Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

I'm friggin 25. I thought i grew out of this!

It used to be cute back then, Now i'm just mad at myself cause i need that energy

This will probably be my first allnighter in years. I honestly never did em aside for christmas eves growing up.

One year was SSB Melee all night.

Another I finished Link to the Past over the course of that christmas eve night... ( AND FOUND THE ONE EMPTY ITEM SLOT I COULDN'T FIND WHEN I WAS 10 GO ME.)

Theennn I finished off Legend of Mana on one eve at like 5 am.

Every. Christmas. Eve. I'd end up marathoning a game straight through or something until i got my own job and could just BUY what i wanted...

So what have you guys ever skipped sleep for?

2. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Hmm, usually games with a good story and in the middle of it, you never want to stop. One example from before was Tales of the Abyss, that game was long for one disc, and I remember every time I get through one part of it, the next destination or plot would be a I-must-know-what-happens-next that sleep has become irrelevant.

Of course, another example is, back in the day... Dangerous Valley II, Red Drakes, hunting for 12mil Steely.

3. Can of Soup Male

Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Ahh i need to get Abyss. I don't know if the 3DS version is worth the bother though. I like my RPGs on a big screen.

4. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Many, many things. I would say the most prominent ones are the ones where I'd forget about sleeping just to finish a game or finish reading a book like the final Harry Potter book, stayed up to finish reading it at 5.30 am and I just bought the book too.

Abyss is a great game by the way. While it's true that the experience would be somewhat diminished playing it on a 3DS, the storyline, characters and extra material should engage you in a lot more ways than other games can even hope to say.

5. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Books. I can't get enough of reading now that I'm coming of age @__@ As a kid, my father forced me to read books so I hated them.

The last Harry Potter book. Read it in two sittings. It was driving me mad whose side Snape was really on.
    The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.
    Memoirs of a Geisha (the book's way better than the film...).
    the entire Sailor Moon manga

Game-wise, only Final Fantasy 7, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy Dissidia have kept me up.

6. Can of Soup Male

I likes me some post game content in my RPGs. Considering Abyss even more now.

Also, FF7 is the ONLY game i actually maxed the time counter on. Had so much fun with that game.

7. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Oh man, I thought I was bad. I clocked in 200 hours on FF7. Was extremely happy when I got Aerith's Great Gospel limit break haha

Not so much when she
    Spoiler

The whole "everyone is somehow connected" plot theme was nicely done.

8. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Post-game, eh? While there isn't one after the final boss is defeated, there's a lot of sidequests you might miss the first time through and there's also certain content you can only unlock after beating the game at least once. Abyss also has a lot of extra written materials about the characters that's not stated in the game and they're worth reading as they give insights into character actions and motivations.

The only other game I remembered being so excited to beat past midnight was Persona 3, appropriately so too since I finished the final boss before it was 1.00 am on the clock.

9. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

I just remembered now, I spent countless (and some because I fell asleep while playing) hours upon hours between Disgaea games. Sometimes it is grinding, other times it is figuring out Geopanels to null everything and get the bonuses, and much time to item/character world... Don't ask, but somehow all the strategy and planning sometimes made me more awake than sleepy and lost countless days of sleep that way too.

10. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

I will go [overnight mode] when I....

... playing: Star Ocean: the second story (PSone), Kamidori Alchemy Meister (Japanese SRPG for PC), Touhou Sky Arena [Matsuri] (another combat based Touhou games made by AREA-ZERO, a japanese game devolper)
    ... drawing: my own manga project like Elemental Matrix, 24yrs: the origin, finishing my digital painting
    ... reading: NHK ni Youkoso (light novel) - darn, I wish that more interesting titles that I can buy in my area...

Well, I wished that I currently having my own PSP / PSvita so I can play Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy ;u;

11. Can of Soup Male

I was pretty young back then so i never got into all the secrets of the game though (plus the internet was too new to help me back then) I had to rely on game informer to help me find out a lot of things...

I still never beat ruby weapon... my rivalry burns hot against that thing. Most of that time was on chocobo breeding and getting rich as all heck off the races!

Persona is one of those games where the hype around it legitimately got me interested. OH AND THE MUSIC TOO.

I just wish i didnt have so much of a gaming backlog to go through before i could pick up more games. So much game, not enough time. :[

12. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

That's completely understandable seeing that Persona games can end up clocking a metric ton of hours if you're training a lot and doing everything you can. The music is also strangely compelling and Persona 3 did nothing to help curb the instinct to go as high as possible in Tartarus except for that one barrier blocking you until the next Big Event shows up.

On the whole, I'd say these games feel a lot more satisfying when you can play them to extended lengths at a time- hence, being able to say that you don't need to sleep helps. It sure made me long for the weekends during those times since that was the only time I could play past midnight and not have to stop right before a big revelation!

13. Can of Soup Male

DISGAEA <333 Oh man. I had been starving for a game like Shining Force for YEARS when i finally heard about that game.

I never broke 1k levels on it. or on D2, but the 400ish hours i put into both reaaaallly was fun all the way through.

My cousin just recently bought me Disgaea 3 for my birthday couple of months back. I'll prolly just play through the story though... Gonna save my postgame energy for Disgaea... Dimensions is it? What with coming back to Laharl and the guys?

Star Ocean Second Story! You have no idea how happy it made me to find they ported it to PSP. I grabbed it right away. I looked for YEARS for the Ps1 version but nowhere had it...

The only thing that dissapoints me is the how the crafting is done though. All the item pics are static 2d images now. Watching items morph through shapes was really mindblowing for me way back. (to make up for it though, the way Claude's new VA says 'DAMMIT' when it fails is hilarious to me)

Drawing is what takes up most of my time now, and why my game backlog is so big. I've dedicated a lot of time trying to grasp construction and Loomis' methods. I hope to move on to actually refining my blending and coloring skills soon.

14. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

They did what to the item crafting system!? That's sad to hear, watching the item change form and groaning the moment I could see it heading downhill or cheering if it looked great was part of the highlight of the whole process to me.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Freaking major tournament card games. Something like Regional qualifiers or whatnot. THE HYPE!
    Funny enough I tend to do really well when I'm tired as hell.

16. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Disgaea Dimension 2. I think it was made to commemorate 10 years of Disgaea, and so on this particular game they go back with Laharl and co. In addition! to that, Disgaea 5 is also announced!

17. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

I still have the CD version for PSone but unfortunately my PSone console was broken since 2008, I can't continue the storyline (that time I was in the introduction of Ten Wise Men) until I bought my own laptop, I need to restart all the way from beginning.

To be honest, I hate the sounds of item creation for SOTSS. It's annoying. Item creation was also mindblowing my mind that I even need to close my eyes and ears. Well, we cannot blame the PSone technology, it's the best game so far that we can do everything freely. Also, the only game I ever play that max level was over LV 99.

Drawing.... I'm more on painting than drawing my own manga. It's because I was influenced by Fine Art field to do a single artwork. I haven't finished my training yet, that requires me to go for degree level.

18. Can of Soup Male

Oh you're reminding me of a friend. He does the pokemon TCG and goes to league here and there.

Say wha? So there's still a D5 on the way? Now I'm lost. is Dimensions still going to be a full-fledged Disgaea game or is it a smaller entry of some sort?

19. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

I've pulled a lot of all-nighters for trivial reasons..

Most recently, marathon of Community. Started around 5AM, was watching in bed and fell asleep at about noon.

Other times have been for games, notably Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

20. Default Re: Not being able to sleep cause you're excited about something.

Blade and soul downloading. I stayed up until like 3 am waiting for it. IM NOT CRAZY, YOU'RE CRAZY, ALL YOU GODDAMN MUPPETS