in turn increases the % chance of obtaining a high quality item, advance the progress of an item in order to create it, and various other things such as increasing the item durability or placing augments to get amplified effects such as a further increase in item quality. As you get higher in crafting levels, you can start taking advantage of item condition (amplified increases in quality depending on the condition) and melding materia.

- You switch classes by switching the weapon you have equipped. You can also save equipment sets so you can just change on the fly. You can also adopt skills from other classes that you have leveled. The amount of skills you can adopt depends on your current class level while the amount of skills available depends on the levels of your other classes. In this screenshot, I have Cure, Protect, and Aero from my Conjurer equipped on my Thaumaturge.

- The map, in my opinion, provides a lot of information for you. Things such as quest location, FATEs, guildleves are displays, as are more minor things such as shops and chocobo stables. The mini-map will also point to available quests and FATEs.

- Guildhests and levemetes are great ways to level up secondary classes, ones that missed out on story and side quests. They mostly just provide experience and gil, but some will provide items.

- They do have to buy the game again, however people that have 1.0 are granted legacy status and have a lower subscription fee than everyone else ($9.99 per month compared to the costs in the OP).

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

How do you rate it, say, compared to GW2/WoW/Maplestory/whatever?

10. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Hmm... It's pretty high up there due to the amount of things to do in the game, and how easily accessible those things are at a fairly low level. There's a very linear progression in the storyline that the game takes advantage of by walking the player through all of the different systems the game has using that storyline, making the game very easy to get in to. The game always has a sense of direction and you're not just thrown into a scenario wondering what to do, like in say MapleStory or TERA.

11. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply! It does a lot better than 1.0 and hearing these changes have gotten me curious about the game now. :3 will definitely be giving it at least a try when it launches again.

12. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

So I got into the Beta recently. I'm enjoying it a lot, actually, but I have to ask....What Beta Testing Phase is it at? I saw mention on some page on the main site that there's four phases, and on the fourth there is potential to keep your Beta characters, but they will be deleted at the end of the third.

I just scoured the forums and cannot find any hint of what Phase is currently taking place. I don't want to invest a lot of time just to have my character deleted. I saw a mention on an early June post that they were "half-way into Phase III," but that doesn't really help me much.

Did I get invited into Phase IV? The forums seem really disorganized and hard to navigate and find something you actually care about, especially in reference to information about the game itself and its current Beta status.

Edit: Nevermind, finally found it. Phase III it is.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Hi, I got in too.

Graphics are beautiful. Unsure of what class to build.

14. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

This is the 5th and final week of Phase 3. Phase 4 should start up in about 3 weeks. You can see a brief overview on what we're testing in the beta roadmap.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf

Oh, and I'll be playing on Gilgamesh during Phase 4 and upon release.

15. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Interesting.

Unfortunately, a good friend of mine who played the original release maxed out in Hyperion, so that will be the server I will be on.

16. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'm really pondering between the PC and PS3 release.
    I would love to get everything out of the game graphically but my pc isn't the most up to date machine in the market..
    ( i5-2500k, Ati Radeon 5870 )
    Would be nice if someone could point out their opinions on choosing the platform!
    I wish SE had FFXIV demo on PS3, it would be nice to try out how the controls work before deciding.

17. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'm sure your computer will be able to play the game as it looks like you have somewhat above the minimum requirements. Have you tried running the benchmark?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html

I've heard the game still looks great at low settings (even moreso than the PS3 version).

18. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Oh yeah I should run the benchmark! And I actually thought of buying a new ASUS GTX660 Ti-DC2 2GD5 card on sale for 200e!
    Guess I should preorder it for less now then ^^ thanks

19. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Open Beta when please. ;-;

20. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

http://www.mmocast.com/news/final-fa...-beta-details/