1. Default KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

I uploaded some videos showing the new revamped skills of battle mage.

2nd Job
    Spoiler

3rd Job

Spoiler

When you use the main attacking skill, there is a delay. However, if you use them consecutively, the delay is reduced.

I'll upload 4th job soon~

2. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

So now, the Battle Mage is a chainer?

3. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

The main attack uses skills from all the levels (1st job, 2nd job etc.). But you only need to press one of them and the game will auto-randomly chain for you the level skills with a shorter delay. That was what I experienced.

Like say, I use the 3rd job main attack skill. If you press it again, you can activate the 1st or 2nd job attack. They change randomly. But if you use a lower level skill (2nd job), you can only randomly get 1st or 2nd job attacks.

4. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

So I guess that explains the lesser lines, we have a Magic Thunder Breaker now.

5. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

New Battle Mage skills at Dojo

The way the skills chain together seems really cool, they look just as fast as they were before the revamp.

6. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

okay, at first i thought this was freaking stupid, and now after watching the dojo vid im just speechless

bams fist me pls

7. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

Well this came from nowhere; thought Aran and Evan would have been next in line for balancing updates.

This seems like a full blown revamp. Wonder if this will apply to the rest of the Resistance (minus Xenon and the Demons).

Xenon nerf incoming?

8. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

The patch gave us a Xenon nerf.

9. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

But battle mage lost their best hyper skill.... BkB ..... and now it just like xenon

Reason I like Bkb cuz it give a huge Area attack.... it can even attack magnus when he on the air.

10. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

Well I derped hard, didn't see the extraction thread beforehand.

11. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

I'm still not impressed even after looking at the dojo video. While the attack appears to be very quick, Battle Mages were neat to me because their they were support attackers that used powers akin to darkness, which shows that dark isn't always evil in Maple Story. My previous issue with BaMs was that I was largely using one attack with an extra attack count tacked on after each job advancement, but that is still preferable to having mismatched attacks which can be clearly seen when you contrast the main attack with Twister Spin.

Do it one way or another, Nexon. Stick with the dark theme or give Bam skills more colours but do not keep both. While we're at it the fist skill still makes no sense.

12. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

4th job video

Spoiler

And a video to show how the main attack skill works

Spoiler

13. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

looks incredibly fun.
    does it randomly pull from just the animations? or the skills themselves.

ALSO I CAN FINALLY DO THIS

14. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

Just the animations. The effect of the attack is still the one you used. Though it is still subjected to change until it reaches the official server.

15. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

I get to play a wizard that can punch people in the face

this is the best day.

16. Default Re: KMST Battle Mage Revamped Skills

The New Battle Mage looks like dancing with a huge staff

Also, when fist meets fists...