Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Since screenshots were requested...I thought this might be one SP would enjoy (No spoilers or anything):

Spoiler

2. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

NO NO NO! I took this pic last night, but forgot to upload it. Damn you!

Spoiler

3. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Buhahahaha, I win!

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

yea, this is exacty what i meant, random pictures!

and that IS one weirdly designed sword dang. keeping the cutting side down must be difficult as snats

5. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Poor Chinchillas.

6. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

7. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Well, Behemoth kind of makes sense to be in the same place, storyline even refers to that area as his domain.

8. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

When you guys and or girls get around to doing Ifrit hard, make sure one of the tanks (A Paladin is necessary for this part) ONLY interrupts ERUPTION. Otherwise Ifrit becomes immune to stuns and everybody dies.

9. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I've heard pally is necessary for a lot of things later on, but pally kind of sucks at holding aggro from me compared to warrior and has much lower damage output; why is it necessary? There's even a warrior that tanked coil up to part 3.

10. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Paladin has a much better stun, which works wonders for Eruption and I never struggle to hold emnity. If a Paladin is struggling, he sucks or a Bard just blew all their cooldowns at the start.
    Paladins are all about rotation, my usual combo is.

-Start->Provoke>Flash>Fast Blade> Savage Black> Rage of Halone>(Do that combo while adding in Flash when someone is catching up on emnity, Provoke when possible)

Shield Oath must always be on when a Paladin is tanking.

11. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Pally holds aggro great...against single target. Even spamming flash they can't hold aggro from me healing while warrior can. I do tend to overheal a bit, but hey, it's their job to hold aggro, it's mine to heal!

12. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I've never once had a problem with holding aggro unless a WHM is spamming Medica but then that's their fault and not mine.

13. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I'm SCH and only using single targets, guess there are just a bunch of bad tanks out there.

14. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Finally got to level 15 and ran my first dungeon today. Felt very ... click boxes and cast Cure. I miss Druid heals :/ I don't want to go back to WoW, but having skills combo off each other and cooldowns to manage was a lot of fun.

How's the depth of healing at higher levels?

15. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I can't speak for high-level dungeons, as my WHM is still sitting at 30, but it's certainly not clicking boxes and casting Cure for me. You get a passive which has a chance to proc an MP-free Cure II spell every time you cast Cure, then you have your mob control skills (Fluid Aura and Repose, which you SHOULD BE USING to help your tank and in-directly help yourself. I hate healers who do nothing but occasionally cure). THEN you can DPS, clear adds, managing Cleric Stance for these instances. It's not all healing for sure. Maybe at bosses there is less to do, but those can get hectic enough later on.

EDIT: CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!

Spoiler
    Last edited by Foolyz; 2013-09-09 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added event clothing pics

16. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Amusing Dialog (No Spoilers)

17. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I mean, CC is nice and all, but it's pretty non-interactive. Hex and done. My DPS is just spamming Earth and Aero, and since there's no positive feedback from that (like healing power or MP regen buffs), there probably won't be much reason to use those in more difficult encounters where MP is tight, unless the DPS requirements are really steep.

I'm not complaining because great fight design can make simplistic gameplay just as fun, but compared to other MMOs like WoW, Rift, etc where you have heals with varying efficiencies and speeds, procs to react to (such as double power next spell, vs non-interactive free spells), and active resource management, this is extremely basic.

I might switch classes again if this doesn't work out.

18. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Advanced mechanics certainly won't come until you are into your job. If you don't like it, then switch. However, there seems like a lot to do once higher levels come around. You'll have to pay attention to your passive cure procs, Freecure and Overcure, reducing emnity with Shroud, and managing Presence of Mind and Divine Seals cooldowns. Also, don't use Stone after you get Stone II unless you need the Heavy status, you'll notice your damage jump tremendously. You also might want to try out SCH now that you've already got the required CNJ 15.

Now I don't understand this. All of the things you mentioned are in this game. You have five heals, not including regen, all with varying cast speeds and one has a long cooldown; you have a proc off of Cure that will reduce the MP cost of Cure II to 0, which will be extremely important for resource management, and then ANOTHER proc off of Cure II that will cause Cure III to have a guaranteed crit (read as "double power next spell"); and I don't understand "active resource management," because you can't spam cures all willy nilly or you will run out of MP, so you have to watch what is happening and react to save your MP.

Care to elaborate? I'm not getting it. Seems like you just don't like the playstyle, which is fine.

19. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

I started as Arcanist so I already have that to level 16, so I might do that.

I did some more research and I guess it's not as bad as I thought. I didn't realize that Cure I, II, and III were my efficient, fast, and big heals. The naming convention is just bizarre and I thought I was looking at different levels of the same spell. That's pretty much what I wanted; you should be able to spam the efficient heals and DPS skills pretty carelessly but manage the bigger and faster heals.

I guess as an example of where I'm coming from, the Resto Druid class in WoW has a HoT based theme. In addition to the three basic heals, they have a basic HoT, a big instant heal on a short cooldown that can only be applied to a target with a running HoT, and a HoT called Lifebloom that can only be placed on one target at a time and stacks on itself up to a cap (so you'd usually want to keep it on the tank, and it takes some time to reapply to another target). Lifebloom can be allowed to expire for a big burst heal, at the cost of needing to reapply stacks. Interactions between these spells include the efficient heal healing more when a HoT is running on the target, the fast heal having a high chance to crit which can proc other effects, and all direct heals applying a buff which increases the effectiveness of HoTs and vice versa.

There are also area-based and proximity-based AoE heals, a massive full raid heal on a huge cooldown, some other CDs for stuff like instant casts, HoT acceleration, self-preservation, and bestowing a large amount of temporary mana restoration for self or an ally.

I realize that some of it is unnecessary complexity that doesn't really affect the gameplay a lot, but there is quite a bit there that makes the gameplay more interesting than simply playing the encounters.

Anyway, the situation looks better than I thought, so I'm done peaching for now.

20. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Release Date: August 27th, 2013 for PC/PS3

Just beat the game, Ultima fight was really fun, red suit guy fight is the new top of the annoying list with a bad party.