1. Default Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

Is it possible that Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skills could help to avoid abnormal status att from bosses? which indirectly improve the overall Abnormal Status Resistance %?

Paladin Guard Chance, Block Chance, Divine Shield. Phantom, DB and Xenon's high avoid/dodge rate.

Some bosses have lightning att that triggers Seal/Stun. If a job managed to guard/dodge that att (a guard animation or 'miss' appear), does it mean those guard/dodge skill indirectly helped the Abnormal Status Resistance %?

Do these guard/dodge skills help on Potential Cancel, Seduce, etc?

Another question about Kanna, the skill Foxfire from Haku Perfected "Has a 50% chance to nullify magic", does it mean status resistance 50%? Else Kanna is doomed with 0% resist.. only that limited range Barrier skill has 30% resist, with cooldown.

2. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

Some attacks need to hit your character to trigger abnormal status. Some attacks don't.
    Dodging/guarding only helps against stuff that does damage. Doesn't do anything against slow, zombify, banish, potential cancel, potion lock, transform, target marking, seduce etc.

No clue about Kanna.

3. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

From my experience, dodging an abnormal status inflicting attack won't do you any good, whether the status is inflicted or not is still based on your status resistance. If you miss it instead, the miss being based on your avoidability stat and not from a dodge, the abnormal status infliction will fail. I've heard of someone testing this with a Phantom at Eckhart, if his web skill misses, you won't get stunned, but if you dodge it with Mist Mask/Flash and Flee, there's still a chance you will get stunned. This is just skill based dodging, though, I'm not sure about guarding.

4. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

Dodging Pierre's and Queen's attacks still get me sealed/blinded, but it's RA so it may be different from normal bosses

5. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

That'd be the same for me. Crimson Queen has the whole screen blind when she claws you in her normal form. Pierre can seal while he's in his blue hat form doing the fire spin tornado.

It should be the same for normal bosses. When Zak uses that lightning attack, I still get sealed even when Shadow Shifter's Dodge activates.

@iAmFear: If anyone has a DB (preferably high leveled), they can test this out since all 3 of their skills are purely based off Avoid/Evasion Rate and not Dodge Rate.

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

@Mazz SORRY

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

I have heard that counter blocks statuses, but i haven't paid attention myself.

8. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

I've tested this a long time ago, DB's avoid is nothing like Shadower's shifter. They completely dodge and will never get webbed by Eckhart, or sealed at Zakum. For more to the test, with free SP resets, I removed the Mist Mask skill (or whatever it's called) from Phantom and never got webbed or sealed at Zakum/CPB again, whatever my DB could do basically.

Mercs and BaM's fall in the same boat as everyone else with this type of dodge I believe.

9. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

Yeah, you're right. I watched a couple of DB videos just to be sure. That seems to be one disadvantage of Dodge Rate.

It's weird how Nexon gives some classes full Evasion Rate skills (DB), or full Dodge Rate (NL), or a mix of both (Phantom, Merc, Shad). Full Evasion Rate is such a broken mechanic, which is one reason why I believe kMS nerfed the total Evasion Rate to 90% in Unlimited.

10. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

Full evasion rate is useless as a defensive mechanism at bosses with 9999 Accuracy, which is probably why they introduced bosses with 9999 Accuracy in the first place.

It's a really sucky way to deal with avoid, it's right up there with making bosses with status afflictions that completely ignore status resistance.

11. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

That's what I've said before as well before I saw one of @Mazz's Root Abyss video where he could actually miss against the bosses. Normal and Chaos versions both have 9999 Accuracy, don't they?

Here's that video.
    Spoiler

Or is this just the Root Abyss randomness factor like where some Mages get ohko'd by Von Bon's projectile (assuming it ignores MG) while most non-Mages would be 2hko'd?

Crimson Queen's mirror seduce seems to be one that ignores Status Resistance. You can't even use Hero's Will on it until you touch the mirror, and by that time, you've already died if no one else in the party's shattered it.

12. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

From my experience, as someone said before, if an attack has to connect with your character to inflict a status, a high leveled Dual Blade is pretty much immune. This goes for stun/seal/blind/tornado at Empress (can't think of others), but not potential lock or zombify, since those don't need to deal damage to you to afflict you.

Root Abyss bosses are weird, I can very rarely dodge Pierre's attacks (~2:25 in the video above), but no other boss that I recall. Stance seems to work similarly, Thorns has 90% stance but inside those bosses (Pierre especially, I only seem to notice it at him) it seems to work maybe 20% of the time... I think Flash Bang helps slightly with the chance of a boss missing you but I don't know for sure. Flash Bang should be -20% boss accuracy if it does work.

@tecul1; add one of these ; to the end of the mention otherwise it won't work, only just saw this xD

edit:
    Just noticed a miss at Von Bon and another at Queen, neither with Flash Bang active.
    Last edited by Mazz; 2013-05-08 at 05:28 PM.

13. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

The sad part is everything is useless as a defensive mechanism against any boss with 9999 accuracy. Almost all of them do % hp damage, nothing works against that, not even skills they even designed to block all damage.

Mazz is right on the dodge part, I don't know why its like that but the Chaos versions actually hit you at 100% rate unlike the normal ones. I haven't tried to flash bang them though...

14. Default Re: Abnormal Status Resistance% & Guard/Block/Dodge/Avoid skill

The Chaos bosses have % HP damage on all skills.
    What I find interesting is how Blue Pierre can seal with touch damage.