Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

So any clue what server we should all be on? I heard Excalibur was pretty bad in terms of economy.

2. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I've tried Ragnarok, Bahamut and Coeurl. Didn't see much difference and given what's coming I don't think there's really going to be an economy for at least a while there.

3. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

It is pretty pointless to decide on a server based on economy before they even go live. In regards to that though, you are best off joining a Legacy server. Also, the NDA isn't lifted until Phase 4 ("Open Beta"), just FYI.

4. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

@Xenon; The worlds will be carried over from Test 3 -> Test 4 -> Live so it matters little, but I'm a little picky because of that. A good flowing market means lots of people in the server.

@Eos; So economy aside, does that mean we should group in a Legacy or one of the other ones?

5. Default Re: Final Fantsy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

It doesn't really matter, wherever we group is where we'll be. It's impossible to say how the influx of new users will impact the populations and economies or how long it'll take everything to stabilize, so best we can do is be somewhere early.

6. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I dunno if it helps, but the vocal community has agreed to make Gilgamesh and Behemoth to be non-Legacy RP servers.

7. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

So I'm guessing we're not going to an RP server? And the higher possibility is a Legacy server at that. I guess we just settle for whatever server name sounds the best at the moment? lol

8. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

So, wait. What is the difference between a Legacy and a Non-Legacy server?

9. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

None really, unless they blocked world transfers from legacy's and the non-legacy servers are completely new and unpopulated on opening, which seems to be it.

10. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Pre-Order Registration Codes can be redeemed on the 20th.

https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...?rgn=na&lng=en
    Last edited by Tikey; 2013-08-08 at 03:43 AM.

11. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I don't know what server I'm going to as I'm very anal about this stuff so I left it up to a friend of mine who then left it up to a friend of his.

12. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I figure most of us will land where we land, and can worry about regrouping later if we feel like moving or feel too scattered. We're supposed to get a free world transfer in six months anyway. Plenty of time to see if we even like the new game, what differences the worlds develop and agree on one to call our own.

13. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Well Server stuff out of the way. What is everyone gonna pick for their job? Personally I'm probably gonna go either Bard, White Mage, Dragoon, or Summoner.

classes cause why not

14. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'm still deciding on whether to take the advancement at 35 or not. You get a wider variety of skills and spells if you don't take it, right?

15. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Either Summoner or Black Mage for me.

16. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

It's open classed, why did you phrase it like you only get one?

17. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Well I meant like White Mage, or Dragoon. Mostly after you finish subclassing. Something you want to main, or something that purely interests you.

18. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I really don't think the concept applies. I was almost 50 everything, including the up-steps like Monk & BM/WM.

And did it all solo. Game had no real challenge behind time investment and even that was trivial compared to pre-BB Maple.

19. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'm going to try every class but I'll probably end up sticking with Summoner.

20. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Probably gonna play a human Archer through the open beta. I won't buy the game though, unless it blows my mind.