Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

Truly we are living in a dark age.

I find it funny that there are more male gamers on the internet, but there are more female-female marriages in this game. Makes me think there is some perverted roleplay stuff going on here.

3. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

The last statistic I read about Mabinogi was that there were more female than male gamers in there.

I think the bishounen art kind of lends a hand in that.

4. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

The Elves vs Giants thing isn't true anyway, they did away with that at the same time they allowed same sex marriage. The elves & giants became allies over a year ago.

It's really more because women are more objective oriented than men, and advancement in the game is done via checklist.
    You want to learn better swordsmanship? Complete the following X number of tasks X # of times.

Plus it has fashion shows, cooking contests, weekly socializing banquets, sewing, carpentry, blacksmithing and all the other fun filled things that attracts a specific class of gamers beyond just the hack and slash and provides a lot of social opportunity.

5. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

I think nxk should relly follow suit with this in maple, I know a lot of players who would spend the money for this.

6. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

I would personally not mix maple and Mabi anymore than it is now with the chair thingies.

Mabi is a (kinda)perfect thing and should stay as such.

7. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

We'll probably see the same thing in Maplestory eventually. Too bad the current marriage system sucks regardless.

EDIT: To those who pom'd me, I'm sorry that you can't see it, but its true. The marriage system is terrible in every conceivable way compared to what it used to be. Wedding ring effects (which is what I bought my damn ring for in the first place, a permanent ring effect) were removed, APQ was gimped, Amoria was stripped down and oversimplified. Nobody bothers with the place anymore. Its dead. The Ascension/Jump patch was literally the worst thing to ever happen to the marriage system in Maplestory.
    Last edited by Declaimed; 2013-05-20 at 04:19 PM.

8. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

You wouldn't be wrong about that at all.

9. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

Spoiler

But real talk, the Same Sex Marriage in Mabinogi does help quite a bit.
    There is a stat boost whenever you're near your Hubby/Wife (albeit small, but still cool) and comes and goes within time.

..There's also the benefit of never having a "permanent Male/Female if you're married" situation pop up ever again. I was afraid of having that problem until they actually released the marriage option.

There are some inappropriate RPs, though. Ngl.

10. Default Re: Virtual Same Sex Marriage is Thriving in Mabinogi:

Maybe, maybe not.
    Since you can change genders in Mabi more or less at will this was fairly inevitable and borderline meaningless.