1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

I kinda feel Hero's Will ought to be more spammable, or at least act as a preventable on-demand 100% resist shield. That way you are at least in control of avoiding more deadly effects.

2. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

That would be very nice, and with the whole limited entries per day, that would help alot. But then theres people like me who have over 10 chars that can solo zak/ht and etc... you see where im going with this. It would be nice if it could be control number of cubes an account could get a day day. Because whats stopping a person from just having multiple mules and having lots of his friends taking him bossing to collect the cubes. You see where a problem can arise?

I honestly wish nexon would put a system like this, but their are ways for it to be abused as well :s Making it not so wanted

and to comment on what was said above, i think hero will should have a 1-2 minute cooldown. Honestly 5 mins is too long >_<

3. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

I'd be fine with it as a 'pure defensive' move - you cast it and are 100% resistant, and in invincibility frames, but they last as long as the skill's own animation, so you can't attack. If it was set up that way, a cooldown would be unnecessary, and you'd still need to recognize when to use it.

Then easier bosses would be a matter of giving more 'lead-in' animation on the killer attacks and harder bosses you'd need to be on your toes for.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I honestly don't see why it would be a bad thing to have people who can get more of anything from bosses because they have more characters that can solo them. Back in the day, there were groups that would go and fight zakum on several characters on their accounts in order to sell more helms in one day, thus getting significantly more money. It's the same concept. It's always been there and it has never been a problem.

And yeah, Hero's Will really needs a change. I say nerf various classes' status resistance so nothing has more than 40% or so, and then make Hero's Will grant a passive 30-40% resistance along with having its cooldown lowered to around 60 seconds.

5. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

GMS could fix a bunch of this by adding in cash trading so that people can buy cubes with mesos instead of buying NX.

Alternatively, an auction house where you can auction your items for NX or mesos would be cool too.

6. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

So... MTS? D8>

7. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

There isn't a problem when it comes to items like zakum helmets, because at the end of the day, a zakum helmet is a zakum helmet, it stats stay within a preset variability no matter how many you loot. But the problem here being like in my example me, with 10 characters that can boss, is 10x more chance of cubing potetial than the person with only 1 character that can boss. Im not saying its an exact 10x, but its at most a 10x more cubing chance than someone with only 1 bossing character. When it comes to cubes, amount of cubes matters. It makes the difference between 6% 9% and 15% and 21% and 30%. Who are the people who tend to have alot of high lvl characters? The rich ._., we are trying to make a balance between rich and poor here, the rich would get alot more stronger with a system like this, while the poor with a lot of time and luck, would eventually start climbing towards the rank of being rich. If you put a limit to how many cubes you can get a day it stunts the growth of the rich, hence making the gap smaller between the rich and poor than it would be with no cap of cubes, while not harming the poor population what so ever.

It also gives a reason for people to buy the cubes in the cash shop, they want to bypass the daily cube loot, they can buy nx and use cash shop cubes.
    *i'd like to note that im not attacking you in any way/shape or form, idk i read that over and it might come off as offensive :s

As for the hero will thing, OMG YES, i want more than 15% status on my mm q.q, but then what about classes with no hero will, like ds/mihile

8. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

not necessarily. Hell it can be anything that helps get NX in the hands of non-NX enabled individuals without the whole scamming thing.

9. Neutron Male
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

As someone who's gotten tired of the game, it's pretty easy for me to rant about maple's problems. This is from the point of view of a player who has reached endgame, so it might not fully address things like lower level content and Nexon's agenda.

Get rid of the potential system

Shared by Locked and many others in this thread, this one is pretty obvious. The exponential nature of the potential system just makes the gap between the rich and poor enormous. This makes it impossible to create content that fits both the rich and the poor. New boss for the poorer players? Killed in 5 seconds by the funded players. Super boss for the funded players? Funded players can't take it down for months; newer players can't even dream of touching it.

What's difficult about this problem is that you can't fix it by simply adjusting values because there's always going to eventually be this huge gap just due to how the system inherently works. The only solution is to completely change the system so that it becomes more linear or has a cap like Locked suggests. However, that's not so simple either, because that's basically screwing over everyone who has paid for the potential system and its increased benefits for a few years now. I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I'm pretty sure these same players make up a large percentage of the players that are still playing maplestory and a very large percentage of Nexon's income from maplestory. IMO, fixing this problem and keeping your best customers happy is pretty much impossible, so the decision Nexon would have to make would have to do the opposite of what they've done for the longest time now: forgo short-term profits for a better game, increased player base, and better long-term profits.

Make in game gear improvement more significant and CS-based improvements less significant

Anything you can do, I can do in a few clicks in the CS. This is sort of relating back to the gap between the rich and the poor. A game is designed to reward your effort with a prize that is worthy of that effort you put in. Understandably, Nexon runs a business, so it has to be making money back that it doesn't make from sales, but they go too far with it. Because of the wards/shields/guardians/returns/stamps/everything in CS, it makes perfect/good/godly items too easy to obtain relative to how strong they are. This not only makes the nxless players with crafted earrings and 60% scrolled gear less significant, but it also messes up the market even for people who buy a moderate amount of nx/have moderate amounts of meso. It pretty much undermines the concept of spending time/effort for rewards because the rewards you get from doing that are so miniscule compared to dropping a few k nx on your items.

The solution is pretty easy. Just stop making EVERYTHING obtainable from CS. Right, now, quite literally, everything that requires effort/luck/anything can be solved by something in the CS. Removing some of those things will make godly items rarer, and therefore, increase the value of things that are not top of the line, decreasing that gap I keep talking about between the rich and the poor. Hefferheffer spent 20b on 27 atk BWG? There's only one or two and making it is not worth the reward until you have money to throw away. 14 atk WG's were still "godly". Hell, even 10 atk WG's meant you were significantly above average.

Stop making so many classes. If you do make classes, stop making them all good at everything

Basically, every class right now is Lebron James. They can play every position. Every new class and every revamp makes it so every class is mobile, strong, sturdy, good at mobbing, good at single target, good at everything. Physical advantages besides DPS are essentially irrelevant; the other criteria for choosing a class nowadays mainly involve just aesthetics. This sort of defeats the purpose of classes. In addition, this has the indirect effect of making party play for bossing/training less relevant as well.

Classes need to be more unique and have WEAKNESSES. That's what makes playing/choosing a particular class fun/different from the others. Actually, this should extend to everything in maple. Everything that has to do with classes/equipment is too linear. There's pretty much only one way to play most classes and one way to gear them. There needs to be places where decisions can be made that can differentiate yourself from other players, whether that be in the classes, skill tree, in gear, or in stat allocation.

Make better bosses; be more creative

Maple bossing right now is pretty much throwing your Deeps at a sandbag till it dies, occasionally stopping/counting for DR.

The ideal here is that bosses require both a little mechanical skill and a bit of strategy/decision making skills. In addition, classes should be able to either perform specific roles at certain bosses or just be quite good at a boss that other classes have major trouble at. Again, just something to make classes matter outside of damage. Magnus and RA are recent bosses that are moving closer to that, but they still don't have it right, especially in the party play aspect.

Make leveling harder; make strength gains from leveling better

Reaching the "end game" aka level 200 is a little too easy now. Getting to 200 can basically be a chore you set aside for one day after a class comes out. Leveling needs to be harder and the resulting gains from leveling need to be adjusted to make leveling worth it/significant again.

If the goal is to stop the grindfest that was old maplestory, then provide more EXP from bossing/quests. 5th job for new skills on the new 250 curve would probably solve this problem for a long time, so I'm hoping for an announcement soon on that.

=========================

There's way more, but I'm going to stop because I realize my post is turning pomegranatety. These are just the issues that personally affect me the most. Thanks to the OP for making this thread so I have an excuse to ramble...!

10. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

Skimming through this thread, it seems that people want quests to give out better rewards and EXP, and to have cubes available freely.
    So why not have quests give cubes? Limit them to one a day, or have a long quest line (Magatia Questline was 10/10 for plot and execution, for example) give a pack. Maybe not to legendary, but just give out miracle cubes. (able to go up to unique, NOT legendary...maybe super cubes could drop from high leveled bosses?)

As for new classes, I'd like for them to quit making "new" classes per se, but instead release a new BRANCH. This was my hope for the Nova and Resistance classes, making them similar to adventurers in that they can choose to branch out into different aspects. But enough is enough, and I think they should lay off making new classes, and release new maps, content, bosses (particularly those that require skill, RA was a nice step) that can be accessed by all characters, with a reasonable amount of funding. Not so every noob and his mother can grab the gear, but easy enough that you don't have to have 21% stats on all of your gear.

Just my two cents.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I think the point is that adventurers are unique. Their appeal at this point is that they're always available and they are the only group that has branching advancements. If the revamp that is coming wants to make a good game, accentuate those perks and make the classes viable again and people will be excited.

12. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

I feel like that's what the "free advancement" could be, something to do with the adventurer branching aspect, but then again I could be horribly wrong and disappointed.

13. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

Fix the meso/nx ratio. That could range from making cubes much more accessible, to the party quests giving nx, even dojo. My suggestion is making it so that mesos' can be farmed at a reasonable rate. Then you put NX items in NPC shops for mesos, which creates a game balance between the two. This allows players to earn those cash shop bonus' who have the free time, and those who don't. Now a week's worth of time for a hat...is kind of dumb, let alone a single cube. There should be some level:price ratio (A single cube being 50-60k mesos between 1-20, while between 180-200 it's 15m).

That be a perfect meso sink and gives the game an articifical exchange rate. Then you open up cash shop tradability, now you have players starting who can independently work to gain their rewards. That was my biggest issue with the game at least.

14. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

Doesn't really make sense, people would just cube on mule accounts. Different cubes for each tier of potential though does make sense since you only get 2-3% from level 30 equips where you'd get 6-9% on higher stuff.

Fixing the exchange rate just needs some meso sinks that rich players will use. If you put anything actually consumable on sale for mesos (cubes, WS, MEEs, etc.) then the rate would drop soon enough.

You do have to deal with the botting/hacking problem before any ingame achievement has value though. NX can preserve its value only because botters can't generate it.

15. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

That was my intial thought too, but I feel as though the lower players should have those oppurtunities as well, that are reasonable to their means. My suggestion really was a general idea, there are plenty of other necessary path's to take and it certainly isn't the only necessary change.

16. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

Then how about making the meso cubes different from NX ones?

For example, they can only be used on equipment below level X. Lv. 30 cubes will be cheap (20k), Lv. 40 ones a bit more expensive (50k), higher level ones like Lv. 150 cubes that can be used on Empress will be very expensive (50m), etc.. Sort of like magnifying glasses. So price scales with level of the equip rather than your level.

So newbies can get their opportunity and cube their crappy low level equipment for a reasonable price.

17. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

If something like that gets implemented there will probably be close to zero mesos in circulation after everyone buys the cubes.

Ok maybe not zero but after a while people will just buy CS cubes only and the 50m per meso cube or w/e won't be worth it since there are so few mesos floating around.

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

It's not hard to get several million mesos after doing a few boss runs each day. The potions that drop are worth several thousand each, and drop in bundles of 50-100, with like 10 bundles dropped by most of the high end bosses. Then there are the level 160+ monsters dropping several thousand mesos each kill, and the equips they drop that go for 20-100k, and the etc. drops that go for around 50-100k per stack of 200.

There will be plenty of mesos going around, people will just need to loot more rather than ignoring everything that's not worth more than 10 million. Though, it would be helpful if they removed the drop rate penalty on monsters that aren't within 20 levels of the player killing them. Seriously that idea was terrible, and the one who thought of it should feel terrible.

19. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

If it doesn't take 1 second for Maple to parse a(n) (different) action, such as looting individual items once every second, I'd be more willing to loot all the stuff.

Godammit why do item and meso pouches cost NX??

Hadriel

20. Default Re: Fixing MapleStory

i think there have been many good suggestions in this thread, but i think the most notable ones were, making it so you can do in game upgrades to your gear that are better than cs, having cubes drop from bosses/quest lines/ buyable from an npc, with a whole cube lvl:mesos ratio, and making bosses demand more than just spamming 1 button till its dead. Ra had the right steps towards boss fights, now we need some more ideas. Keep the ideas coming people. Surely we who play the game, can come with a concept that fixes maplestory more so that nexon ever will and making loot not be its own god dam animation that takes time