Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

I was using the affordability of mastery books as a measure of poverty of the general population. How easily they can realistically be obtained is another issue.

And I don't care if you think whether people deserve anything for free or not. See where this is going? If you dislike free things that much, you're welcome to exclude yourself from participating in Hot Times.

And what exactly is the difference between hunting a boss for an equip and hunting monsters that drop the box (which gives the equip)? So no, it's not doing 'nothing'.

2. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Fail quote is fail.

It's not the fact that it's free. It's the fact that you expect them to give you equips that are still somewhat difficult to obtain to most players, are arguably still considered end-game tier, that aren't even very expensive to begin with, and then think that it will all just be fine and dandy in the end.
    Farming boxes from mobs and killing a boss are not even close to being related. You don't even need gear to kill a mob. A level 16x-17x can easily kill any non-boss mob in this game with clean Reverse gear. Killing a boss like Empress or her Instructors actually takes a fair bit of gearing up, plus you have to know how to handle the boss on top of it. That, is the reason why Empress equipment should not be given out for free, and should always retain some value.

3. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Empress is more difficult, which is why she has a higher drop rate for equipment. Monsters are easier to hunt, and have a lower drop rate. What's the problem?

The fact that Nexon has released higher leveled equipment means that it's time to move on from Empress. If you only you would stop being lazy and actually gear up, maybe you'd be able to hunt the tougher bosses and secure a steady income that way.

4. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

It took me months and billions to afford full empress for my mercedes, and now the set is less than 2b (most of the cost from the cape, seing how the armor is like 10-15m per piece)

5. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Empress has a higher drop rate because the people that kill her use drop rate multipliers. If you go in and kill her with nothing but 1x, you'll be lucky to get 6 equips. With an Egg Buff you get around 10 on average, and with a 2x Card and an Egg Buff you can often squeeze out all 21 equips. Not to mention that you can only enter Empress once a day per character, and that there's almost always a line of people (who take 15-60 minutes each per run) waiting to get in at all hours of the day, so Empress is in no way farmable. I'm sure if you did the same thing to farm boxes you could get hundreds in a day no problem, and there's no competition in doing that whatsoever.

The problem is that if literally EVERYONE in the entire pineappleing server is farming boxes, the FM will be flooded with it, Empress equipment will be diminished to nothing, and there won't even be a point in killing Empress anymore, unless you want to do it for fun/Achievement's sake, which holds no ground in this type of argument.

Are you kidding me? Me? Lazy? No. Not even close. Do a little research before you make stupid accusations like that.

And how exactly do you expect a server to take down the bosses that drop the higher leveled equipment? Hard Magnus is currently impossible in GMS, so good luck with that. Most of the Root Abyss bosses are impossible as well, and the ones that are possible take extreme conditions to even stand a chance at taking them down, so good luck with that too.

6. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

If you want Empress go do Evo and sell some Emp capes or something, then buy whatever you need.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Stuff really only becomes "Impossibly Hard" if you have no way to obtain NX in the beginning.
    Prime example of this is Project Nostalgia. You ain't buying pomegranate unless you get ungodly lucky with MMB pulls or you save up 100+ mil for 2k NX to buy a FM shop (Depending on server ratio).

I think the main problem is a lack of way to sell items without a source of NX. Hopefully the introduction of the AH will remove this barrier entirely.
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2013-05-20 at 04:55 AM.

8. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

>anything that I'm unable to achieve is too difficult and no one should be able to do it and is Nexon's fault
    >anything that I'm able to achieve is easy, and anyone can do it if they weren't lazy asses

Unfortunately for you, difficulty is relative and no one works on your arbitrary scale and standards.

9. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Err, except he's entirely correct in saying that hard mode magnus and the chaos mode root abyss bosses are nigh impossible except for the bloody queen. There is no "relativity" there. It's a fact. But this is getting entirreeeeely off track, so I'm about done in this thread. Empress equips aren't common like you all were hoping they would be, get over it, move on with your lives.
    Last edited by Justin; 2013-05-19 at 11:56 PM.

10. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

Unfortunately for you, you couldn't be more wrong.
    Justin covered pretty much what I was going to say. I'm done with this thread too since you've clearly lost this argument, especially after you blatantly ignored my other points.

11. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

The boss' HP to timer ratio makes it impossible to kill them unless you have like a full party of super godly geared angelic busters since they are the only ones who are capable of breaking the damage cap on a regular basis.

Unlimited will fix this since they are raising the damage cap, but for right now, he's totally justified in blaming Nexon for making them impossible to kill.

I haven't seen a drop in prices on empress gear in CYMK since the gear became available in the boxes, which means that people are either getting them and using them on characters, or they aren't getting them at all and it hasn't affected a single thing. I can't talk for the more populated servers, but it is an event, which means it doesn't last forever, which means who really cares if people farm monsters for hours on end to get boxes to try and get empress gear? It's their choice to spend hours on end farming hundreds of boxes while it's some others' choice to gear up enough to kill empress. They won't pop out of the boxes enough to drastically cripple the already cheap gear. Capes and shoulders may still be expensive in relation to the other armor, but it's completely possible to make meso and save up til you can buy them. Or, as someone else mentioned in this thread, get a group of people to Evo Empress/Evo Knights with to get the capes and shoulders...I can't see the respective knights being that hard to kill in Evo.

12. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

So why not use your funding to make a super godly geared angelic buster who can break the damage cap on a regular basis?

Is it because you're lazy?

Full disclaimer: I'm gonna use whatever arguments you make to justify my not being able to beat Empress.

13. Default Re: Empress equips from boxes cap at 1 per day (GMS)

There are different levels of laziness/difficulty.
    It is completely feasible for "regular" players to be able to take down empress instructors.

Empress expeditions can still hold 18 people. Take advantage of that. Bind/locks are incredibly cheap. Take advantage of that. Luminous/Kaiser/Dual Bladers are pretty OP with minimal funding.

A fully geared Angelic Buster is ridiculous and isn't even feasible for most "top" players.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nothing to see here.